Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

When you were 13....

"Doctor, I'd like you to evaluate my 13 year-old son."

"OK: He's suffering from a transient psychosis with an intermittent rage disorder, punctuated by episodic radical mood swings, but his prognosis is good for full recovery."

"How can you say all that without even meeting him?"

"I thought you said he's 13?"
    ---------------------------------------------

Someone sent me this and I thought it sounded just like MY 13 year old (almost 14).

Do you remember when you were that age and what you were thinking? I thought my parents were stupid. HAHA!

kass is turning 14 this month and the way she is at 13 is the way i was too. at 13, you're a drama queen or drama king, you know it all and the parents know nothing, you want to do what you want to do and get frustrated when the answer and no and you don't want to hear the word no. no isn't in the vocabulary.

oh, and for girls, the mirror is their best friend!
    Life is what you make of it. Make it happen.

I had a foster child who was 14 and that described him to a "T". Overall he was a good kid and will probably turn out fine, but he had his moments.

When I was that age, I was just discovering girls, but I was too shy to do much more than just talk to them. I think I was 15 before I ever really kissed a girl (not counting the sneaky little pecks I stole when I was younger).

HAHA.....my son and his buddies stalk the mall and shopping centers in hopes of getting ANY girl's phone number!!! Then after they get home, if they got lucky, they call her and pass around the phone. They are REAL happy though cause they actually got a phone number. They are all so silly.

I was horriffic. Extremely uncommnicative, extremely sensitive, very touchy, hating everyone that was crossing my way, God, I was a pest!

I wasn't really intouch with reality, I mean it was weird, all my emotions were so strong, dominating me... geesh, mom was public enemy number one!!!

I was a normal kid, in as far as my weirdness has existed long before and ever since. No interest in girls or whatsoever.
    The butterfly counts not months but moments, and has time enough. - Rabindranath Tagore

Keep true to the dreams of your youth. - Friedrich Schiller

The only philosophy which can be responsibly practised in face of despair is the attempt to contemplate all things as they would present themselves from the standpoint of redemption. - Theodor Adorno

I fall inlove for the first time when I was 13 (or 14, don't quite remember). It was WONDERFUL!!! He was much older tan I, we didn't even kiss, it was very ... special, almost spiritual! He gave me a bunch of flowers half dead right before he left that my mom threw away the very next day... I cried for one whole week NONSTOP (of course, I didn't give no explination to mom, LOL)!

I was a bit older when I first fell in love.

Although I had a nice "relationship" of some sorts, if you can call it that, with a girl for a long time since I was 4. When she had to give birthday treats she insisted it should be something else than oranges, because I did not like oranges.
    The butterfly counts not months but moments, and has time enough. - Rabindranath Tagore

The only philosophy which can be responsibly practised in face of despair is the attempt to contemplate all things as they would present themselves from the standpoint of redemption. - Theodor Adorno

13? That's what, grade 8? If so, I was a NEEEERRRRRRRDDDDDDDDDD! No for real...I used to compete to see who got the highest test scores....

lets see i was a nerd, i wore sweatpants, bad fashion choice, other then that not much different, no idea about girls, lots of pr0n, lol

I was always thinking about women.
    My Daughter Rules!

Band of Others: Are you a Gamer looking for a home, look no more bro!

Ofear.com: Confronting fears, phobias, and panic attacks, in a friendly online community.

Movie Talk: Like discussing movies, tv and streaming media, well so do we.

Boys at 13, what a nightmare. I remember feeling so greatful for not having a brother, LOL!

I don't remember when I was 13. I don't recall ever being an overly emotional type. My dad died when I was 9 and I always felt sorry for my mom so never wanted to do anything to hurt her more. I remember my brother telling her once that she was grumpy and I was so shocked that he could talk to her that way. I guess my teen years were somewhat uneventful.
    The brain is a wonderful organ; it starts working the moment you get up in the morning, and does not stop until you get to the office. (Robert Frost)

Awww ...how sweet tklady. I never wanted to hurt my mom's feelings either. I really went out of my way to try to please her....and still do. My kids have MOMENTS of kindness...but if they are mad at me....they certainly don't keep it to themselves.

I was rotten to my mother and now i feel bad that i was. lesson learned and returned. LOL!

I had my first boyfriend when i was 12. we kissed once and he got scared and ran home. he ended up moving away and i was so sad. i cried and cried and cried. it took me awhile to get over him. he was such a cutie.

I won him. LOL!! he liked me and this other girl and said whoever won the bike race wins him. i won and the other lost. she didn't speak to me after that but hey! it was a fair deal! LOL!!

kass is pretty good respect wise. she has her days and we straighten her out pretty quick. she's a good kid. krytal's respectful with all of us too these past few months.

I don't know about you but i hate teenagehood! YIKES!

Quote Originally Posted by Star

I don't know about you but i hate teenagehood! YIKES!
    ME TOO! It's like your beautiful wonderful child turns into someone you don't always recognize.

It is the other way around.
    Teenagehood is when your parents become suddenly evil, twisted and afraid that you would do something stupid (i.e. do the same as your parents). Then you are in for a ride ...

Quote Originally Posted by Vautrin
    It is the other way around.
    Teenagehood is when your parents become suddenly evil, twisted and afraid that you would do something stupid (i.e. do the same as your parents). Then you are in for a ride ...
    You probably have a point there!!! Even though...if I think one of the kids are doing something wrong....I'm usually right. I always remind my daughter she will have to get up pretty early in the morning to fool me.

Quote Originally Posted by Merika
    You probably have a point there!!! Even though...if I think one of the kids are doing something wrong....I'm usually right. I always remind my daughter she will have to get up pretty early in the morning to fool me.
    Perhaps you should print a certificate stating your skills, and perception of deception of one's parents. Thus reminding your daughter that the odds of fooling you are slim.

But then again, everytime she does not get caught, is a time you do not know of. You might think you have her perfectly under control, while at the same time ...

Oh...I don't have control of anything. Once she walks out of the house...she can do whatever she choses to do. I can only hope she makes the right decisions MOST of the time. She'll be 17 in a few months and isn't a baby anymore.

I hope her aspirations mean enough to her that she won't blow them on a stupid mistake....but if she does.... then it will prove she is more like me than she wants to admit. LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by Merika
    Oh...I don't have control of anything. Once she walks out of the house...she can do whatever she choses to do. I can only hope she makes the right decisions MOST of the time. She'll be 17 in a few months and isn't a baby anymore.

I hope her aspirations mean enough to her that she won't blow them on a stupid mistake....but if she does.... then it will prove she is more like me than she wants to admit. LOL!
    so true. once our kids walk out the door, we have no more control. we can only hope that they hear our nagging in their heads when they're about to do something wrong.

Kass tried to pull one over my eyes a few weeks ago. of course she didn't succeed and got grounded for 2 weeks of housecleaning daily (I love that punishment, she hates it )

I've always told my kids that no matter what they try and do behind my back, i'll know about it. been there, done that. they know they can't hide much from me.

Krystal is a LOT like me but in different ways.

Don't want to go there; too sad a time for me

Re: When you were 13....

Bumping it up. What were you like at 13?
    The brain is a wonderful organ; it starts working the moment you get up in the morning, and does not stop until you get to the office. (Robert Frost)

Thirteen...hmm. That would have been seventh grade. Well, I'll just say that I had to see a counselor for the first time and also got put on medication.

I doubt anyone would want to know what I was like at 13. But I’ve changed much since then, when I was extremely unpleasant, and vicious in a fight.

Thread Information