My grandmother was rushed to hospital this morning

My grandmother was rushed to the hospital this morning and I am glad she is ok,fell down to the kitchen floor and luckily no injuries.She is sore and bruised up a little bit.Came over after getting out work to see her and she is the only grandparent I have left.I do admit she does take care of herself although she is 87 years old and her mind is still there.Stays active too.Gave her a hug before I left and told her to be careful.

Re: My grandmother was rushed to hospital this morning

Accidents happen in old age. Glad it was nothing too serious, and most of all that she is still with you.
    The butterfly counts not months but moments, and has time enough. - Rabindranath Tagore

Keep true to the dreams of your youth. - Friedrich Schiller

The only philosophy which can be responsibly practised in face of despair is the attempt to contemplate all things as they would present themselves from the standpoint of redemption. - Theodor Adorno

Sending her wishes for a speedy recovery. We must learn to value and care for our older generations without stepping on their independance, I know my gran was very, VERY, independant

She is very independent and grew up with a hard life.Her parents were alcoholics and my grandfather I never met was very abusive to her.She ended up shooting and killing him one night during a fight and he was beating her up at the same time.She said I am one of the greatest gifts my dad gave her and I do treat her with respect.Putting her on life alert now which is well worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by daniellej View Post
    She is very independent and grew up with a hard life.Her parents were alcoholics and my grandfather I never met was very abusive to her.She ended up shooting and killing him one night during a fight and he was beating her up at the same time.She said I am one of the greatest gifts my dad gave her and I do treat her with respect.Putting her on life alert now which is well worth it.
    So great to see grandchildren treating their grandparents with respect and love, you seem to be a lovely person, danielle.
    Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.

True love is wanting to give to another person without any thought about
    who’s getting the better of the deal.

Love always creates, it never destroys. In this lie's man's only promise

~All quotes by Leo Buscaglia

Quote Originally Posted by Luba View Post
    So great to see grandchildren treating their grandparents with respect and love, you seem to be a lovely person, danielle.
    I am this way and learned from her very well.One thing is don't take life for granted.Also learn from the mistakes I make in life.One was when I was arrested and convicted of drinking and driving.I knew the simple answer,don't do it again.

Quote Originally Posted by Luba View Post
    I am this way and learned from her very well.One thing is don't take life for granted.Also learn from the mistakes I make in life.One was when I was arrested and convicted of drinking and driving.I knew the simple answer,don't do it again.
    Your Grandma must be very proud of you, Danielle!
    Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.

True love is wanting to give to another person without any thought about
    who’s getting the better of the deal.

Love always creates, it never destroys. In this lie's man's only promise

~All quotes by Leo Buscaglia

Thread Information