What is the one thing you wish you could change about yourself?

If you could change just one thing about yourself what would it be and why?

Assuming this change could probably help you what is it that's stopping you from changing?

Please share.
    My Daughter Rules!

Band of Others: Are you a Gamer looking for a home, look no more bro!

Ofear.com: Confronting fears, phobias, and panic attacks, in a friendly online community.

Movie Talk: Like discussing movies, tv and streaming media, well so do we.

Re: What is the one thing you wish you could change about yourself?

I procrastinate to the point that it dissapoints me greatly. Putting things off and just thinking and re-thinking just complicates things

I really am going to have to look closely at myself and work out how to stop this happening. I may try looking at this tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by Snooks View Post
    I procrastinate to the point that it dissapoints me greatly. Putting things off and just thinking and re-thinking just complicates things

I really am going to have to look closely at myself and work out how to stop this happening. I may try looking at this tomorrow
    Oh my gosh, but how that made me laugh; LOVE your sense of humour, Snooks!
    Last edited by Luba; 07-24-2016 at 01:39 PM.
    Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.

True love is wanting to give to another person without any thought about
    who’s getting the better of the deal.

Love always creates, it never destroys. In this lie's man's only promise

~All quotes by Leo Buscaglia

Love that Snooks ..... why put off today what you can put off tomorrow

I'd love to be able to just magically master the language I'm learning. I can pick up a software programme and run with it quickly, I can master a new recipe and even improve on it, I can design a new outfit almost with my eyes shut (although it might come out a bit wonky).

Learning Dutch............ well......... there is a big reason why it's called "Double Dutch". Somehow my filter for absorbing this language and retaining it has been set to "does not compute"

Dutch can be hard to learn for outsiders. Are you struggling with speaking or writing Rosie?
    The butterfly counts not months but moments, and has time enough. - Rabindranath Tagore

Keep true to the dreams of your youth. - Friedrich Schiller

The only philosophy which can be responsibly practised in face of despair is the attempt to contemplate all things as they would present themselves from the standpoint of redemption. - Theodor Adorno

Quote Originally Posted by Vautrin View Post
    Dutch can be hard to learn for outsiders. Are you struggling with speaking or writing Rosie?
    I'm ok writing ROSIE ...... I can also speak it ...... ROOOSIEE .... see

I'm busy learning the "regels" on how to structure a sentence by going back to the basics I've missed.

Holidays coming up soon so a few weeks to focus without being distracted. I can read it quite well and understand when someone is speaking to me. I just have to expand my vocabulary to answer in a coherent form

Hi guys. Long time no "see". Doing my once in a few months, years, post. Ha Ha.

I delay doing anything new. I will buy or get all the stuff needed to do it and then let it all sit until I somehow decide it is time to try. I know if I would just do it I could do fine but it is like I am waiting to become an expert or something by reading or You Tubing as much as I can first before I do it. I am trying to just do what ever it is when I get the stuff and I am getting better, somewhat.
    The brain is a wonderful organ; it starts working the moment you get up in the morning, and does not stop until you get to the office. (Robert Frost)

Quote Originally Posted by TKDLady View Post
    Hi guys. Long time no "see". Doing my once in a few months, years, post. Ha Ha.

I delay doing anything new. I will buy or get all the stuff needed to do it and then let it all sit until I somehow decide it is time to try. I know if I would just do it I could do fine but it is like I am waiting to become an expert or something by reading or You Tubing as much as I can first before I do it. I am trying to just do what ever it is when I get the stuff and I am getting better, somewhat.
    A BIG hello to you TKDLady! I have some of that, too! My day starts out with SUCH great intentions of doing SO much even if for a short time (I have many interests) and then, by nightfall, wonder what the heck happened as very little of the things I wanted to have fun with never got done. Someone should invent a much-longer day and I sure have been trying to come up with a way. I'm trying for less sleep then I read a book that says just how much sleep we all need to re-energize ourselves and I'm back to square one!
    Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.

True love is wanting to give to another person without any thought about
    who’s getting the better of the deal.

Love always creates, it never destroys. In this lie's man's only promise

~All quotes by Leo Buscaglia

The one trait I wish I could change is my inability to exercise patience in dealing with people who ask you to figure things out for them.

This is not to be confused with offering insight when people need help, I actually enjoy doing that.

I believe in order to truly help someone they must do at least some of the work to be invested in the outcome. These days it seems easier for people to literally ask for someone else to figure things out for them and that bothers me to no end.

It's actually one of the reasons we're changing format around here. I don't think it's fair for a handful of people to donate countless hours responding to people who are not invested in effecting real change in their lives.
    My Daughter Rules!

Band of Others: Are you a Gamer looking for a home, look no more bro!

Ofear.com: Confronting fears, phobias, and panic attacks, in a friendly online community.

Movie Talk: Like discussing movies, tv and streaming media, well so do we.

Thread Information