Pandemonium Day - July 14th

I just HAD to post this for all of us to throw organization (I don't have much) out the window and just create some pandemonium.

https://www.daysoftheyear.com/days/pandemonium-day/

[quote]All hail the forces of chaos! Let the desk be unorganized, turn off the alarms and let the laundry go unwashed! Throw out your itinerary and pursue the day with wild abandon!

Pandemonium Day tells you it’s alright to be wild, to be crazy, to get out there and tear up the world.
    Sure, obey the law, don’t mess with someone else’s life, but don’t think that anyone has the right to tell you who you are or how to celebrate your own uniqueness. Get out there and follow your impulses, engage your inner child who didn’t know what ‘appropriate’ meant, and run through the fields with your heart wild and free. Indulge in the very essence of Pandemonium!

How to Celebrate Pandemonium Day
    Two Words: Free Yourself. Free Yourself from preconceptions, free yourself from expectations, free yourself from ‘have to’ and ‘should’, let yourself be free. Life was meant to be lived full of joy and exploring our personal uniqueness, not coddled into a three-piece suit and living out every day according to someone else’s pre-determined plan. While order has its place, it is not the foundation of a life fully lived. Chase the horizon, play in the mud with the frogs, run through a gathering of pigeons, and climb the nearest tree. Pandemonium Day should be lived like it’s your last day on Earth, get out there!
    Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.

True love is wanting to give to another person without any thought about
    who’s getting the better of the deal.

Love always creates, it never destroys. In this lie's man's only promise

~All quotes by Leo Buscaglia

Re: Pandemonium Day - July 14th

It is probably no coincidence that Pandemonium Day is on the French National Day (14th of July)
    The butterfly counts not months but moments, and has time enough. - Rabindranath Tagore

Keep true to the dreams of your youth. - Friedrich Schiller

The only philosophy which can be responsibly practised in face of despair is the attempt to contemplate all things as they would present themselves from the standpoint of redemption. - Theodor Adorno

The only Pandemonium i have seen is this craze involving Pokemon and everyone trying to catch them on their hones.

I see groups of people walking around everywhere and even as late as 10.30pm last night when i was driving home. It's amazing and i assume it is happening world wide??

Quote Originally Posted by Snooks View Post
    The only Pandemonium i have seen is this craze involving Pokemon and everyone trying to catch them on their hones.

I see groups of people walking around everywhere and even as late as 10.30pm last night when i was driving home. It's amazing and i assume it is happening world wide??
    It IS here in Canada. People not watching where they are going and walking into things and getting hurt, too.

Actually not many people celebrating Pandemonium Day here so I decided to have a delicious long nap instead. Maybe today....as I usually carry celebrations as long as possible!
    Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.

Pokemon Go is all the rage at the moment. So, people are able to do all kinds of stupid things in an attempt to play the game.
    The butterfly counts not months but moments, and has time enough. - Rabindranath Tagore

Keep true to the dreams of your youth. - Friedrich Schiller

The only philosophy which can be responsibly practised in face of despair is the attempt to contemplate all things as they would present themselves from the standpoint of redemption. - Theodor Adorno

Quote Originally Posted by Vautrin View Post
    Pokemon Go is all the rage at the moment. So, people are able to do all kinds of stupid things in an attempt to play the game.
    It's creating some accidents especially seeing on the News that people are playing it while crossing the street and not watching traffic.

I am astounded at how some people are so obsessed with this Pokemon game! I've watched young kids nearly head in front of cars because they're just not watching where they are heading on their bikes

Thread Information