Can Anger Be Expressed in a Kind, Loving Way?

I think it can if anger isn't swiftly shown or worded, even taking moments to cool off.

Thoughts?
    Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.

True love is wanting to give to another person without any thought about
    who’s getting the better of the deal.

Love always creates, it never destroys. In this lie's man's only promise

~All quotes by Leo Buscaglia

Re: Can Anger Be Expressed in a Kind, Loving Way?

It takes a great strength of character to be able to express anger without it becoming a full blown fight involving ego's and the need to have the last word.

I've had to learn to take a step back when confronted with issues created by the children in the past. I've "bit my lip and counted to ten" (old school but worth doing) before passing judgement and it has resulted in my giving a better response than the kneejerk one created by an angry moment.

It's absolutely not easy to do and I have failed many times but for those successful moments it has resulted in an ease of tension quicker and a 'fair' response given and, ultimately, less resentment of the youngsters. "It's not fair", "You don't listen", "It wasn't me" (sound familiar lol)

Re: Can Anger Be Expressed in a Kind, Loving Way?

Quote Originally Posted by Rosie Sanchez View Post
    It takes a great strength of character to be able to express anger without it becoming a full blown fight involving ego's and the need to have the last word.

I've had to learn to take a step back when confronted with issues created by the children in the past. I've "bit my lip and counted to ten" (old school but worth doing) before passing judgement and it has resulted in my giving a better response than the kneejerk one created by an angry moment.

It's absolutely not easy to do and I have failed many times but for those successful moments it has resulted in an ease of tension quicker and a 'fair' response given and, ultimately, less resentment of the youngsters. "It's not fair", "You don't listen", "It wasn't me" (sound familiar lol)
    I love your reply, Rosie, as I, too, believe it takes a strong character with non-confrontational ways as well, to express anger in a healthy way.

As I work through my anxiety, blood pressure issues the words from my doctor keep returning "It's okay to be angry" after she asked to hear my life story. Since her words keep returning at odd times when I seem to feel at peace, there HAS to be some message there that I REALLY need to look at. Now I'm trying to find a way to deal with the anger as well as not elevating my BP at the same time. Is that even possible?
    Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.

True love is wanting to give to another person without any thought about
    who’s getting the better of the deal.

Love always creates, it never destroys. In this lie's man's only promise

~All quotes by Leo Buscaglia

Thread Information