Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Taxes....

Taxes....

I think that the tax issue is a very well discussed topic in the presidential debates....I personally do not agree with the statements saying that Bush has only raised taxes...because within the first six months of him being in office he gave all taxpayers money back depending on their income...how do you stand with the tax issues?

I usually use tape instead of tax, doesn't leave holes in the wall. ;-)
    My Daughter Rules!

Band of Others: Are you a Gamer looking for a home, look no more bro!

Ofear.com: Confronting fears, phobias, and panic attacks, in a friendly online community.

Movie Talk: Like discussing movies, tv and streaming media, well so do we.

funny D00k...I also heard from Merika that you used to call yourself Haught....

That's 'haut' and it's in the posts somewhere around here!

There are a few American's on this forum....but many are from various countries and probably have no opinion on this matter.

I have one though. The whole 'less tax for the rich' is ludicrous and a misrepresentation of the facts. Anyone with an income over $200,000, may fall within an 'entrepreneurship' status (meaning they own their own company) and provide many jobs.

They SHOULD get tax breaks in order to also be able to afford group health coverage, retirement and other perks which large companies can afford for their employees.

The nonpartisan Tax Policy Center show that even after Bush's tax cuts, the most affluent 20 percent of taxpayers still pay 63 percent of all US taxes, including income, payroll and excise taxes. Those in the middle 20 percent pay 10.5 percent, a much smaller share. So, strictly speaking, the highest -income taxpayers still pay by far the larger share of taxes than the other 80 percent.

In my opinion HOW on Earth are either of the 2 candidates going to lower taxes if we are in BILLIONS of dollars of debt....I mean its not like no one knows that...and if they do lower taxes how else are we going to get out of debt?? :wha:

Quote Originally Posted by Merika

Anyone with an income over $200,000, may fall within an 'entrepreneurship' status (meaning they own their own company) and provide many jobs.

They SHOULD get tax breaks in order to also be able to afford group health coverage, retirement and other perks which large companies can afford for their employees.
    Well I am glad someone gets it!! I am so sick of hearing higher taxes for the rich, lower taxes for the poor, If I decide to work harder than joe schmo next door and invest my money and work 60++ hours a week to secure a future for my faimly why should I have to pay more taxes than joe schmo because he makes less than me it's not fair and scares people to make money and hide money from the goverment in fear of being in a Higer tax bracet.

Quote Originally Posted by Isis
    funny D00k...I also heard from Merika that you used to call yourself Haught....
    lol, it's actually spelled haut
    My Daughter Rules!

Ofear.com: Confronting fears, phobias, and panic attacks, in a friendly online community.

Quote Originally Posted by Stoneheather

Anyone with an income over $200,000, may fall within an 'entrepreneurship' status (meaning they own their own company) and provide many jobs.

Well I am glad someone gets it!! I am so sick of hearing higher taxes for the rich, lower taxes for the poor, If I decide to work harder than joe schmo next door and invest my money and work 60++ hours a week to secure a future for my faimly why should I have to pay more taxes than joe schmo because he makes less than me it's not fair and scares people to make money and hide money from the goverment in fear of being in a Higher tax bracket.
    GAWD...I have no idea what I did here. I was trying to QUOTE you and screwed it all up!

OK.....OK....everyone laugh at the blonde!

Tax the crap out of the rich IMHO. Give money back to the poor, then there will be no poor people.

The tax system over here isn't to fair but its ok. the first £3000 you earn (about $5000 USD) is tax free, the next £9000 is taxed at 20% and then slightly more at 17,000, slightly more at 20,000 and it increases all the way up. If you earn £100,000 a year you get 50% tax but thats relative because they amounts under that are taxed differently so only that money over £99,999 is taxed 50%. I think its fair since I earn £18,000 a year. Given theres allot more poor than rich its good.

If you tax the crap out of the rich though.....then who is going to provide jobs for the poor? They don't need a quick fix hand out....they need jobs from people who have enough money to create them.

People complain about taxes in America without reason. One of our past times is to whine! LOL!

50% of 100k That's Robbery!! OMG I am glad I live here now.

