Just starting to figure out things and taking my time on it

I am starting to figure out things and taking my time on it since I went through a tough divorce last month.I have dated women and men in the past.Only had one serious GF in my past,dated on and off which did not work out at the end.I am talking dating again in Janaury and my feelings say a new girlfriend.I feel that a woman would listen to me more and attracted to them more also.Good thing is I have a couple friends that are open about their sexual orientation,One is lesbian and the other is gay.Went over to talk to them about it last night and they said it takes time thinking about it.Biggest thing is they said not to rush this at all.Plus I talked a counselor at a local GLBT center in my area today.She say explore these feelings wisely with love.What should I do?My parents said they would love me still if I decided to have a girlfriend in my life

Re: Just starting to figure out things and taking my time on

Firstly how wonderful to have such support from your parents. It is a lovely thing to hear and I applaude them and you for the open honesty between you.

I agree with your friend and the counselor. You've just come out of a divorce and having found out about your health issues, therefore you could get into something which could ultimately take you backwards not forwards. It matters not if it's a guy or a girl in this instance.

I am a great believer that the right person does come along when the time is right. Gender does not matter. In your other post you spoke of having a make-over so you are obviously feeling lifted so maybe take time in enjoying the new you. The romance will follow as soon as others see how confident and open you are and the right person will find you.

I am going towards lesbian so far,this friend of mine whom is a lesbian knows a few good women for me.One she knows did go through a tough divorce in August too and already has chosen to date women.Said this one maybe the right one for me when it comes time

Sounds like you have a great support system and good friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosie Sanchez View Post
    I agree with Rosie's reply, too. Take your time following your own dreams.
    Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.

True love is wanting to give to another person without any thought about
    who’s getting the better of the deal.

Love always creates, it never destroys. In this lie's man's only promise

~All quotes by Leo Buscaglia

Quote Originally Posted by Luba View Post
    I agree with Rosie's reply, too. Take your time following your own dreams.
    I do and it looks towards dating women now.Went to a gay and lesbian bar with a couple of my friends Thursday night and there is one woman there Allie that is interested in me.Told Allie give me time and we will talk in January.She understands and is giving me time.

Fantastic that you are exploring your possibilities without "jumping" into something straight away.

I do like Allie and understands I have been divorced a month ago.Talking to Allie,she just got out of a relationship with a girlfriend of hers breaking up with her 3 weeks ago.

Fantastic that you are exploring your possibilities without "jumping" into something straight away.
    I agree with Rosie; take your time to enjoy what you are doing for yourself first.
    Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.

I am taking my time very well and realizing I am bisexual thinking it over.There are great respectful men out there too.

Our soulmate is out there, it's just allowing yourself to be open to seeing them.

Plus my new co worker Patrick has a brother that is interested in dating me also.We talked and told him give me time,he understands also.Met last weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by daniellej View Post
    Plus my new co worker Patrick has a brother that is interested in dating me also.We talked and told him give me time,he understands also.Met last weekend.
    It sounds like your social life may be picking up soon as you take time-out for yourself first.

It sounds like your social life may be picking up soon as you take time-out for yourself first.
    Super nice guy and has listened to me very well.Plus he knows how to treat women right.His name is Doug and he loves my laugh.We also both like Busch Beer.Him,I like that he was raised to treat a woman right.Doug is like me,a single parent of a 16 year old son and 18 year old son.Wife passed away a year ago from terminal cancer and she was only 34 years old.

It sounds like a nice friendship developing with Doug. Take your time and enjoy it for how it's going now!

It sounds like a nice friendship developing with Doug. Take your time and enjoy it for how it's going now!
    Doug understands what I am going through,a tough time in my life.It hit him hard when his wife passed away and is starting to develop into a friendship now.We are talking dating in January or Febuary.We have a lot of the same interests too besides the Busch Beer.

Doug understands what I am going through,a tough time in my life.It hit him hard when his wife passed away and is starting to develop into a friendship now.We are talking dating in January or Febuary.We have a lot of the same interests too besides the Busch Beer.
    That last part made me laugh, danielle, love your sense of humour!

It's great the way you both understand each other and are taking it slow, that way it could develop into an awesome and happy relationship when you find out everything about each other when taking it slow as you both have been through hard times.

That last part made me laugh, danielle, love your sense of humour!

It's great the way you both understand each other and are taking it slow, that way it could develop into an awesome and happy relationship when you find out everything about each other when taking it slow as you both have been through hard times.
    It is looking good.We are both Detroit Redwings fans,can't stand anything hot and spicy food and do like Crown Royal whiskey also are a few more.He loves my Canadian accent too
    Last edited by daniellej; 10-31-2015 at 01:27 PM.

It is looking good.We are both Detroit Redwings fans,can't stand anything hot and spicy food and do like Crown Royal whiskey also are a few more.He loves my Canadian accent too
    It sounds like you are learning fun things about each other. Good to get to know about serious issues as the friendship progresses maybe into a lovely relationship.

It sounds like you are learning fun things about each other. Good to get to know about serious issues as the friendship progresses maybe into a lovely relationship.
    Looks like it will happen,his mom is Canadian and have met her also.She already said I seem to be nice and her favorite word to say is "eh" like me

Looks like it will happen,his mom is Canadian and have met her also.She already said I seem to be nice and her favorite word to say is "eh" like me
    I bought two Canadian Eh tee shirts a long time ago. They are still wearing well, my husband's is white and mine is black. A quiz on the back of them which is quite funny, too. I laugh everytime I catch myself saying "eh", too!

Thread Information