So Iraq DID have WMD????

Looting at Weapons Plants Was Systematic, Iraqi Says
    NYT
    By JAMES GLANZ and WILLIAM J. BROAD
    Published: March 13, 2005

BAGHDAD, Iraq, March 12 - In the weeks after Baghdad fell in April 2003, looters systematically dismantled and removed tons of machinery from Saddam Hussein's most important weapons installations, including some with high-precision equipment capable of making parts for nuclear arms, a senior Iraqi official said this week in the government's first extensive comments on the looting.

The Iraqi official, Sami al-Araji, the deputy minister of industry, said it appeared that a highly organized operation had pinpointed specific plants in search of valuable equipment, some of which could be used for both military and civilian applications, and carted the machinery away.

Dr. Araji said his account was based largely on observations by government employees and officials who either worked at the sites or lived near them.

"They came in with the cranes and the lorries, and they depleted the whole sites," Dr. Araji said. "They knew what they were doing; they knew what they want. This was sophisticated looting."

The threat posed by these types of facilities was cited by the Bush administration as a reason for invading Iraq, but the installations were left largely unguarded by allied forces in the chaotic months after the invasion.

Dr. Araji said equipment capable of making parts for missiles as well as chemical, biological and nuclear arms was missing from 8 or 10 sites that were the heart of Iraq's dormant program on unconventional weapons.

Dr. Araji's statements came just a week after a United Nations agency disclosed that approximately 90 important sites in Iraq had been looted or razed in that period.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Hmmm....I wonder what the world's response will be? I sure like that guy in Canada:
    'It is time to set down in type the most difficult sentence in the English language. That sentence is short and simple. It is this: Bush was right." -leftist writer Richard Gwyn of the Toronto Star.

I don't think we'll ever know the entire truth until it's a TLC special or miniseries on the History Channel. Until then we'll only know what the States wants us to know.
    My Daughter Rules!

Band of Others: Are you a Gamer looking for a home, look no more bro!

Ofear.com: Confronting fears, phobias, and panic attacks, in a friendly online community.

Movie Talk: Like discussing movies, tv and streaming media, well so do we.

i think they did, we just gve them enough warnings that they got rid b4 the invasion, also syria ended up with weapons that they couldnt have made, only iraq could have made.

I never doubted it because I know people who were there and actually saw it and and knew it was happening. Unfortunately, like most of the world, Turkey turned into a big chicken sh*t and we couldn't secure the borders fast enough.

European Guest
    Pfft, which country has most WMD in the world? It's like the godfather accusing a thief of breaking the law...

lmao, and very true.

Welcome European!!!
    My Daughter Rules!

Ofear.com: Confronting fears, phobias, and panic attacks, in a friendly online community.

Ahh...but the point is...THERE WERE WMD'S!

I suppose Micheal Moore's next movie is shot to hell now. LOL
    STOP MOUNTAIN TOP REMOVAL

If there were, where are they? Why was there no evidence? Better yet, why is the government now getting lambasted because "the intelligence community was "dead wrong" in its assessments of Iraq's weapons of mass destruction capabilities before the U.S. invasion"?

An October 2002 National Intelligence Estimate warned that Iraq was pursuing weapons of mass destruction, had reconstituted its nuclear weapon program and had biological and chemical weapons.

The Bush administration used those conclusions as part of its argument for the March 2003 invasion of Iraq.

But the Iraq Survey Group -- set up to look for weapons of mass destruction or evidence of them in the country -- issued a final report saying it saw no weapons or no evidence that Iraq was trying to reconstitute them.

http://www.cnn.com/2005/POLITICS/03/...ort/index.html
    Hmmm, very interesting. Houston, we have a problem. :?

(edited to remove unneeded emphasis.)

That isnt true exactly, syria ended up with a lot of bio weapons that they didnt have the capability to produce. More then likely saddam handed weapons to syria so that they wouldnt be found in iraq.

Regardless, he used bioweapons and recieved no punishment under clinton.

More then likely perhaps, but there is no evidence for this theory.

Yes he did use bioweapons, he should have been punished at that time. But regardless, bad intelligence and assumptions are no reason to make up a story and to invade a country. IMO the public has bought Bush's little misdirection tatic blindly and it honestly stuns me as to why.

There is evidence, it has just been buried by the media who want to slam bush.

DA, why has Bush not shown a single shred of evidence in the first place of WMD in Iraq? It would have given his case so much more credibility.

The same can be said of Tony Blair, who managed to make of a thesis on the political situation Iraq, which was almost 2 decades old, as the "newest insights of our intelligence gathering", or words to that effect. The original author recognized the phrases, and shared his story with the media. This cannot be an accident, unless government and intelligence services are really run by ... what kind of people?

And why are there no inspectors in Israel? It has been publicized in 1986 that Israel had a nuclear weapons program. Mordechai Vanunu has been in prison for 18 years, because he gave Western media vital information on Israels nuclear weapons program. This is public knowledge.
    If WMD are so dangerous, should not we at least check Israel?

Even in my country there are nuclear weapons stored. These documents are made available by the American government itself. Our government still denies it, even though American documents prove that American nukes are stored here.

Since the original 2nd Gulf War, the incidence of leukemia in Iraq has increased 100-fold. The cause? Depleted uranium. How did it get there? Probably from American weapons used in that war. Might also be related to the Gulf War Syndrome.
    The victims? The ordinary Iraqi's and the ordinary soldiers in the US army.

This news is so old I can't believe that it's even on air anymore. Maybe I'm the only one who simply doesn't care anymore.
    My Daughter Rules!

Perhaps Duke and you're entitled. I on the other hand care a lot. I definetly recommend seeing 911 - In Plane Sight. I can probably make a torrent file and share it with you if you ever become interested in the subject, or anyone else for that matter. Like the director says in the video, it's not about conspiracy theory, it's just about the video evidence facts, some of which make you go... HMMMMM.

everything in that video has a counter video to prove it false. I have watched hundreds of videos about the "conspiracy" and most have logical explanations, that make a lot more sense.

All Governments mess up something, that's what makes them Governments. It happens to every governing body around the world. If they screw something up and don't want it known, then they simply try to cover it up and hope it goes away.

Now, some people (I am not saying Michael Moore either) get bits and pieces of the truth and patch them together in a way that makes sense to them and others. This is then debated back and forth, issue for issue and the only people that lose out are the victims because their lives have been irreperably altered and the public who watch it on CNN and only get part of a much bigger story.

This is all basically a big political he said she said and you have to be nuts to buy 100% of either side of the story IMO.
    My Daughter Rules!

Thread Information