Thread: Changes Coming

Changes Coming

It's been a while since I've been active around here and with good reason. I'm currently involved in a few critical projects that monopolize my time and will continue to do so indefinitely.

Now and then I receive decent offers to sell Lifesupporters.com but to date the ridiculous sum I'm asking has not been met (although one has come close).

After nearly a year of careful deliberation I've decided to keep Lifesupporters for at least another few years but it can't be in it's current form.

For this reason I've begun working on restoring the Blog but on a new platform and entirely new aesthetic.

The forum will be brought inline with this new look however the software will likely remain very much the same as it is currently (haven't fully decided on this point yet).

Our new look was proposed in 2012 and I think it still holds up visually while enhancing overall user experience:

The new aesthetic will hopefully once and for all clearly state our purpose as a "Peer Support" Community. At this time I've not yet determined how the support system will work but rest assured we're moving in the direction we were initially set to and that was Peer Support via group (Peers).

No longer will it be one or two people selflessly donating all their time to "hit and run" help me posters who have no interest in even updating status after receiving support.

There will also be a complete overhaul to how new posts are handled particularly with spammers.

Spammers will no longer be given the benefit of the doubt. If you come here to peddle your warez you will be banned both immediately and permanently and have your userdata shared with Akismet, StopForumSpam and Project Honeypot.

Being banned from here WILL affect your ability to spam elsewhere so think carefully before you shamelessly market yourself.

I have not yet decided on Facebook but there will be Twitter integration. The reason for is Tweets are made under the guise of Lifesupporters so your privacy is still very much protected.

The reason for is to attract a wider audience of people looking for Peer Support which is in our collective best interests.

As more develops I'll be sure to update this topic.
    My Daughter Rules!

Band of Others: Are you a Gamer looking for a home, look no more bro!

Ofear.com: Confronting fears, phobias, and panic attacks, in a friendly online community.

Movie Talk: Like discussing movies, tv and streaming media, well so do we.

Re: Changes Coming

Looking forward to seeing the changes and moving forward.

I received a "Happy Birthday" wish from Lifesupporters this morning so checked in to see what is happening here to find this new update from Duke. Now that I know you aren't selling it for a few years, perhaps my decision to leave may need another re-think?

Duke, you know I try to be supportive as much as possible, but, as you know, I kind of wore myself out trying too hard here to hope that members will post. I'm re-thinking that, too, and maybe just need a 'calmer' approach.

I realize, in this moment, just how happy I've been here, right to the point of tears. I see now, the feelings that are rising up within, how much I've missed it! That being said, I don't know how much time I will devote here, but first, I do know, I have to find a way to just not allow myself to have a longing feeling for members to post. It's not the way it IS, or has been, and one would think I would have come to that conclusion years ago and not be bothered so much by it! I know that feeling comes with the fact that I KNOW how hard you worked to make this a Wonderful, Helping website, Duke, and wanted to support your vision. Sometimes, no matter how hard we try, things don't go our way and the main thing is, for me, is that I can only control myself and believe that those that have honestly sought help here have either gotten it, or are still suffering. Who knows?

I hope to check in and see the changes, Duke, and you are a true Inspiration for not giving up as I shamefully admit, I kind of had...or thought I did. Taking some time away did help me though as I needed the rest to revamp my thinking as checking in today is helping with that!
    Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.

True love is wanting to give to another person without any thought about
    who’s getting the better of the deal.

Love always creates, it never destroys. In this lie's man's only promise

~All quotes by Leo Buscaglia

I think what we need to do around here is simply respond to what is being posted and that's it. If people want more then they'll commit to actually engaging in their own topics, if not it's monopolized none of our time.

As I stated previously I'm not really in a position where I'm ready to sell so I've got to breath some life into this place but not allow it to be as draining as it is currently on the committed few that return regularly.
    My Daughter Rules!

Ofear.com: Confronting fears, phobias, and panic attacks, in a friendly online community.

Lately I've gotten into the habit of allowing Membership access to the Aesthetic Development process. I found it very helpful at BandofOthers as Members were quick to point out issues unnoticed during the theming process.

For those interested you can see this theme develop by selecting LS-2016 in the theme dropdown menu at the lower left of each page.

Please note that I'm currently in the early stages of the new look so there is a lot of work yet left to do.

...having said that I think it looks better already lol.
    My Daughter Rules!

Checked it out and will continue to do so as you make the changes, Duke!

Somehow your new refreshing attitude here is instilling a new refreshed attitude in me, too!
    Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.

True love is wanting to give to another person without any thought about
    who’s getting the better of the deal.

Love always creates, it never destroys. In this lie's man's only promise

~All quotes by Leo Buscaglia

New theme is now the default with all user selected themes overridden. My apologies for those of you who this may inconvenience but it's imperative I force everyone onto one Theme as all others will be deprecated and removed.

There is still a very long way to go but this version of the theme will no longer see any of that work. Instead I'll be creating a v1 as a test bed. Anything that can be used in v1 will be added to this version else it will stand alone in what will eventually be considered the final build.

Should you experience any issues please post them here with as much specificity as possible such as:
    • Web Browser used and Browser Version
    • Page visited, post page url if possible
    • A brief description of what you were trying to do at the time
    • Any error messages received

Thank you for your continued support.
    My Daughter Rules!

Thread Information