My 100,000 pounds sterling is 160,000 USD to put pespective on it

Thats not robbery when you look at it after breaks etc. Besides, I don't want some greedy idiots taking all my hard earned cash, how many people who earn over 100,000 actually work hard? None that i've met.

If you tax the crap out of the rich though.....then who is going to provide jobs for the poor? They don't need a quick fix hand out....they need jobs from people who have enough money to create them.

People complain about taxes in America without reason. One of our past times is to whine! LOL!
    That doesn't make sense. You don't have to be rich to give poor jobs, you need a business that makes money and some profit for reinvestment. Having the rich give jobs to the poor is feudalism. Somthing we got rid of 430 years ago.

Business is based on needs and wants. If someone wants somthing, make it and sell it to them, you don't need to be rich to make somthing and start a business. Having a culture of rich and poor also makes people greedy and creates a class system which is inherantly unfair.

One of my best friends lives in the UK and we've discussed the tax structure there. Between the payroll taxes and sales tax (17%)....they are close to 43% of gross income to begin with.

This is why the government can fund a good health insurance program.

I think if you took their tax amount and what we pay in taxes and additionally for insurance.....it probably comes out the same. LOL!

I suspect the same is true of Canada and most European countries.

its very subjective to what you do with your money and how much you earn.

I don't know about you....but I don't earn near enough! My health insurance for an adult and 2 children is around $52 a week. I'm not sure of the current exchange rate...but right around 75 pounds for you. That's A LOT of money on either side of the pond!

Kids go free over here I pay around £60 a month...I'll need to find a paycheque to be sure though.

[quote="Merika"] My health insurance for an adult and 2 children is around $52 a week. I'm not sure of the current exchange rate...but right around 75 pounds for you. That's A LOT of money on either side of the pond![/quote

Have you applied for Florida Healthy Kids?

It covers some things....but not prescription and dental. It's not a real great comprehensive plan as kids get into driving and riding in cars with other friends plan.

Ofcourse for $42 a year per child....it's hard to beat.

can't you combine insurances or is it simply too expensive?
    My Daughter Rules!

Interesting thing I was just thinking about, you hear plenty of people complaining about welfare cheats and a leech class in society, but you don't hear them complaining about rich ass people cheating their way around our tax codes and dumping their money in tax shelters and what not. Anyway I honestly don't see the problem with social assistance programs, it is true that the rich will contribute more than they receive, but I do think that they owe it to the rest of society, and in the end even if they give up 40% of their money instead of 30% they still have a whole lot more money than me.

I've wondered the same thing dogula. I live on the Florida beaches and you can drive for miles and miles seeing houses costing 3-6 MILLION dollars and it's some person's friggin SUMMER HOUSE they use about 4 weeks out of the year! I mean....how much STUFF does a person need????

Ofcourse, it's thoughts like that which make communism look so good on paper...... HAHA!

[quote="dogula"] but you don't hear them complaining about rich ass people cheating their way around our tax codes and dumping their money in tax shelters and what not.quote]

Why shouldn't they hide their money, People of all classes do this and it is mostly for investment/ retirement issues, who the hell is the goverment to tell the american people that they can only invest $3,000. a year in to their IRA or 401K THEN you can't retire untill your 59 1/2 it's BS. That makes it impossible to retire.

Example say I or someone my age want's to retire when I am 50 goverment makes it impossible, what if a single person wants to work 2 jobs and invest the money for the 2nd job for retirement again it's impossible. It's a lose lose situation. because of class, taxes, and jellousy

I'm talking about someone who makes like $500,000 a year that hides their money from the government so they in effect get taxed less (percentage wise) then someone who is making 10 dollars and hour. It is illegal and unethical, and on top of it they are not paying their fair share.

They hide it in life insurance policies and annuities it's tax deferred eventually the taxes get paid but not untill several years later. I am not trying to start an argument dear, this is my profession I hide money for wealthy people I don't think it is wrong. nor do I think you are wrong I was just trying to show the other side

I wish MY big problem in life was having to hide my money! I can hide what I've got in the pocket of my purse!

Thread Information