Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bible Studies

Re: Bible Studies

Quote Originally Posted by IvyRose View Post
    My apologies go out to the community for offending anyone unintentionally. I did not attack any one poster, even if it may have seemed to be so.

It's common knowledge that in this day of a Political Correct Society, many of the Bible's verses is considered Hate Speech now. I keep up with current events on Religious texts daily, which is why I made (in my mind) the humorous remark.

However, while debating anything, there is no cause to tell some one to take their medications because they are not making any sense and screwed because they don't understand (in their mind) the Bible's interpretation. (Interpretation is key in humor, politics or religion.) It is up to the reader to interpret, misinterpret or take offense to anything written in text, not necessarily the author's.

It is considered discrimination in certain countries what was said to attack a poster and not the topic. Race, color or creed is included in discriminatory comments (not in current remarks), but little do people know that a certain poster's remark was just as inflammatory.
    This is very well said Ivy and I couldn't agree more. The problem in today's society is that everyone has a voice and everyone is doing their damnedest to make it heard. We have become TOO Politically correct and as a result you can't open up a newspaper, listen to the radio or watch the TV without hearing someone bitch about something.

I'm not saying that's what happened here but I can say that I do have doubts about equal and opposite reaction in this particular instance.

Everyone reacts to certain stimuli differently and that cannot be helped but what can be helped is the manner in how you handle this reaction.

As for personal attacks I may have glazed over that so my apologies.

Just for the record, there is never a point in time where personal attacks are considered justified; at least not around here.

This is not only limited to the Public Forums but to our Private Messaging System as well.
    My Daughter Rules!

Band of Others: Are you a Gamer looking for a home, look no more bro!

Ofear.com: Confronting fears, phobias, and panic attacks, in a friendly online community.

Movie Talk: Like discussing movies, tv and streaming media, well so do we.

Im not sure if anyone have watched the movie "Conjuring" and notice the end part after the movie ends.
    Evil exist... so does God.
    I personally feel that God has distance Himself from the world for it has become so corrupted. We all will know when the time comes.

In Christ I Trust.
    Sincerely.
    Life Should Be Adventures... Embrace Fear

www.entrepreneur-life.com

This is very well said Ivy and I couldn't agree more. The problem in today's society is that everyone has a voice and everyone is doing their damnedest to make it heard. We have become TOO Politically correct and as a result you can't open up a newspaper, listen to the radio or watch the TV without hearing someone bitch about something.
    I'm just going to stop you right there because the TOO Politically correct is exactly what I was laughing about. I didn't put it into words as well as you just did.

Pretty soon, someone is going to quote, "Jesus wept." The public is going to scream hate speech.

Some of it I agree with, some of it I don't. (The PC changes.)

@Kevin Dass: I absolutely loved "The Conjuring" and I agree with you. (Off Topic: I'm enjoying your website.)

Thread Information