Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Animal's leaving today...

Last night she got a call that the truck-driving friend of her Aunt is driving through here today on his way back from Pennsylvania. This is her only chance for the next 3 weeks to get to PEI to see her friends before flying out to Alberta on November 6th to live with her family.

I'm going to miss her a lot, I don't mind saying I'm madly in love with her (slight understatement) and when she was here it was the best 3 months anyone could have. It may be another 3 months before I see her again and I'm still not sure when/if I'm going to move out there right away. It's been an emotional day, it was a surprise to both of us that she'd be leaving so soon, she's even going to be missing work tomorrow as she thought she had a few more days.

Since she'll be travelling and staying with friends, her internet usuage and accessibility will be limited but I'm sure she'll drop in when she can. She's probably going to respond to these before she leaves but I just wanted to let everyone know what's going on.

I love you Animal, have a safe trip! I can't wait to see you again soon bubby!

you better come live with me in alberta

have a good trip.

Paul just remember that distance makes the heart grow fonder.

Like I said Animal, be safe and don't do anything I wouldn't do.

Have a safe trip Animal, good luck in the new province.
    My Daughter Rules!

Band of Others: Are you a Gamer looking for a home, look no more bro!

Ofear.com: Confronting fears, phobias, and panic attacks, in a friendly online community.

Movie Talk: Like discussing movies, tv and streaming media, well so do we.

Animal: have a good trip.
    Paul and Animal, I wish you the best, and hopefully the two of you can be reunited as soon as possible. I know, temporary separations are a pain in the proverbial area, as that is something I am dealing with now too.

Quote Originally Posted by Weiser
    I think she will do a few things you would not do, Weiser. :wink:
    The butterfly counts not months but moments, and has time enough. - Rabindranath Tagore

Keep true to the dreams of your youth. - Friedrich Schiller

The only philosophy which can be responsibly practised in face of despair is the attempt to contemplate all things as they would present themselves from the standpoint of redemption. - Theodor Adorno

like pee sitting down?

All the best, animal. I'd take her up on her offer, FAST, Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Vautrin
    Quote Originally Posted by Weiser
    I think she will do a few things you would not do, Weiser. :wink:
    Ya, like me

Quote Originally Posted by Meanon
    All the best, animal. I'd take her up on her offer, FAST, Paul
    She's visiting friends for a month, then moving to be with her family which she hasn't lived with for 8 months so I'm kinda concerned about imposing. After that comes Christmas, the place where they are going to be living in isn't all that big and relatives will be there. Oh and we're not sure how her mother would feel about having me around yet. Besides that, I plan on going but it may be after Christmas, which is going to suck. We've got 3 months without seeing eachother before but we both almost went crazy, lol. However, I appreciate and value your advice and will do my best to apply it ASAP!!

LMAO Paul.

It won't be that bad. Well, I hope not. I haven't done the LD relationship thing. Here's hoping it won't be all that bad.

Just a thought.....why don't you guys just get married?????

I don't want you to leave animal....you will be SOOOO missed around here. I realize we won't miss you as much as lover boy....but we love you too!!!!

have a nice safe trip animal.
    Life is what you make of it. Make it happen.

Have a great and safe trip, Animal! Will look forward to your posts on how it's all going for you!

I believe in "Happily Ever After", so I hope you and Paul could find a way to be together always and that it will happen very soon...

And Paul, please let us know how you are managing...we love you both, you know...

Quote Originally Posted by Merika
    hehe we both agree that we're not ready for that, for a loooong time, but think it's awesome that you suggested it!

Quote Originally Posted by Luba
    Have a great and safe trip, Animal! Will look forward to your posts on how it's all going for you!

I believe in "Happily Ever After", so I hope you and Paul could find a way to be together always and that it will happen very soon...

And Paul, please let us know how you are managing...we love you both, you know...
    I'm doing good, what I care about is her happiness above all things, including my own. This is better for her, it's her decision. I use to believe in Happily Ever After and wish I still did but sometimes that means many different things. Only time will tell, either way it doesn't change how I feel about her.

Thank you for your very kind words Luba, I hope she gets to read them and respond soon!

Paul, we'll take care of you until you and Animal can be together again! Hope you are doing okay tonight...
    My friend of 25 years is moving away on Sunday, so we had a goodbye dinner tonight, so I'm feeling pretty woeful...

Quote Originally Posted by Paul
    hehe we both agree that we're not ready for that, for a loooong time, but think it's awesome that you suggested it!
    I think people wait too long. It seems to me that statistically, marriages used to work out better decades ago, when two people just got married when they were younger...instead of waiting until they were set in their ways and more aggravating to live with.

