Healing Through Tears/Crying

Do you cry often? What events would bring on tears? Those are just a couple of questions about crying that I will start with.

I'm a HUGE believer in crying to heal, to obtain peace, or even when feeling sentimental.

I have more thoughts about this topic, for another time.
    Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.

True love is wanting to give to another person without any thought about
    who’s getting the better of the deal.

Love always creates, it never destroys. In this lie's man's only promise

~All quotes by Leo Buscaglia

Re: Healing Through Tears/Crying

Crying is cathartic. I'm brought to tears by many things as my hubby says I'm so empathetic. Watching a TV show where there is injustice, feeling sorrow for other's pain, children or animals hurting and also when I am hurt (intentionally or unintentionally).

Quote Originally Posted by Rosie Sanchez View Post
    Crying is cathartic. I'm brought to tears by many things as my hubby says I'm so empathetic. Watching a TV show where there is injustice, feeling sorrow for other's pain, children or animals hurting and also when I am hurt (intentionally or unintentionally).
    I'm SO the same in my reactions, Rosie.

I know a lot of people have been raised by parents who have said "Don't cry"...or..."Don't cry, or I'll give you something to cry about!".

Why is it, though, that it's okay to express anger but not to cry? For me, I would much rather prefer a good cry than express anger, which means the person will most likely express anger in return. It then turns into a vicious circle and the day is usually downhill from there, or maybe more than a day.

I will post another thread about "Can Anger Be Expressed in a Kind, Loving Way?"
    Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.

True love is wanting to give to another person without any thought about
    who’s getting the better of the deal.

Love always creates, it never destroys. In this lie's man's only promise

~All quotes by Leo Buscaglia

Quote Originally Posted by Luba View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosie Sanchez View Post
    I'm SO the same in my reactions, Rosie.

I know a lot of people have been raised by parents who have said "Don't cry"...or..."Don't cry, or I'll give you something to cry about!".

Why is it, though, that it's okay to express anger but not to cry? For me, I would much rather prefer a good cry than express anger, which means the person will most likely express anger in return. It then turns into a vicious circle and the day is usually downhill from there, or maybe more than a day.

I will post another thread about "Can Anger Be Expressed in a Kind, Loving Way?"
    It is dangerous to keep anger suppressed and I see no problem with people who cry, male or female, as it shows that they care, not just for themselves but for others too.

Thread Information