Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Farenheit 911

Farenheit 911

Farenheit 911 was mentioned in another post. I do realize a lot of people are watching it and DO hope they know it is NOT historically factual or correct. Michael Moore also made Bowling for Columbine which he later admitted was not 'actually historical accurate and not really a 'documentary'.

Moore is an idiot who is taking advantage of a political climate. Whereas, I don't care much what his personal political views are.....it makes me VERY mad when I know lies like that hurts the morale of our troops...as well an further inciting the situation in Iraq. I have friends there...so I'm not making something up.

If it were up to me....I'ld shoot Moore as a traitor.

56 Point of Error in F-911
    www.davekopel.com/Terror/ Fiftysix-Deceits-in-Fahrenheit-911.htm

www.patriotsaints.com/News/ 911/Conspiracy/Bush/Fahrenheit911_lies/

http://www.bowlingfortruth.com/

http://www.moorelies.com/ Bowling for Columbine....same type of WRONG FACTS.

He's just a guy trying to make it rich at the right time. You have to give him credit at least for that much because he found his niche and is exploiting it to the full.

I haven't seen either flick and won't go out of my way to do so. I pay very little attention to politics, or to news in general. I'm mostly concerned with my life and the lives of those closest to my heart. It may sound selfish but that's just the way I am.
    My Daughter Rules!

Band of Others: Are you a Gamer looking for a home, look no more bro!

Ofear.com: Confronting fears, phobias, and panic attacks, in a friendly online community.

Movie Talk: Like discussing movies, tv and streaming media, well so do we.

My b/f would have killed me if I would have brought that movie in the house... so when we we're on our "break" I rented it.. I don't even know what to day about the movie. I couldn't even finish it because I was so disqusted. It's just another form of brainwashing :x

Andrew Dice Clay made millions by being an arse and making fun of women.

Eddie Murphey did his best stand up when he made fun of everyone around him.

Seinfield is rich because he observed the world around him at the right time.

Oprah got rich for having the most successful daytime talk show that actually cared about people.

Roseanne got rich by being a loud mouth bag in front of millions.

Shania Twain is likely the most recognized country music star as she was the first female artist in county music history to show her midsection.

It's all about finding the right act at the right time. Giving people something they aren't really ready for and making it controversial enough where critics hate it but the fans eat it up.
    My Daughter Rules!

Ofear.com: Confronting fears, phobias, and panic attacks, in a friendly online community.

Your right Duke Great comparison, but I still hate Michael Moore... ( Irarely use the H word)

I think it's great if someone finds a niche in a market to make money and a name for themselves. These people are entrepenuers and stars.

To lie and exploit your own troops in a war though.....is what I consider to be a traitor. It's exactly what Kerry did after his great big 4 months of combat duty in Vietnam. That's why I would refuse to live in this country if he were elected.

I don't consider it a matter of questioning patriotism....I consider it a matter of not giving a damn about anyone but yourself. I have a fierce loyalty to someone willing to go at a moments notice and get their butt blown off for my children. I take it VERY personally when someone doesn't do them right or properly respects them.

It's the people buying his trash that are making his message travel so far.
    My Daughter Rules!

Geez Louise.....I need a CHILL PILL!

LOL!

That's what I thought when I read your previous post lol.
    My Daughter Rules!

After reading this post I decided to watch the rest of the movie and again didn't succeed, He made a mocary of the USMC, I do not believe that the recuiters in the film we're real. I have never so been upset by a movie before, and I still couldn't stomach to watch the whole thing.

I would suggest to get FarienHYPE 911 which offsets it and gives the REAL events.

I think another bad part regarding this movie is that people around the world are watching it and not realizing it's not true. I think it should have to be shown with a disclaimer at least!

Quote Originally Posted by Merika
    I think it should have to be shown with a disclaimer at least!
    Absolutely! Especially for the younger voters. I am very young but I have a better understanding of politics of most people my age. My friends have watched this movie and swear it's true.... they don't know any better.

