How can I get out of my comfort zone

I'm trying to get out of my comfort zone to find my passion but things like anxiety and fear stop me from leaving and as a result of this I'm starting to become a bit depressed (feeling like my life is dull and repetitive). It's things like not choosing a Uni far away because I'm scared if moving out of parents house (eg comfort zone) that make me feel like I'll never experience life and find my passion because my fear will always pull me back into my comfort zone. If anyone's had any similar experiences pleas could you let me know what I can can do to overcome my anxiety and fear and break out of my comfort zone to experience life and find my passion and what worked for you.

Re: How can I get out of my comfort zone

Quote Originally Posted by mrjim View Post
    I'm trying to get out of my comfort zone to find my passion but things like anxiety and fear stop me from leaving and as a result of this I'm starting to become a bit depressed (feeling like my life is dull and repetitive). It's things like not choosing a Uni far away because I'm scared if moving out of parents house (eg comfort zone) that make me feel like I'll never experience life and find my passion because my fear will always pull me back into my comfort zone. If anyone's had any similar experiences pleas could you let me know what I can can do to overcome my anxiety and fear and break out of my comfort zone to experience life and find my passion and what worked for you.
    Welcome to Lifesupporters, mrjim.

How about taking small steps to do something out of your comfort zone before you make any big decisions? Sometimes small steps can give you the confidence to know that you will be able to take bigger steps in the future.

Lifesupporters is a good place to post your journey as you can help others in the same situation.
    Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.

True love is wanting to give to another person without any thought about
    who’s getting the better of the deal.

Love always creates, it never destroys. In this lie's man's only promise

~All quotes by Leo Buscaglia

In order to get out of your comfort zone, try to face your fear, your fear on "what could happen if you did this/that".. Be more "risky", sometimes it gives us more confidence to do many things in life.

this must be a month old thread, but it still in the top, and i want to comment anyway not only for OP, but for anyone else who have the same situation to OP. Anyway, always remember, if you don't do a move, nothing will change.

Thread Information