Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: My Brain Hurts Brian :-)

OOh Vautrin, Love them..... especially that wonderful Yellow headpiece.

Dear Luba
    Thank you for your lovely support. I shall take advantage of my free day once this next week is over. I've a few hobbies I need to get back into and this should allow me the time.

Health first and the rest will follow.

Yeah, Health first and the rest will follow. Absolutely true, and yet sadly so often forgotten these days. I don't think people in general relax enough, or spend enough time on their hobbies and interests.

The appointment is less than a week away. Hope there won't be more delays / cancellations / rescheduling, and that the doctor is willing to give an informal diagnosis / first impressions based on the scan. Because then you know what you're dealing with. Sometimes not knowing what is going on is far scarier than knowing, even if the knowing is about not-the-greatest-news.
    The butterfly counts not months but moments, and has time enough. - Rabindranath Tagore

Keep true to the dreams of your youth. - Friedrich Schiller

The only philosophy which can be responsibly practised in face of despair is the attempt to contemplate all things as they would present themselves from the standpoint of redemption. - Theodor Adorno

Quote Originally Posted by Vautrin View Post
    Yeah, Health first and the rest will follow. Absolutely true, and yet sadly so often forgotten these days. I don't think people in general relax enough, or spend enough time on their hobbies and interests.
    SO true! I need a 48 hour day to do all my hobbies and interests as I get so involved with most of them that, before I know it, a couple of hours have passed! Maybe I need to set up an alarm? Just thought of that..
    Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.

True love is wanting to give to another person without any thought about
    who’s getting the better of the deal.

Love always creates, it never destroys. In this lie's man's only promise

~All quotes by Leo Buscaglia

Quote Originally Posted by Rosie Sanchez View Post
    Dear Luba
    Thank you for your lovely support. I shall take advantage of my free day once this next week is over. I've a few hobbies I need to get back into and this should allow me the time.

Health first and the rest will follow.
    It's an honour to have 'met' you, Rosie!

I firmly believe hobbies are more important than dusting...in case someone visits and does the 'white glove test'.
    Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.

How are you doing, Rosie; thinking of you!

Quote Originally Posted by Luba View Post
    SO true! I need a 48 hour day to do all my hobbies and interests as I get so involved with most of them that, before I know it, a couple of hours have passed! Maybe I need to set up an alarm? Just thought of that..
    Same here, Luba. Often times I just opt out of doing anything that's my hobby just because I know it'll take hours to really get into it. Which is pretty bad. The alarm idea might not be a bad idea at all.

Quote Originally Posted by DanielC View Post
    Same here, Luba. Often times I just opt out of doing anything that's my hobby just because I know it'll take hours to really get into it. Which is pretty bad. The alarm idea might not be a bad idea at all.
    Thank you for your reply, DanielC. I still haven't tried the alarm idea though.

Hello my lovelies, did you miss me? I missed me

I had to take a step back as things began to overwhelm me. A quick update as I want to browse the site, I have had good news, Epilepsy has been put on the backburner for now, but not discounted, and I am waiting for an intake appointment for Conversion Disorder/PNES treatment (laymans terms : pseudo epilepsy which is not controlled by meds or by myself)

It will be interesting to see how things go but for now I deal with one minute/hour/day at a time - like I've told others - this is not life threatening but life changing.

Will visit again soon for another update but for now - enjoy the Summer dearies.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosie Sanchez View Post
    Hello my lovelies, did you miss me? I missed me
    ABSOLUTELY!

I had to take a step back as things began to overwhelm me. A quick update as I want to browse the site, I have had good news, Epilepsy has been put on the backburner for now, but not discounted, and I am waiting for an intake appointment for Conversion Disorder/PNES treatment (laymans terms : pseudo epilepsy which is not controlled by meds or by myself)

It will be interesting to see how things go but for now I deal with one minute/hour/day at a time - like I've told others - this is not life threatening but life changing.

Will visit again soon for another update but for now - enjoy the Summer dearies.
    Rosie, you are a very inspiring person and will do whatever it takes!

I missed me too. Oh wait, I am me I missed you too Rosie.

Glad to hear that some progress has been made, and that you're wresting back control over your life.

Signed, the other me.
    The butterfly counts not months but moments, and has time enough. - Rabindranath Tagore

Keep true to the dreams of your youth. - Friedrich Schiller

The only philosophy which can be responsibly practised in face of despair is the attempt to contemplate all things as they would present themselves from the standpoint of redemption. - Theodor Adorno

Thread Information