medical marjiuana illegal

link

The supreme court ruled that medical marjiuana users can be prosecuted.

It is crazy, that you allow it to be recommended, and on the other hand keep the options for prosecution open. We have a similar problem in the Netherlands with coffeeshops, as they are allowed to sell pot, but are not allowed to be legally supplied.
    The butterfly counts not months but moments, and has time enough. - Rabindranath Tagore

Keep true to the dreams of your youth. - Friedrich Schiller

The only philosophy which can be responsibly practised in face of despair is the attempt to contemplate all things as they would present themselves from the standpoint of redemption. - Theodor Adorno

The courts couldnt ban it being recommended cause it isnt against the law and unless the government actually starts prosecuting for it, then nothing really changes. I think its more of a power play against the liberals then anything else.

I think it's retarded to prosecute medicinal marajuanna users. these people are prescribed this by doctors because it's the only thing left that takes their pain away. They don't even get high on it because they're in so much pain. Gerry smokes it to help get rid of his pain. the pain killers aren't working anymore for him but rotting his stomach. it's still legal in some states isn't it? I know that it is here also.

I find nothing wrong with medicinal marajuanna at all. If it's prescribed by a doctor, then it should be okay. JMHO.
    Life is what you make of it. Make it happen.

LOTS of people have cancer and have gone thru radiation/medical treatments without the aid of marijuanna. However, if someone wants to smoke it while sick as an excuse to be a legal pot head....who cares? I really don't care if they do or don't.

What I DON'T want...is to pay for all their silly-a$$ed drug related rehabilitation bills afterwards.

In short...I don't care what anyone else choses to do...but take the responsibility for the end result and quit making it a tax payer burden.

doctors cant perscribe it here, just recommend. It is legal in 10 states, but the new ruling says that the federal government can charge people, so even in the states where its legal the people are only safe from state prosecution.

Prosecution in any state out of the 10 which have legalized it..... for 'personal medical use' would only result in a fine to begin with. As for a doctor 'recommending it'....if they could prove that it really helped the situtation...it would've long been approved by the FDA.

Truth is...it's just another way of liberals getting their foot in the door. Just as they did in abortion....it started out as a medical choice and ended up it being legal to change your mind because you didn't want a girl some 6 months into the pregnancy. At six months....it ISN'T a fetus...it's a BABY!

I'll never see it any other way.

its a baby long b4 6 months.

I personally think they should just go ahead and legalize weed anyway. I mean...the amount of people that smoke it is mind boggling.

I myself have never smoked it so I'm not saying this for myself.

The government should legalize it. They can then tax it... and isn't that really their main concern?
    STOP MOUNTAIN TOP REMOVAL

I've never met a pothead who had good sense. All I've ever seen pot do is deteriate lives and families. If people want to do that to themselves....it's fine with me....but I don't want to pay for their long term mental health problems later.

Quote Originally Posted by Merika
    I've never met a pothead who had good sense. All I've ever seen pot do is deteriate lives and families. If people want to do that to themselves....it's fine with me....but I don't want to pay for their long term mental health problems later.
    Even if that were true, with privatised health care these people would be paying for their own bills. If there are further taxes on marijuana, these taxes could be spent on a) prevention programs b) medical programs. So it probably would be a lot less expensive for the tax payer, if it is made legal.
    In the Netherlands the added income made out of cigarettes for the State is higher than the bills for health issues related to smoking. Also, as an added bonus, retirement benefits are less for smokers than non-smokers, saving quite a bit of money for the State.
    The butterfly counts not months but moments, and has time enough. - Rabindranath Tagore

Keep true to the dreams of your youth. - Friedrich Schiller

The only philosophy which can be responsibly practised in face of despair is the attempt to contemplate all things as they would present themselves from the standpoint of redemption. - Theodor Adorno

Re: medical marjiuana illegal

Medical marijuana has been legal in Colorado since 2000. In the past year numerous dispensaries have sprung up around my area. I qualify for this medicine based on my level of pain, past narcotic prescription history and my diagnosis of degenerative joint disease. I must admit that I am considering this option. You might ask why.....well, if you've ever lived your life on narcotic meds and had to increase dosage to maintain pain relief and felt the effects of that med on your whole body when you've tried to get off them, well it's ludicrous! When regular prescription anti-inflammatory meds don't even touch the pain and when you're too poor to undergo surgeries and yet the pain persists and effects your life and your mobility........well......medical marijuana is at least worth a try in my opinion, and since it comes in many forums, I don't need to be standing around smoking a joint, I can use a tablet or even a tincture now.

