Thread: Elderly Parents

Elderly Parents

If either one of your parents were sick and dying.....who, out of the entire family, would be the one who took care of them?

My baby brother would be the first one there to look after them then it would be me. The youngest and the oldest siblings in my family. We would probably share it between the both of us.
    Life is what you make of it. Make it happen.

It would fall squarely on my shoulders, as usual. If it were my mom then I wouldn't mind but if it were dad, I'm not sure how helpful I'd be. :?
    My Daughter Rules!

Band of Others: Are you a Gamer looking for a home, look no more bro!

Ofear.com: Confronting fears, phobias, and panic attacks, in a friendly online community.

Movie Talk: Like discussing movies, tv and streaming media, well so do we.

Probably me out of my brother and I, but we have enough relatives that I wouldn't have to worry about doing everything alone, they're pretty helpful people.

It would be something I definately would do. My brother might help out financially, if needed, but he wouldn't be good at care giving. I'm trying to make sure I buy a house in which either one of my parents would be comfortable in...in case they wanted to live with me. I hope I can afford one with a fabulous walk out basement....so I could make them a great place when they are really older.

Till then, this will be where my kids, dog and cat will live! The rest of the house is MINE MINE MINE!

I've already started saving for my mom and dad's LTC they do so much for me I need to return the favor. plus I am the most responisble and will most likley be the most financially stable.

LTC policies are a good thing to buy for your parents.

Quote Originally Posted by Duke
    It would fall squarely on my shoulders, as usual. If it were my mom then I wouldn't mind but if it were dad, I'm not sure how helpful I'd be. :?
    Don't worry, Duke, if I didn't suffer from Dementia when I get old, I would be the life of the party at the Seniors home!! I'd finally learn to play Pool so well, play for money and strip the old geezers from their hard earned life savings...then I'd have enough money to set up my own Seniors home and get maids to look after me and your Dad..

Yes, but if you do suffer from dementia, all is lost. But then again, you would also not notice whether or not D00k is around to look after you.

For my mom and dad I have absolutely no clue, who would be doing what. Mind you in all likelihood these problems are about 20 years from now.
    The butterfly counts not months but moments, and has time enough. - Rabindranath Tagore

Keep true to the dreams of your youth. - Friedrich Schiller

The only philosophy which can be responsibly practised in face of despair is the attempt to contemplate all things as they would present themselves from the standpoint of redemption. - Theodor Adorno

Duke....just make sure you keep a good supply of Luba's special guava juice around!

Or you could build a special website and let Luba post to herself all day...being too senile to realize she was the only one of the site.
    LMAO!

Quote Originally Posted by Merika
    Duke....just make sure you keep a good supply of Luba's special guava juice around!

Or you could build a special website and let Luba post to herself all day...being too senile to realize she was the only one of the site.
    LMAO!

I actually do that already, post by myself, I mean, especially on weekends where I'm here and on International Gathering a million times a day!! I hope I haven't answered one of my own posts yet.. 8O thanks a lot, Merika, now that the thought has occurred to me, I have to reread EVERYTHING just to see that it hasn't happened yet... :?

When I was home I used to post in several forums to keep myself occupied. Now, I only post on this one and am doing a lousy job of it. I was acutally HOME last night by myself. I layed in bed and watched TV. I even had beer in the fridge and didn't drink any. This is getting really scary..... :?

Was anything heavy on your mind or were you just tired?

She was thinking of me as usual.

I am flattered that you even take the time to post here Merika. Your life is busy so I understand that you can't live on here as you once did. I can say that I'm no longer worried about you surpassing my post count though. At one time you were just over 1100 posts away. Now your eating my dust.
    My Daughter Rules!

Band of Others: Are you a Gamer looking for a home, look no more bro!

Ofear.com: Confronting fears, phobias, and panic attacks, in a friendly online community.

Movie Talk: Like discussing movies, tv and streaming media, well so do we.

I can say that I'm no longer worried about you surpassing my post count though. At one time you were just over 1100 posts away. Now your eating my dust.
    Sounds like a challenge..... Bet I'll be busting it in the next week to catch all up and bite your butt. I've got 4 days off in a row next week....so you better WATCH IT Froggie!! 8)

Quote Originally Posted by Merika
    I can say that I'm no longer worried about you surpassing my post count though. At one time you were just over 1100 posts away. Now your eating my dust.
    Sounds like a challenge..... Bet I'll be busting it in the next week to catch all up and bite your butt. I've got 4 days off in a row next week....so you better WATCH IT Froggie!! 8)
    I am SO looking forward to that!

Thread Information