Ashley Smith's story... moved me to tears

I never believed all these things can happen. That woman was incredible. I keep wondering what I would have told that man if it were me in her place.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/7157845/

I feel so bitter and so cynical..; how could I have lifted that man's hope? I think she is such a good person for not being so judgemental... I could never see before me a man who raped, nevertheless talk, comfort or cook for him. And her faith in God.. so real!!! It was one incredible story!!!

The link didn't work for me :?

What an INCREDIBLE story! I'm so impressed how her faith, love and compassion saved her from this situation. Everyone knows that man had nothing to lose by raping and killing her. It took something special to change his heart.

Thanks so much for sharing that Twinks!!!! It really touched me.

(Stone...try the link again....it's worth the read.)

To me, it showed that even in the situation where we think we're stuck... we actually have a choice. Imagine talking to that man.

Even chained to the wall and with three guards around him, I'd be dead worried to even speak to him!!

Pretty amazing that she was able to get away from that situation. I wonder what his childhood was like becuase it seems a little weird he even let her go.
    My Daughter Rules!

Band of Others: Are you a Gamer looking for a home, look no more bro!

Ofear.com: Confronting fears, phobias, and panic attacks, in a friendly online community.

Movie Talk: Like discussing movies, tv and streaming media, well so do we.

Even the most experienced criminals have a conscience, an own morale, which is shared with other criminals. Unless he were a psychopath, a man without a conscience at all.
    Think of the Italian mafia, which has its own ways to deal with all kinds of matters.

Every man and woman has a personal "weakness" or two.
    She did great to spot them, and show her strength to make him realize that not doing anything to hurt her, was the right thing for him to do.

You think she actually spotted them? It looked more like blind luck to me. :?
    My Daughter Rules!

Band of Others: Are you a Gamer looking for a home, look no more bro!

Ofear.com: Confronting fears, phobias, and panic attacks, in a friendly online community.

Movie Talk: Like discussing movies, tv and streaming media, well so do we.

that was an incredible story! She's very lucky to have pushed all the right buttons with this guy and come out of it unharmed. Might not of worked with most. She's a lucky girl!
    Life is what you make of it. Make it happen.

I think GOD intervened.

i think you might be right merika. she had some wicked gardian angels on her side that day! goes to show that when it's not your time to go, you don't go. god does work in mysterious ways. :wink:
    Life is what you make of it. Make it happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Duke
    You think she actually spotted them? It looked more like blind luck to me. :?
    You can spot them. It takes some skill to come to an understanding of a man or woman.

I told before on these forums, that when I met a friend of mine for the first time, I was able to discern her horrible past within minutes. Without using much of conversation either.

As religion is the moral guiding force for a lot of Americans (more than of Western-Europeans), it's always a good bet, to try that route, in these situations.

Thread Information