Thread: Turkey Recipe

Turkey Recipe

I may have posted this one before so forgive me if I've repeated it, it's SUCH a good and easy recipe. Since we've already had our Thanksgiving Day, this may be in time for when you celebrate yours:

You probably thought I didnít cook Ė well here is my turkey recipe. With Thanksgiving coming up for you, you will probably like to try it.

TURKEY RECIPE

Here is a turkey recipe that also includes the use of popcorn as a stuffing -- imagine that. When I found this recipe, I thought it was perfect for people like me, who just are not sure how to tell when poultry is thoroughly cooked, but not dried out. Give this a try!
    8 - 15 lb. turkey
    1 cup melted butter
    1 cup stuffing (Pepperidge Farm is good)
    1 cup uncooked popcorn (Orville Redenbacher's low fat)
    Salt and pepper to taste
    Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Brush turkey well with melted butter, salt and pepper. Fill cavity with stuffing and popcorn. Place in baking pan with the neck end toward the back of the oven. Listen for the popping sounds. When the turkey's butt blows the oven door open and the bird flies across the room, IT's DONE!
    And, you thought I didn't cook!

Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.

True love is wanting to give to another person without any thought about
    whoís getting the better of the deal.

Love always creates, it never destroys. In this lie's man's only promise

~All quotes by Leo Buscaglia

Re: Turkey Recipe

oooh Luba............ am laughing so hard at this. I have visions of your husband waiting the other side of the room with a baseball mitt ready to catch the turkey.

Cooking a turkey is not the easiest I must admit. I loosen the skin with my fingers and fill the areas with butter and push it gently as far as I can on the breast. I baste the legs with lots of butter. Then I cover the whole thing with lots and lots of streaky bacon and brush with butter again. (yep a lot of butter). Cover with foil and roast (25 mins/kg).

Thread Information