Glen Campbell Puts a Face to Alzheimers Disease

Mr. Campbell and his family's courage in showing all that happens through this dreadful disease and how it touches so many families, how difficult it is to cope through.

This song made me cry when I listened to it while watching the "Glen Campbell I'll Be Me"" and it's making me well up with tears again. So sad to have a loved one taken away in life by this disease.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8TsAh-zYFI

Glen Campbell: I'll Be Me is a 2014 American documentary film about country music singer Glen Campbell. Campbell and close friend Julian Raymond, the film's executive producer, won a Grammy Award, and were nominated for an Academy Award for Best Original Song for writing the film's theme "I'm Not Gonna Miss You".
    Rotten Tomatoes reports that the film has received a 100% "Fresh" rating, with 26 positive reviews and no negative ones.[2] The Washington Post's Ann Hornaday wrote that " 'Iíll Be Me' is an elevating experience, inviting the audience to bear witness to Campbellís courage, humor and spiritual strength. His story may make for a tough movie, but itís an important and triumphant one, as well."[3] Alissa Simon of Variety wrote that it "blends intimate and unflinching medical details, poignant performance footage and a survey of its subjectís place in musical history through well-chosen archival footage and interviews with other iconic performers."[4]
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glen_Campbell:_I'll_Be_Me
    Last edited by Luba; 06-30-2015 at 05:53 PM. Reason: Added more
    Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.

True love is wanting to give to another person without any thought about
    whoís getting the better of the deal.

Love always creates, it never destroys. In this lie's man's only promise

~All quotes by Leo Buscaglia

Re: Glen Campbell Puts a Face to Alzheimers Disease

I will look for this documentary. I last saw Glen Campbell on tv when he and his wife announced he had Alzheimers and he said he would continue to sing even if has to have the words in front of him. Remarkable man.

This is a cruel disease, robbing people of their memories and their independence.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosie Sanchez View Post
    I will look for this documentary. I last saw Glen Campbell on tv when he and his wife announced he had Alzheimers and he said he would continue to sing even if has to have the words in front of him. Remarkable man.

This is a cruel disease, robbing people of their memories and their independence.

Yes, it is and this documentary was very difficult to watch for me. It was amazing how he was still able to do his music while most everything else was being stripped away.
    Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.

Yes, it is and this documentary was very difficult to watch for me. It was amazing how he was still able to do his music while most everything else was being stripped away.
    This follows the other thread I started about how music inspires, lives on, brings back important moments.

I've just read that Glen Campbell is being sued by the producer of the documentary. Somehow this seems at odds with the message of the programme.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosie Sanchez View Post
    I've just read that Glen Campbell is being sued by the producer of the documentary. Somehow this seems at odds with the message of the programme.
    I heard that, too, and agree with you, Rosie.

Thread Information