I think people wait too long. It seems to me that statistically, marriages used to work out better decades ago, when two people just got married when they were younger...instead of waiting until they were set in their ways and more aggravating to live with.
    i agree with that.

hubby and i lived together for 6 years then got married. we had a baby together and were raising karystal and kassandra druring this time. living as a family anyways. I have no idea why we waited that long. we're going on our 10th this month, been together for 16 years. we know that we're going to be together forever now just like we knew that 16 years ago.
    Life is what you make of it. Make it happen.

I totally understand what you're saying, I think it's more a matter of age and maturity. We're only starting to figure out what we really want and speaking for myself, although I know how I feel and that I want to be there for her, I also want her to be able to choose what she wants without feeling trapped or kept from being young and having fun.

Deciding to be with someone in a serious relationship is a big decision, especially when you're only in your late teens. It has taken us the 13 months we've been together to just now figure out that we do want to stay together and see where this relationship goes, it took a lot of big ups and downs to get to that point. As recently as a couple days ago, things looked like a big question mark but we've sorted it out. I know it's not all easy for her, which just makes me admire her all the more.

The thing is, we're all human, we don't know what's coming next and it's hard to say how feelings will affect us or how anything will turn out. She and I know we're not a perfect match but we truly love each other and want to give the relationship a try. In a time when divorce is so common (my parents included) and relationships become more casual and fall apart as quickly as they start, I think I've got an incrediblely blessed head start. I'm extremely grateful for what I have and I intend to continue to act like it.

What I've learned is, the relationship can't just be based on feelings or physical attraction as those things wane/change, but if you base it upon honesty, self-less love, kindness and friendship, it's got a lot better chance of suceeding. What gives me pleasure is her happiness, therefore we both win. I've known her for a long time, long before we started dating, we've been through everything and every strain a relationship can and we've pulled through so far. Even if it ended today, I wouldn't hate her, try to exact revenge or hurt her, I'd continue to be her friend and tell her I'm there if she needs me because her happiness is what's important to me. Honestly, I believe that's the key, for me at least. Taking pleasure in giving others pleasure, even when those same people hurt you is the true meaning of love. That's the kind of love that endures everything, the love that God teaches us to have for one another, the love that has kept us together so far and friends no matter what.

Anyway I'm just rambling now but the thing is, who knows what tomorrow will bring, we might not even make it until then. It's just becoming more and more apparent to me that we should live and love like today is all we have because the fact is, we're not even guarenteed that. Thanks for listening guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul

What I've learned is, the relationship can't just be based on feelings or physical attraction as those things wane/change, but if you base it upon honesty, self-less love, kindness and friendship, it's got a lot better chance of suceeding. What gives me pleasure is her happiness, therefore we both win.
    Even if it ended today, I wouldn't hate her, try to exact revenge or hurt her, I'd continue to be her friend and tell her I'm there if she needs me because her happiness is what's important to me. Honestly, I believe that's the key, for me at least. Taking pleasure in giving others pleasure, even when those same people hurt you is the true meaning of love. That's the kind of love that endures everything, the love that God teaches us to have for one another, the love that has kept us together so far and friends no matter what.
    That's absolutely beautiful, Paul! My husband and I hurt each other when we were younger and therefore, the boys got hurt in the crossfire...giving pleasure to your Mate is what it is all about; unconditional love I call it..We both grew up and treat each other with love and tenderness now..

I think when the time comes you will make a wonderful husband!

I'm a believer in that there is no excuse not to be with the one you love....only in that I've been around long enough to know that love doesn't happen everyday. People are there, parties are there, sex is there, dating is there....but True Love is fleeting....you have to grab it up when you have it in your grasp.

Like you said...divorce happens. But if 10 years down the road you have a change of heart...work it out amicably. Don't lose the good 10 years you've got in fear of failure.

I've been around long enough to know exactly what Merika is talking about. Go get 'er Paul.

When I first moved here..I had several marriage propositions. However, since there were so many sailors around... I figured I'd hold out for the perfect deal. What happened??? Well, I partied through all my deals.....and ended up bypassing the good ones. It's OK because I have kids and am happy being single....but I passed up some really great guys.

I'm telling you....love doesn't come around often. Grab it while it is there.

Well guys and gals, I'm taking your advice, literally. I'm flying out in less then 3 hours for a surprise visit and for at least 3 weeks I'll be staying with my dad who lives 5 mins away from where she's staying. I'll update you on things in the next couple days, until then, take care everyone!

Great Paul! I hope everything works out for the two of you.
    The butterfly counts not months but moments, and has time enough. - Rabindranath Tagore

Keep true to the dreams of your youth. - Friedrich Schiller

The only philosophy which can be responsibly practised in face of despair is the attempt to contemplate all things as they would present themselves from the standpoint of redemption. - Theodor Adorno

Thread Information