August 2016 is Romance Awareness Month

It seems we all have a choice to not only be happy in this month, but it is also Romance month. According to 'days of the year'.

https://www.daysoftheyear.com/days/r...areness-month/ lists ten things you can do to have a romance filled month. Wouldn't it be a wonderful start to continue that through each month of the year?

Romance, to me in my marriage, is daily laughter shared. Your thoughts on Romance?
    Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.

True love is wanting to give to another person without any thought about
    who’s getting the better of the deal.

Love always creates, it never destroys. In this lie's man's only promise

~All quotes by Leo Buscaglia

Re: August 2016 is Romance Awareness Month

My idea of Romance is creating magic! Here are ten ways to create magic is your relationship.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/emotional-fitness/201010/10-ways-make-your-relationship-magically-romantic

1. Breakfast and/or coffee in bed.
    2.10 second hug and kiss after the workday.
    3. Plan a romantic rendezvous during the week.
    4. 100% of your attention when they want to talk to you.
    5. Tell your partner how great he/she looks.
    6. Say "I Love you" when you leave the house.
    7. When shopping, buy your partner something she/he likes like a favourite food. My husband always does this on every trip, and it doesn't have to be expensive.
    8. If your partner had a rough day, cook one of his/hers favourite meals or take them out for dinner.
    9.Do a little getaway.
    10. For a passionate evening buy some roses and pull the petals off leading to the bedroom.
    From doing some or all of these romantic moments, you will both treasure them forever and make an even stronger relationship.
    Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNZH-emehxA

With love and gratitude to my husband; our Romantic song.

What's yours?

Aw Luba ....you mentioned romance and I thought you were hinting at me lol I envy Walter and I hope he spoils you rotten and one day I really am going to have to taste his great cooking that you always tell me about. The show snovelling, I think I can skip that bit

But i am just as lucky, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5TotwIOi8js Anne Murray singing "Can I Have This Dance" was my Wedding Waltz and 34 or so years later i still love the song and have great memories.

Bonnie could not be a better, more loving and supportive wife and if i was given 1 cent for each time she smiles, by now i would be a Billionaire I could not imagine ever being maried to someone else.

Awwww, Snooks, what a lovely reply! I'm reading it quite early this morning and it's melting my heart as I can FEEL the Love you have for your Beautiful wife! Isn't it Wonderful to be in glorious love all this years, just growing stronger each day!

For me, one of my favourite times is when my husband and I watch television together. No matter how interesting the show is, I LOVE to turn and just look at him when he doesn't realize I'm doing it. It's even Wonderful to see him in profile and how peaceful or how much he is enjoying the show. My heart leaps quietly at the love in my heart for him and it's been known, for me, to be difficult to get back to the show as I love to stay with that feeling.

The importance of Romance in a relationship:

Romance has got to be one of the most fun and least executed activities in many relationships. With all the distractions we have in our busy lives, it seems many couples never find the time to be romantic, and that can lead to love’s demise.
    Romance is about getting closer, and there is a big difference between sex and romance. In most relationships, if you want the former to be great, you have to fully engage in the latter.
    Romance needs to be a constant in your universe. Being romantic is not much work, and savoring romantic moments will actually strengthen your bond.
    Most people don't try romantic activities because they simply don't know how. Here’s a hint: there are no secrets to romance. Most of the time, everything we need to know is right under our noses. Anyone who has ever watched a romantic movie knows enough to get the ball rolling.
    Through a little trial and error and lots of conversation, the two of you can create the kind of romance that would put Romeo and Juliet to shame. In many cases, all it takes is some encouragement to take a risk and a little appreciation for your partner's efforts (even if they fall a little short). Romance, like life, is seldom perfect, but it can be fulfilling no matter how it differs from what you've seen on the silver screen.
    The real truth is that romance needs to be a normal part of your lives, and though it's not possible to live life like a Victorian novel, you can have a pretty hot twenty-first century relationship. One of the tricks is to take advantage of any opportunity to learn more about romance and, most importantly, what it is that your partner perceives as romantic.
    There are some wonderful books on romance, like Laura Corn's "101 Nights of Grrreat Romance," which has separate sections for his eyes only and for her eyes only. There's also "1001 Ways to Be Romantic" by Greg Godek, which has lots of little things you can do to make your partner feel wonderful and be inspired to return the favor.
    Getting tips from a book is good, but having a loving conversation with your mate about what it is that turns him or her on is really the best way to make your relationship romantically enduring.
    What works for you may or may not work for the one you love. Remember, it's a gift of trust when your partner takes the risk of revealing his or her preferences to you. You may be surprised at how easy it is to create more sizzle and less static with a simple gesture or action.
    Real-life romance is something I encourage you to engage in every day. Just give it a try. Many times it's all about the little things and just going with your heart. Trust that your desire to create romance is enough to get things started, and give it your own spin. The results will have you making your friends very jealous.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog...rtance-romance

Each of the following gives further explanations by clicking on the link below.

1. Take advantage of the new technology by sending texts or e-cards.
    2. Hold hands and give quick kisses often.
    3. Date often.
    4. Write old fashioned love letters.
    5. Praise and Thank You.
    6. Think about what he/she 'does', not 'doesn't do'.
    7. Learn something new together.
    8. Make love often and with passion
    9. Strengthen your art of conversation.
    10. Be a good listener.
    11.Take care of your mind, body and spirit.

http://www.wikihow.com/Keep-the-Romance-in-Your-Relationship

Do you do a couple, some, or all of them?

I do a couple but like most people, i guess i could do more. I think you do tend to get complacent and I must make a point of working harder, because as well know, marriage and love is something that you do need to work at. Not so much to get...... but to keep, to maintain and most of all, to enjoy

Thread Information