Another Canoe Trip

Yes, I know I haven't gotten the other canoe trip pictures up yet, but I've been busy.

Me and 19 other people (some, like 4 or 5, only on saturday) are going canoeing on the brule river this friday and saturday. Some of us are leaving early tomorrow to go set up tents and stuff and then we're starting tomorrow morning.
    I hear it's a beautiful river and it empties into lake superior, so I bet that's a beautiful view too.

That sounds like so much fun RS! I sure hope you all have a great time. To bad more kids don't do things like that with friends instead of getting in trouble.

I've never went canoing but I've been white water rafting and it's a blast.
    My Daughter Rules!

Band of Others: Are you a Gamer looking for a home, look no more bro!

Ofear.com: Confronting fears, phobias, and panic attacks, in a friendly online community.

Movie Talk: Like discussing movies, tv and streaming media, well so do we.

Just got back, I'm fairly tired but I'm not too stiff considering we did 20 miles (mostly calm) on friday and 16 on saturday...
    I'll talk more about it later, I'm going to bed.

Duke, a couple of my friends went white water rafting on their honeymon and they said that compared to canoing it was boring, the guide took them down them backwards and sideways so they could have fun.
    I'd tend to agree with them since in a canoe you really have to balance and get just right in some spots compared to a raft where you just kinda bounce around.
    Still is great fun, though.

I guess my experience was different because we went in late spring when the flood waters were really at there worst and actually had a 12 man raft standing virtually virtical more than once. We were so exhausted after that we could barely row to shore, it was truly incredible!

Up till a few years ago, I was huge into rowing. I got out of it due to some health concerns but will be picking it up next year sometime. I know what you mean by balance because whether your in a double, a four or an eight, if you have no balance you can't get your blades out of the water. If everyones timing is on and the balance is perfect then all you can hear is the sound of the water breaking over the the bow ball. We also have a bunch of seals close by that love to follow the rowing shell and swim through the pools left by the blades. It is truly one of the best sports out there IMO and competing is incredible.
    My Daughter Rules!

Band of Others: Are you a Gamer looking for a home, look no more bro!

Ofear.com: Confronting fears, phobias, and panic attacks, in a friendly online community.

Movie Talk: Like discussing movies, tv and streaming media, well so do we.

cool

Re: Another Canoe Trip

Welcome to our little online community. Hope you enjoy your stay, Rick.
    The brain is a wonderful organ; it starts working the moment you get up in the morning, and does not stop until you get to the office. (Robert Frost)

Thread Information