I've been researching this option and since it is legal in my state, it sure doesn't hurt to try it to see if it will work for me.

I have someone in my family that takes it for MS and has for years, it's the only thing that has helped her. If it helps a person, who should be judged for taking it?
    Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.

True love is wanting to give to another person without any thought about
    who’s getting the better of the deal.

Love always creates, it never destroys. In this lie's man's only promise

~All quotes by Leo Buscaglia

The doctors hand out some pills that contain chemicals so much more dangerous than marijuana. I have never really understood all the anti-pot rhetoric. Where are all the anti morphine people??

I don't use the stuff, never have and probably never will. There has been a bit of legislature passed here in Michigan recently allowing people to grow it for sale to the state or other REAL medical services. A license is required and you have to account for all the plants that you have. This is probably the smartest thing that the state has done so far; legalize and tax it!

This is probably the smartest thing that the state has done so far; legalize and tax it!
    I agree. I think that legal medical marijuana is just the begining to something bigger. I wish they would get on with it so they could remove it as a schedule one substance. Sheesh

Well I used to be a "pot head" as I smoked marijuana regularly with my friends and I don't think it's adversely affected me. When I thought there may be a danger of actually becoming somewhat addicted I just quit smoking it, period. Marijuana is not as addicting a drug as many may think, its the high thats can become addicting.

I know plenty of people who smoked marijuana during their lifetimes who were able to stop yet I know plenty of people who can't seem to go even 20 minutes without a smoke or 24 hours without a drink, so what's worse?

If it helps your pain LS then by all means give marijuana a go, especially if you've had it prescribed for you. Most of the people who argue against marijuana are fear mongers who have never tried the drug and have no idea what their talking about.

Also, smoking pot does not make you a "stoner" or "pot head" unless you decide that smoking marijuana is all you want to do all the time. Marijuana (like booze) transcends all social boundaries so you'll likely see just as many white collar pot smokers as you will blue collar.
    My Daughter Rules!

Band of Others: Are you a Gamer looking for a home, look no more bro!

Ofear.com: Confronting fears, phobias, and panic attacks, in a friendly online community.

Movie Talk: Like discussing movies, tv and streaming media, well so do we.

Duke, I'm aware of all those things. I smoked pot for many years and then quit about 20yrs ago. It made getting work difficult what with everyone doing drug testing and all. I never recall feeling addicted to pot. I never had a hard time quitting.

When I stopped the narcotic pain meds, I thought I was gonna die from the withdrawls. My stupid doctor never even told me I could expect this and it was thru the internet that I learned about it. All my doctor did was take me off what had stopped being effective and put me on something else that was narcotic in nature plus had anti-depressive properties. I read up on this drug and then flat out refused to be involved with it, so she put me on prescription ibuprofen and something called Lidocaine patches that go directly on the point of pain to supposedly numb the nerves, but neither has been effective. I'm tired of doing my pain management in this way.

I am going to inquire about rooster comb therapy. That's a lubricant that can be injected into the joint and is used specifically for knees. I hear it lasts 4-6 months. Not much time, but many enough for me to lose some weight. Surely losing weight will be helpful. However, that is not for degenerative disc in the back so that still leaves my back pain as something I have to deal with. This is where I'm hoping the MMJ will be helpful.

I haven't been prescribed medical marijuana, but I am going to look into applying for an MMJ card to see if I qualify. I just really don't know what else I can do.

Alcohol is a much bigger problem in society, but you don't see a ban on booze, do you?

Personally I wouldn’t touch marijuana even though I like the occasional cig. I distrust the drug as it’s already known to affect the mind causing depressions and later in life, forgetfullness. I much rather go by the trusted meds and forget the marijuana. Also, it seems far too tempting having a legalised, prescribed stash going walkabout in the house. Not my family, but can you imagine a Mum or Dad having some, but there teenage sons and daughters suddenly realising they don't have to pay out street prices when there's a readily available supply at hand? What an absolutely grand opportunity for them to get a toke on the side. No way! Like Santa come early.

I agree with you Floxx. Marijuana is far less a problem than alcohol, not only with addition rates but also the amount of deaths caused by alcohol vs. mj.

Thread Information