Should the US take bin Laden's threat more seriously?

binnys back and he's not gonna take it anymore.

Our News (my bad ) I couldn't resist.

CNN

Essentially, it sounds like bin is saying pull out, we rebuild, no hard feelings,

or

stick around and we toast marshmellows on another 9/11.

I apologize for my candor with this latest news but I really have no idea how to feel about this latest development. After all, we've had "War on Terror" on our minds for so long and we've really only heard one side of it. Now the other side may have just spoken and I firmly believe there may be something in the message. Could this be a modern day Vietnam where the US has the numbers, the US has the resources, the US has the allies, but the underdog has nothing to loose and they'll die to save it?

Thoughts?
    My Daughter Rules!

Band of Others: Are you a Gamer looking for a home, look no more bro!

Ofear.com: Confronting fears, phobias, and panic attacks, in a friendly online community.

Movie Talk: Like discussing movies, tv and streaming media, well so do we.

Who can truley believe the promises of a terriorist?

Or the promise of Condoleezza Rice, that there is no torture going on in Europe, with approval of American Services?
    The butterfly counts not months but moments, and has time enough. - Rabindranath Tagore

Keep true to the dreams of your youth. - Friedrich Schiller

The only philosophy which can be responsibly practised in face of despair is the attempt to contemplate all things as they would present themselves from the standpoint of redemption. - Theodor Adorno

Quote Originally Posted by Stone
    Who can truley believe the promises of a terriorist?
    Who can afford not to?
    My Daughter Rules!

Ofear.com: Confronting fears, phobias, and panic attacks, in a friendly online community.

We don't take "threats" they do no good. who's to say we pulled out then they come here anyway? It's better for us to have the fight over there. Threats won't break us. :wink:

I wonder if you would feel the same if you saw an airplane flying toward your office window.

The thing about this is type of warfare is it's the innocents that pay the price for the countries stance. I'd rather see a bomb take out the whitehouse than see a truckbomb full of gasolene drive through a daycare.
    My Daughter Rules!

My American heritage has given me the balls to pull the trigger....face to face. No flinching....no hesitation...no guilt.

I'm glad it helped you but it didn't help your military decision makers one tiny bit. Didn't they have him in their sights more than once only to squander the opportunity?
    My Daughter Rules!

You probably don't want to know what I think but here it goes anyway:

Q. Do I think the U.S. should take the threats seriously?
    A. It really doesn't matter, the outcome will be the same.

With support for the "war on terror" fading, the bush administration will do whatever it takes to keep fear in the forefront of your mind, including perpetrating another serious attack on U.S. soil, as they did in the first place on Sept. 11th. Do I believe there will be another attack on the U.S.? Absolutely. Will it serve to meet the agenda of those leading this unjust war? Absolutely. Are they going to use thier puppet Bin Laden as an excuse to take away more of your rights while killing hundreds of thousands of innocent people? Absolutely. So in the end, it doesn't really matter because most people won't believe what's right in front of thier eyes anyway. All I can do is feel grief for the victims around the world and be thankful I'm a Canadian. At least until that damn Republican lap dog Steven Harper gets elected as Prime Minister on Monday. What a disgrace to our country that would be.

Ok I'm done now.

Sad to say Paul, I fear you are right. As for who perpetrates these attacks, it does not make any difference. There are tons of clues that people were aware what was going to happen, before the dawn of 9/11.

Hey, if that happens, we should organize a competition: who is the better lap dog? Steven Harper, or the aged Harry Potter, the Dutch have as a Prime Minister? (Jan Peter Balkenende)
    The butterfly counts not months but moments, and has time enough. - Rabindranath Tagore

Keep true to the dreams of your youth. - Friedrich Schiller

The only philosophy which can be responsibly practised in face of despair is the attempt to contemplate all things as they would present themselves from the standpoint of redemption. - Theodor Adorno

Ok....Bin Laden makes a tape threatening the US and the world....and you think it's Bush's fault?

That makes no sense.

Thread Information