Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Saying Goodbye to CLUTTER

Which reminds me of the Dutch writer who murdered his wife, and wrote a book about it. It is only when he moved to a new place, and the new owner of his house started digging around that they found the evidence.

So, yes ...

Better stay where you are Rosie
    The butterfly counts not months but moments, and has time enough. - Rabindranath Tagore

Keep true to the dreams of your youth. - Friedrich Schiller

The only philosophy which can be responsibly practised in face of despair is the attempt to contemplate all things as they would present themselves from the standpoint of redemption. - Theodor Adorno

Well I won't write a book, gosh that's just silly and asking to be found out

Now where did I put that map

I'm enjoying thoroughly reading the conversation between Rosie and Vautrin.

For myself, I was SO incredibly happy to fit into my favourite jeans last year!

Then somehow December rolled around and so did about eight extra pounds....just don't know how that happened....you both believe me, don't you?
    Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.

True love is wanting to give to another person without any thought about
    who’s getting the better of the deal.

Love always creates, it never destroys. In this lie's man's only promise

~All quotes by Leo Buscaglia

Blame the weighing scale for being defective. Blame the washing machine for shrinking your jeans.

Problem solved.
    The butterfly counts not months but moments, and has time enough. - Rabindranath Tagore

The only philosophy which can be responsibly practised in face of despair is the attempt to contemplate all things as they would present themselves from the standpoint of redemption. - Theodor Adorno

Quote Originally Posted by Vautrin View Post
    Blame the weighing scale for being defective. Blame the washing machine for shrinking your jeans.

Problem solved.
    Dear, Dear Vautrin...how I've missed you! You just made me feel SO much better! I'm determined to fit into those jeans again and soon...
    Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.

Defective goods - the cause of many a good piece of clothing to be consigned to the back of the closet

With your determination those jeans will be flying out the closet to encompass you very soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosie Sanchez View Post
    Defective goods - the cause of many a good piece of clothing to be consigned to the back of the closet

With your determination those jeans will be flying out the closet to encompass you very soon.

Thank you, Dear, Dear Rosie! I may just try them again to see if I can even get close to buttoning them up....if I don't breathe!

I've come to a standstill with my book shelf now. I've given away as many books as I can but have kept my beloved ones...which are many. Some still need to be read...after "War and Peace" is done.

Quote Originally Posted by Luba View Post
    I've come to a standstill with my book shelf now. I've given away as many books as I can but have kept my beloved ones...which are many. Some still need to be read...after "War and Peace" is done.
    In other words: if you are that set on War and Peace, you may as well give away all other books. Hard to get through that one.

Thank you, Dear, Dear Rosie! I may just try them again to see if I can even get close to buttoning them up....if I don't breathe!
    Take a walk, visit the bathroom, find your tightest undies ....... then GO FOR IT .......

In other words: if you are that set on War and Peace, you may as well give away all other books. Hard to get through that one.
    I have less than 200 pages to go and I'm determined to finish it this time.

Take a walk, visit the bathroom, find your tightest undies ....... then GO FOR IT .......
    I may just try it...if it wasn't for the box of Ferrero Rocher's my husband bought for Mother's Day and I have NEVER in my life finished a box of chocolates THAT fast! I believe there were only 18 in the box and they were small!

I have less than 200 pages to go and I'm determined to finish it this time.

I may just try it...if it wasn't for the box of Ferrero Rocher's my husband bought for Mother's Day and I have NEVER in my life finished a box of chocolates THAT fast! I believe there were only 18 in the box and they were small!
    oooh then it's fine - give yourself a day or two and then go for it

Practice makes perfect. Tell him to get you another box, and see if you can break the record

Practice makes perfect. Tell him to get you another box, and see if you can break the record

I was thinking, this very morning, that I must not do that EVER again! I don't know what possessed me to do that, maybe it's because it's been quite awhile since I've had those. Whatever the excuse is, been there done that, time to behave and not sabotage all that work I did last year to lose the excess weight.

I don't know what possessed me
    It is the magic in the wrapping - they just taunt you until you cannot resist. I would have done the same, that's why I have them about once a year

We shall both have to start our Disco Dancing together and the effects will soon disappear dear Luba

I don't know what possessed me
    It is the magic in the wrapping - they just taunt you until you cannot resist. I would have done the same, that's why I have them about once a year

We shall both have to start our Disco Dancing together and the effects will soon disappear dear Luba
    It would be fun, especially listening to the BeeGees.

Thread Information