My daughter was just about written up at school for telling a teacher she was quoting something out of the movie which everyone knew was a lie from Shamu Moore. HAHAHA!

Hopefully, Isis will get some free time soon and tell her story about it on here. High School with all the activites sure have kept her busy....and me using LOTS of gas driving her back and forth!

The teacher should have been written up for voiceing her political opinion to students :wink:

Actually, and it's been in the news, several high schools got in trouble for showing the film without parental permission. A couple of them were even here in Jacksonville.

This, ofcourse, right after the middle school teacher in New Jersey was given 'some time off' from work after making an entire patriotic bulletin board with the Bill of Rights, the Flag, some other papers and a pic of the current President and the First Lady....which is totally appropriate.

This country has gone NUTS! That's why I keep telling Duke I'm moving to Saskatoon, Canada in the boonies!

Re: Farenheit 911

Farenheit 911 was mentioned in another post. I do realize a lot of people are watching it and DO hope they know it is NOT historically factual or correct.
    A great deal of it is correct, you could aleady read about some of this stuff on the net years ago, its just be brought it to the publics attention whether its biased or not. The trouble with micheal moore and all the right wing websites, film makers and publishers trying to deface him (and making fools out of themselves IMHO) neither of them tell the entire story. Just like Fox news leaves out half the story...and usually the bad news.

I have no opinion on the matter as to who's correct and who isn't. I think each side tells a bit of the story as Mondo suggests.

I can tell you one thing that does concern me and I may be way off base but it's honest. America scares me sometimes. As a Canadian, I worry about bordering a country that puts so much focus into playing "bad cop" on a world stage. Eventually someone's going to take offense to the message and retaliate.

Again, I hope that didn't sound ignorant, just a concern I sometimes have.
    My Daughter Rules!

Re: Farenheit 911

Quote Originally Posted by Mondo
    Farenheit 911 was mentioned in another post. I do realize a lot of people are watching it and DO hope they know it is NOT historically factual or correct.
    A great deal of it is correct, you could aleady read about some of this stuff on the net years ago, its just be brought it to the publics attention whether its biased or not. The trouble with micheal moore and all the right wing websites, film makers and publishers trying to deface him (and making fools out of themselves IMHO) neither of them tell the entire story. Just like Fox news leaves out half the story...and usually the bad news.
    AWESOME point Mondo, I can point out just as many half-truths and out right skin crawling lies that the current administration has told. Quite honestly I have much more respect for Micheal Moore and his non-documentaries which force you to think then I ever could or did have for George W. Bush and his governments way of outright lying and betraying the public, ever notice how he never gives a straight answer? He hmms and haws around the questions while reiterating the same basic useless info over and over again. But honestly, you've probably heard it all before from people who share my point of view and this isn't the place to start debating these things. I just think it's great that we have the chance to investigate both sides of the coin and make informed, intelligent decisions for ourselves.

If you want to see a really good film, check out "911 - In Plane Site". Now there's a true documentary that will get you thinking, like it or not!

I can actually hear Merika taking a cold shower.
    My Daughter Rules!

Quote Originally Posted by Duke
    I can actually hear Merika taking a cold shower.
    YES....while banging right wing Republican head on wet tiles!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------

Seriously, I greatly respect other people's opinions. I have net friends from all over the world who disagree with our current foreign policy.

However, as a good Republican Team Leader....I only worry about it if the person can vote on Nov 2.

Hopefully, that was taken as funny.....not glib!

absolutely!

i agree with u merika........michael moo is out for the money and he has about 70 lies in that film

I figure he's so gross and ugly....the only way he can get a date is making those stupid movies.

It's whats inside that counts, isn't it?

I'm ugly but I'm one hell of a nice guy. OK I'm haut and a complete a-hole but so what?
    My Daughter Rules!

Thread Information