A friend of mine invited me to come with him

A friend of mine invited me to come with him in a couple weeks.My friend Danny buys and sells classic cars for a living and he knew I always been looking for a 1970 to 1972 Monte Carlo.Said there is one coming up in an auction in a couple weeks and I have the money saved up.Luckily talked to my boss and said yes to a couple days off of work.I have 2 vacation days to use up.Danny showed me the pictures of this Monte Carlo,a 1970 and looks good after a full body off restoration.The story of wanting one is after seeing the music video of Martina McBride's song Wrong Baby Wrong.Plus I love that body style Monte Carlo.I said yes on Tuesday and he signed me up for a bidder's pass.

Re: A friend of mine invited me to come with him

Quote Originally Posted by daniellej View Post
    A friend of mine invited me to come with him in a couple weeks.My friend Danny buys and sells classic cars for a living and he knew I always been looking for a 1970 to 1972 Monte Carlo.Said there is one coming up in an auction in a couple weeks and I have the money saved up.Luckily talked to my boss and said yes to a couple days off of work.I have 2 vacation days to use up.Danny showed me the pictures of this Monte Carlo,a 1970 and looks good after a full body off restoration.The story of wanting one is after seeing the music video of Martina McBride's song Wrong Baby Wrong.Plus I love that body style Monte Carlo.I said yes on Tuesday and he signed me up for a bidder's pass.
    Sounds great, Danielle; hoping to hear the results of your trip upon your return.
    Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.

True love is wanting to give to another person without any thought about
    who’s getting the better of the deal.

Love always creates, it never destroys. In this lie's man's only promise

~All quotes by Leo Buscaglia

Quote Originally Posted by Luba View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by daniellej View Post
    Sounds great, Danielle; hoping to hear the results of your trip upon your return.
    I will and luckily he knows the people at this auction.One rep looked it over and emailed me pictures on it.Has the 400 engine,want one with the 400 or 350 engine.There was a big block one,gas guzzler.Plus Danny is looking for a 1938 to 1940 Ford street rod for my dad.

Good luck in the auction. Just hope there is no one else looking for the same thing - it keeps the price down.
    The butterfly counts not months but moments, and has time enough. - Rabindranath Tagore

Keep true to the dreams of your youth. - Friedrich Schiller

The only philosophy which can be responsibly practised in face of despair is the attempt to contemplate all things as they would present themselves from the standpoint of redemption. - Theodor Adorno

Quote Originally Posted by Vautrin View Post
    Good luck in the auction. Just hope there is no one else looking for the same thing - it keeps the price down.
    I hope so,Danny warned me about one guy that likes to raise prices on purpose to watch out for.

I guess the best strategy is simply to look at the things you're interested in, and tell yourself what the absolute maximum is you're willing to pay for it.

As for the guy who deliberately raises prices - let him pay through his nose for some junk. Would serve him right.
    The butterfly counts not months but moments, and has time enough. - Rabindranath Tagore

Keep true to the dreams of your youth. - Friedrich Schiller

The only philosophy which can be responsibly practised in face of despair is the attempt to contemplate all things as they would present themselves from the standpoint of redemption. - Theodor Adorno

Thread Information