Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: How much should religion play in dating?

Quote Originally Posted by sam View Post
    I agree Luba. I think that man is so full of himself he wants us to respect him and his " beliefs " , but he wouldn't respect us. Had he ask in a nice manner , I would've skipped the bacon but his tone was very rude, like I'm supposed to take orders from him, so I also didn't make any effort to be nice. I would've ordered all the pork dishes on the menu just to annoy him!

My friend & I was renting the same apartment at that time and when we got home I was able to convince her to avoid and not see him again. They didn't even got into a relationship =P

LOVE your sense of humour, sam; the comment about "I would've ordered all the pork dishes on the menu just to avoid him!" LOVE that!

It's a good thing your friend didn't get into a relationship with him. I wonder who he is annoying now?
    Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.

True love is wanting to give to another person without any thought about
    who’s getting the better of the deal.

Love always creates, it never destroys. In this lie's man's only promise

~All quotes by Leo Buscaglia

Ok.. let me describe him for you Luba. He looks like Andy Garcia in the Godfather 3 film. He is superrr cocky! I bet his own reflection in the mirror is annoyed at him.humph!
    " Begin with the ending in mind ~ Stephen Covey "

Quote Originally Posted by sam View Post
    Ok.. let me describe him for you Luba. He looks like Andy Garcia in the Godfather 3 film. He is superrr cocky! I bet his own reflection in the mirror is annoyed at him.humph!
    LOVE the post and the description, sam! Let me say again, I LOVE your sense of humour!
    Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.

I'm happy I made you smile Luba

Enjoy the rest of your day

That was bizarre sam. The nerve of some people.
    The butterfly counts not months but moments, and has time enough. - Rabindranath Tagore

Keep true to the dreams of your youth. - Friedrich Schiller

The only philosophy which can be responsibly practised in face of despair is the attempt to contemplate all things as they would present themselves from the standpoint of redemption. - Theodor Adorno

There are a lot of strange people here in jp Vautrin. Some can be really unbelievable sometimes

My understanding of maybe most Japanese people is that they don't show much emotion in difficult situations, is that true?

I would have LOVED to go to Japan just to prove how wrong this statement is. On a positive note, the younger ones respect and look after their elders, is that true as well?

It's just a question, and not meant to hurt anyone.

I know I went off-track on the topic, but if these questions bring up a response, I'll start a new thread.

I think that out of politeness they try not show too much of their emotion., like when watching a movie here, I think it's strange that nobody would laugh ( except me and my sister ) even when something is really funny, or that no one would scream even when something is really scary or startling.. I think it's just weird sitting there so quiet even if you're watching a horror/ suspense movie.
    I also went to a theme park here, rode a roller coaster , looked at my back to see their reactions because I think normally people would already start screaming, or waving their hands upwards once the ride is in motion..atleast that's what we do in our country & that's what I also see on the movies but nobody screamed and yelled except for us. really weird!
    I can't give a direct answer to your other question Luba, so I would rather not comment =)
    But I admire the senior citizens here in Japan, at 80 yrs old they would still go to the grocery alone. Some are still working ( like the mother of my mom's boyfriend ). Most japanese work really hard.

I'm not saying that Japan is the only country with weirdness going on. There are also a lot of weird facts about my own country...and I guess it's the same with other countries as well. I just shared some of own personal experiences here. I wish to offend no one

I think it depends on how important your own religion is to you. If you're not particularly religious, it would probably be difficult to be with someone who is, and vice versa. In my case, my FAITH is very important to me, but my religion isn't. My ex-husband was brought up Catholic (as was I), and it really didn't work out - but not because of religion. My husband is Muslim, but we actually have many of the same beliefs. Neither of us attend religious services, but we both pray frequently, and talk about God/Allah. He actually brought me much closer to God. Oh, and neither of us has any interest in converting. I observe his holidays with him, and he observes mine with me.

newstart

Thread Information