Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Football

Football

Anyone watching the Raiders-Eagles game? Got to get back to it...

No. No Football on TV in Europe. Perhaps on a satelite channel, but not having access to that.
    The butterfly counts not months but moments, and has time enough. - Rabindranath Tagore

Keep true to the dreams of your youth. - Friedrich Schiller

The only philosophy which can be responsibly practised in face of despair is the attempt to contemplate all things as they would present themselves from the standpoint of redemption. - Theodor Adorno

Nope. I'm the anti-guy when it comes to sports. Unless I actually play it, I won't watch it.

i am, i watch sports all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by darkangelism
    i am, i watch sports all the time.
    Are you going to watch any hockey when it starts?

probably, just less often cause its on more days a week.

I'm not a big football fan, same with baseball. I'm off and on with hockey but now refuse to watch any hockey games since the tards forgot about the fans for over a year.
    My Daughter Rules!

Band of Others: Are you a Gamer looking for a home, look no more bro!

Ofear.com: Confronting fears, phobias, and panic attacks, in a friendly online community.

Movie Talk: Like discussing movies, tv and streaming media, well so do we.

Quote Originally Posted by Duke
    I'm not a big football fan, same with baseball. I'm off and on with hockey but now refuse to watch any hockey games since the tards forgot about the fans for over a year.
    I felt that way, too, until they settled and it's back on, and I'm excited again. Vancouver vs. Phoenix, I was told a week from Wednesday, I believe. I'll have to check up on that further...maybe it's the following week...maybe I don't know what the h**l I'm talking about...

Sorry Lu but I think NHL Hockey Fans are among the dumbest fans in the world.

If hockey fans were smart, they would have turned their backs on hockey for the first season or two and then reap the rewards when the NHL is forced to roll back ticket prices and pay-per-view.

I really think the league screwed the fans and that doesn't sit well with me.
    My Daughter Rules!

Ofear.com: Confronting fears, phobias, and panic attacks, in a friendly online community.

Yes, I do agree that the fans were let down severely...but I've been watching it for so many years and I love the game...

So what was the score of the football game?

It happens with all the major sports. Soccer is being raped just as badly in Europe.
    The butterfly counts not months but moments, and has time enough. - Rabindranath Tagore

The only philosophy which can be responsibly practised in face of despair is the attempt to contemplate all things as they would present themselves from the standpoint of redemption. - Theodor Adorno

I think the athletes definately deserve good cash for puttying their bodies on the line but it's ridiculous to turn a sport into a political free for all. The only people who suffer are the fans IMHO.
    My Daughter Rules!

23 to 20, eagles won...do you understand the scoring system of football? Its the second weirdest besides cricket i think.

Yes, I do understand the scoring system of football. Kaatsen, a Dutch sport has even a weirder scoring system, which appears to be a bit similar to tennis.

As far as I know, it comes down to:
    6 points for a touchdown
    1 for conversion (after touchdown)
    2 for special conversion (after touchdown)
    2 for safety (the only way to score defensively, unless of course defence makes an interception and scores a touchdown after that, without a break in play)
    3 for a penalty.

you have it right except for the 3 point, its not for a penalty, you get three points for kicking the ball through the uprights(the giant yellow H thing)

That is a field goal in Football. I confused the term with the term in rugby. There you can get a penalty. And have to kick the ball between the two uprights for 3 points.

Not bad for a Dutchie, right?

That's great, Vautrin...too bad you don't get it there..I bet you would enjoy it!

wow that is good, but im not surprised vaturin is on of the smartest people i know.

I thought the Dutch played with wooden shoes too.
    My Daughter Rules!

No Duke. Wooden shoes are barely used anymore. The biggest chance of running into people who wear wooden shoes, are if you run into small scale farmers, or accidentally end up in one of the few traditionalist communities in the Netherlands.

I was just giving you a hard time but while we're on the subject, why were wooden shoes ever worn in the first place? Do they make you more boyant so you can walk on water or something?
    My Daughter Rules!

No, they were quite practical on farms. As they are quite strong. So if anything crashed on your feet, you would have a problem with leathery shoes, but not with wooden ones.

so you can walk on water?

I guess the other thing is that wooden shoes don't get holes in them as fast as regular shoes and boots do, that is unless you have a termite problem.
    My Daughter Rules!

Yes, wooden shoes do suffer wear, but probably not as much as normal shoes.

I think my mom once told me the story, that she made a miniature boat, from almost completely worn out wooden shoes of her father. Try that with regular shoes .

Thread Information