Community Software Bug Reports

Hello all,

As you may have noticed, things look a little off around here. The reason is we're on a major version upgrade of the previous Community Software.

Unfortunately very little of the previous site was usable in this newer version so it leaves us starting primarily from scratch.

For this reason, you'll notice a lot of broken links, missing images and all kinds of other issues I've yet to be made aware of. At this time there's a plethora of known issues I'll be tackling shortly:

Known Issues:
    • Broken images such as smilies, forum icons and avatars
    • Incomplete theme
    • Incomplete forum navigation

Should you encounter any issues not listed above in the "Known Issues" list please do not hesitate to post them here with as much information as possible such as:
    • link/page you were browsing
    • exact error message (assuming one was given)
    • Web Browser and Browser version
    • If you are on Mobile please indicate so

Thank you all for your patience through this transitional period and continued support!
    My Daughter Rules!

Band of Others: Are you a Gamer looking for a home, look no more bro!

Ofear.com: Confronting fears, phobias, and panic attacks, in a friendly online community.

Movie Talk: Like discussing movies, tv and streaming media, well so do we.

Re: Community Software Bug Reports

Logging in and required to enter email and password, on 3 occasions the following error came up. I have re-entered the information and was admitted with no issues.

I first noticed this yesterday and assumed i had entered the incorrect details. I know for sure that it is now some sort of bug
    Attached Images Attached Images

Do you have the exact link you're trying to use?
    My Daughter Rules!

Ofear.com: Confronting fears, phobias, and panic attacks, in a friendly online community.

Quote Originally Posted by Snooks View Post
    Logging in and required to enter email and password, on 3 occasions the following error came up. I have re-entered the information and was admitted with no issues.

I first noticed this yesterday and assumed i had entered the incorrect details. I know for sure that it is now some sort of bug
    This is one of my alternate accounts Snooks and I've encountered no issues here either.

If you think it's some sort of bug I'm going to need from you the exact steps you're taking with links to each page you're visiting.

So far I've not been able to replicate any login issues.

I simply came to the forum as ormal but due to clearing cookies, i had to login. Eneterd name in box and typed in password and it happened.

The last 2-3 times i was auto logged in but i will manually login in the fuure and see if it happens again. Will advise

I think I know what you're issue may be and it has everything to do with bad timing and how your cookies are stored locally. Over the past few days I've been messing with SEO url re-writes via .htaccess and my guess is that it's messed with everyone's cookies.

Logging out and logging back in once should be enough to clear any issues you have with the site and prevent issues from occurring in the future.

As it stands I'm confident in saying it's not the site, it's a combination of the work I've been doing to get us to this point and what it's done to the cookies stored on computers of those visiting while the work was being done.
    My Daughter Rules!

We can keep checking but what you said makes sense. Good stuff

It happened again Duke.

Loaded the site, had to log in, entered user name and the password and the same error code came up.

I enetered the name again and this time the password came up automatically and access was granted automatically.

Gotta dash as heading to a job

You gotta give me more Snooks because I can't replicate your issue over multiple accounts.

• Are you copy/pasting your Username/Password?
    • What is the exact url you start at and what is the url of whatever error page you end up on?
    • What Browser are you using?
    • What Browser Version are you running?
    • Are you logging out when you leave the site daily or do you remain logged in and simply close the Browser?
    • Do you select "Remember Me"?

In other words, what are the exact steps you are taking to get to the error you're receiving?

In order for me to have a chance of fixing this I need every single step and every single step in detail. I cannot fix something if I cannot re-create the exact error you are experiencing.
    My Daughter Rules!

OK as as a test I cleared the Cookie Domain which means everyone's local files will be affected.

If you experience problems then you will need to logout of the forum via the "Logout" Option.

Please ensure you don't re-login on that page, instead go to the forum index and try logging in again.
    My Daughter Rules!

Alright Snooks I found the issue and it's so painfully ridiculous I can't believe vBulletin allows it to happen.

You're trying to login under www.lifesupporters.com however we don't use www in our url's. Instead we use lifesupporters.com without the www.

This replicates your issue perfectly so do me a favor and login via http://lifesupporters.com/forums and see if the error persists.
    My Daughter Rules!

It happened again this morning. Using FF latest verwion on WIN 10. I type in Lifes and it comes up in the browser bar before i even get the word finished. I push enter and i have to log in so where it has the NAME Box i type Snooks and in the Passwrod Box i enter the password. The same error comes up. I hit enter and then it seems to reload and then i type Snooks the password comes up automatically and changes to the forum screen. I'm at my PT Job now, just came here and had to type and search for the site. Clicked and up came the screen, chose forum and then did the login and same thing, same error. I pushed enter, it reloaded and gave me access. This is on Explorer 10 or 11 on a WIN 7 machine. I dont know if this helps and i also dont know why its only happening to me. Will chat later

You need to stop visiting via www Snooks, that's the issue.

If you come here via lifesupporters.com/forums then you won't have any problems.

I'm trying to fix this glitch via .htaccess but I have so many rules in place it's proving too difficult to do right now. It's something I'll deal with once the site usability and aesthetic more buttoned up.
    My Daughter Rules!

Thread Information