Unwanted Marriage Separation

Hello! I am new to this and I do not know if many people get into this threads or whatever. Anyways, I am going through a separation from my husband, he decided to leave after 9 years of us being together. I am totally heart broken and suffer from major anxiety due to the circumstances. I feel lost and cannot fathom life without him. I have been able to survive a month without him(I do not know how), but I still hurt not being with him. I need advise on how to overcome this pain. Thanks for your time. Nena

Re: Unwanted Marriage Separation

Quote Originally Posted by NENA View Post
    Hello! I am new to this and I do not know if many people get into this threads or whatever. Anyways, I am going through a separation from my husband, he decided to leave after 9 years of us being together. I am totally heart broken and suffer from major anxiety due to the circumstances. I feel lost and cannot fathom life without him. I have been able to survive a month without him(I do not know how), but I still hurt not being with him. I need advise on how to overcome this pain. Thanks for your time. Nena
    Welcome to Lifesupporters, Nena.

The very first positive thing I can say is that you have already survived a month on your own and that is huge!

Often people lose themselves in their partner and are doubly bereft when that partner leaves. Even though it's heartwrenching for you right now, what you can try is see your own strengths and how you survived before you met him or began a relationship with him. Each small step that you try, while grieving for your relationship, will help you move on.

This is a good place to post your thoughts and feelings as you go through your journey onward.
    Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.

True love is wanting to give to another person without any thought about
    who’s getting the better of the deal.

Love always creates, it never destroys. In this lie's man's only promise

~All quotes by Leo Buscaglia

Re: Unwanted Marriage Separation

Hello Nena and welcome to Lifesupporters. I am sorry for your circumstances but you aren't alone. It is a very difficult thing to go through but it is a "one step at a time" thing. Time will make it better but in the mean time find things you enjoy doing; go out with close friends, to the movies or dinner or drinks. One day you will realize you can stand on your own two feet without him or any man. Take care and I hope you feel better soon.
    The brain is a wonderful organ; it starts working the moment you get up in the morning, and does not stop until you get to the office. (Robert Frost)

Thread Information