Proud of myself,losing weight

I am proud of myself,losing weight.Went to the doctor for a check up and she seen I lost 12 pounds.I was 21 pounds overweight.I have been doing this with none of these weight loss drugs.It was all hard work at the gym and eating right.I am getting there,9 pounds to lose.I noticed the dresses that never fit me which fit me now.My friends say I am a whole different person too.

Re: Proud of myself,losing weight

Losing weight is hard. Crash diets don't work, and it can be a real struggle. The trick seems to be to find a method that works for you. For some people it is diets, for others it is a bit more exercise, and for still others it is a reduction in stress and comfort eating.

Once you have found a routine that works for you, it becomes quite manageable, and depending on what is involved, even enjoyable. For instance whereas a walk might have been tiring you before, it now becomes a lot easier, and depending on your surroundings it might even offer you a nice break in nature, courtesy of a walk you would not have taken before.

Great going, and keep it up
    The butterfly counts not months but moments, and has time enough. - Rabindranath Tagore

Keep true to the dreams of your youth. - Friedrich Schiller

The only philosophy which can be responsibly practised in face of despair is the attempt to contemplate all things as they would present themselves from the standpoint of redemption. - Theodor Adorno

For night snacks,it is fruit and vegetables mainly.I have been planning the meals right and my daughters are slightly adjusting to it slowly.My youngest does not like brussel sprouts and my oldest two do.I made the focus of losing this light weight.My doctor is trying to get me to cut down on my Crown Royal and Cokes which is my favorite mixed drink.

Good on you, danielle! Vautrin gave great advice, too!
    Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.

True love is wanting to give to another person without any thought about
    who’s getting the better of the deal.

Love always creates, it never destroys. In this lie's man's only promise

~All quotes by Leo Buscaglia

I have stuck to a plan that works for me and it works for helping controlling lupus which I have staying active.

Quote Originally Posted by daniellej View Post
    I have stuck to a plan that works for me and it works for helping controlling lupus which I have staying active.
    That's awesome, a two-for-one as it were; looking and feeling fantastic as well as helping to control lupus.
    Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.

True love is wanting to give to another person without any thought about
    who’s getting the better of the deal.

Love always creates, it never destroys. In this lie's man's only promise

~All quotes by Leo Buscaglia

Quote Originally Posted by Luba View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by daniellej View Post
    That's awesome, a two-for-one as it were; looking and feeling fantastic as well as helping to control lupus.
    I don't sit around doing nothing.My friends say I look good now.Plus I stay active making my house calls fixing,repairing and maintaining heavy equipment.

Thread Information