What is your worst quality?

Just about everyone has at least one quality they do not like about themselves but for whatever reason are not able to change it.

What is your worst quality and why?
    My Daughter Rules!

Band of Others: Are you a Gamer looking for a home, look no more bro!

Ofear.com: Confronting fears, phobias, and panic attacks, in a friendly online community.

Movie Talk: Like discussing movies, tv and streaming media, well so do we.

Re: What is your worst quality?

Self pity...............

I try so hard to avoid it and God knows I have so much in my like to be thankful for, but i ponder, worry and almost replay "my failures" when they are behind me, they are over and done with and i should move on.

It's something i hate, but i just cant stop doing it.

Does any one else have this issue?

Quote Originally Posted by Snooks View Post
    Self pity...............

I try so hard to avoid it and God knows I have so much in my like to be thankful for, but i ponder, worry and almost replay "my failures" when they are behind me, they are over and done with and i should move on.

It's something i hate, but i just cant stop doing it.

Does any one else have this issue?
    Snooks, I used to have this issue big time and now recognize it faster when it's happening. IMHO, I think that is the KEY to stopping it! As soon as I realize, for instance, regret comes up, I immediately put in something that I'm grateful for even if it's something very, very small that I lay my eyes on in that moment. Once catching it like that, bigger and bigger gratitude thoughts arise, and before I know it, I'm feeling pretty good and peaceful, too!

------------------------

A quality I have and have worked on it for a long-time is realizing that most of my life I have 'passed the buck' and I know exactly where it started. My beloved Mom did almost EVERYTHING for me from the first I can remember because I was such a sickly child. If I asked to try anything or do anything, she would tell me it would probably make me sick, or at times, even implied it without so many words. I really can't blame her as she told me once that I almost died when I was three years old, and she prayed her heart out that I would be spared to live. So once I lived, she did everything she could to keep it that way even to doing everything for me. That being said, I subconsciously knew then, that I didn't have to try very hard at ANYTHING resulting in always trying to get over that though I didn't really work very hard at it. She wasn't the only one in my family that I was getting these implied messages from so, for a long time, I thought I was a loser.
    That being said, I gave up feeling like I was a dumb loser a long time ago but have had to put myself in the moment if I needed to learn something new. Studying positive people and reading positive books, plus the fact that I love to laugh at myself or funny stuff, is really, really helping to overcome that quality.
    Last edited by Luba; 07-30-2016 at 05:11 PM.
    Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.

True love is wanting to give to another person without any thought about
    who’s getting the better of the deal.

Love always creates, it never destroys. In this lie's man's only promise

~All quotes by Leo Buscaglia

I hate that I give in too easily. I find it so hard to see others struggling, even if I know they've caused it themselves, specifically if it comes to seeing someone go hungry because of their stupid actions.

I think my worst quality is how inconsistent I am when it comes to the sharing of ideas. What makes it even worse is I sometimes get impatient with those who can't understand the message I'm sending.

It's something I've been working on but as I age I find the impatience aspect of it only gets worse no matter how hard I try to suppress it.
    My Daughter Rules!

Band of Others: Are you a Gamer looking for a home, look no more bro!

Ofear.com: Confronting fears, phobias, and panic attacks, in a friendly online community.

Movie Talk: Like discussing movies, tv and streaming media, well so do we.

My temper. I am pretty balanced most of the time, but when I get angry, I am really angry.
    The butterfly counts not months but moments, and has time enough. - Rabindranath Tagore

Keep true to the dreams of your youth. - Friedrich Schiller

The only philosophy which can be responsibly practised in face of despair is the attempt to contemplate all things as they would present themselves from the standpoint of redemption. - Theodor Adorno

lack of self-confidence.
    can't even park the car between two cars even i have watched dozen of videos and have formal driving lessons. can't swim where i cannot touch the ground even though i have formal swimming lessons and can do freestyle, breast stroke, back stroke and floating on my back or tummy. can't discuss a thing in front of a class but i can write manuals and essays about anything i am interested in.

Perhaps a lame one, but.. too empathetic, or not always willing to stand up for my point of view because I try too hard to see it from others.

As an example, a friend of mine got ripped on by some bouncers and was complaining to me, and I said to him "They're just doing their jobs, look at it from their point of view". He got jokingly mad and was saying "You never take your friends side, you always take the other people's". I realized he was right. Walked away yelling at the bouncers with him.

I realized that night I have a right to my point of view on a situation, and just cause someone else has a different vantage point doesn't nullify mine (or my friends). Ever since that day I've made a concerted effort to not over-empathize, especially when it's not even needed. Seems to get easier as I get older, at least.

Thread Information