Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

State: Wal-Mart must carry emergency contraception

http://edition.cnn.com/2006/HEALTH/0...ion/index.html

I was not surprised at the result, I was surprised not to see the amount of money paid for it.

weak :roll:
    My Daughter Rules!

Band of Others: Are you a Gamer looking for a home, look no more bro!

Ofear.com: Confronting fears, phobias, and panic attacks, in a friendly online community.

Movie Talk: Like discussing movies, tv and streaming media, well so do we.

That pill reminds me of the idiot lights on your dashboard which tell you that your car is out of oil.

yeah, walmart should respond by closing all stores in the state. I think im gonna write them a letter and tell them that...anyway i was reading about the pill, it isnt that effective, if used as the main form of birth control it is about 90% and its less effective if its not used as the main form.

I know many of you see it as a failure, personally I think they did the right thing. I see it as the right to have another option.

I'm glad WalMart is now selling it since apparently these college educated women in Massachusettes are too friggin stupid to use a condom.

Quote Originally Posted by Merika
    I'm glad WalMart is now selling it since apparently these college educated women in Massachusettes are too friggin stupid to use a condom.
    The moment a woman uses a condom I am totally freaked out.

And condoms can break, or whatever. Making it useless as anti-conception, because it fails at the wrong moment.
    The butterfly counts not months but moments, and has time enough. - Rabindranath Tagore

Keep true to the dreams of your youth. - Friedrich Schiller

The only philosophy which can be responsibly practised in face of despair is the attempt to contemplate all things as they would present themselves from the standpoint of redemption. - Theodor Adorno

condoms have a better protection rate then the morning after pill.

It is useless to rely on condoms after one failed you. The white liquid is already there where it is not supposed to be then.
    The butterfly counts not months but moments, and has time enough. - Rabindranath Tagore

The only philosophy which can be responsibly practised in face of despair is the attempt to contemplate all things as they would present themselves from the standpoint of redemption. - Theodor Adorno

yeah thats true...condoms are about 97% effective, morning after pill about 90%...normal pill 99.9% so that is the best method, and condoms and normal pill is the safest combo because it protects somewhat against disease.

condoms are never useless to use. The first thing that should come to anyone's mind is condom if they're going to have sex. not just for birth but for a more important reason like STD's!!!!

I can't believe how many people there are out there that just think "it won't happen to me" with all the STD's out there!

If I were single, I'd be on the pill and using condoms. no glove, no love. simple.

and as for that morning after pill. what a crock that is. I'm sorry but that's just another excuse for people to be careless.
    Life is what you make of it. Make it happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Star
    no glove, no love.
    I TOTALLY AGREE!!!

The problem with condoms is, is that they can fail. Tear apart. And it is often visible just right after the act, which probably has a high freak-out rate for some people as well. There is one problem.
    Another problem might be, that bc-pills are quite heavy on some women, and thus that they need to change regularly because of all kinds of bad reactions. It will take a considerable amount of time again, before their new pils are effective.

Then we always have the case of rape. For which a woman cannot be prepared (unless she were on bc, but you are not going to take bc-pills just to not get pregnant in case of rape). Morning after quite handy it seems.

If you are taking the regular bc-pill, there is no reason to assume that it fails, so a morning after would not be required (but then again, in some countries sex education is clearly deficient, so people still opt for that).

Some people are careless.
    Over here, they kicked the bc-pills out of the national health care. And people above 21 were supposed to pay for it themselves. The expected results: 9,000 unwished for pregnancies, half of which would result in abortion. Can't see that as an improvement either (and as the costs for abortion are covered, it does not even save a single cent). And know that morning after pills are easily acquired here.

Ever been on the receiving end of a failing condom? And how long would a condom be part of your sexual life, if it is with only one partner? Would it not be simpler to get a check for STDs, and be done with the whole condoms (if proven safe of course)?

Studies show mifepristone is 92 percent to 95 percent effective in causing early abortion, by blocking action of a hormone essential for maintaining pregnancy. Without that hormone, progesterone, the uterine lining thins so an embryo cannot remain implanted and grow. The pill-induced abortion can be painful, causing bleeding and nausea. Heavy bleeding is a potentially serious side effect but one the FDA determined is rare. In safety testing of the first 2,100 American women who took mifepristone, four bled enough to need a transfusion.

It's not a simple 'morning after because I made a mistake pill'...it's an abortion pill.

yes condoms break, but they prevent pregnancy at a higher percentage then the morning after pill, and there are no side effects to using a condom. Also the pills are not cheap, $25 per dose. Condoms are a $1 or less a piece.

Quote Originally Posted by darkangelism
    yes condoms break, but they prevent pregnancy at a higher percentage then the morning after pill, and there are no side effects to using a condom. Also the pills are not cheap, $25 per dose. Condoms are a $1 or less a piece.
    DA you are making a mistake here. If you use the condom, you can always use the morning after pill (in case the condom breaks), but it does not work the other way around. So actually if you use a condom, suspect it has failed, and then the morning after pill, you have an even higher chance to prevent pregnancy.

yes that is a good reason to use it. But thats not why most people use it.

Of course, as you know DA, abstinance costs nothing!

I think there are more people than DA on here who know that statement is true.

lol, great to see you samson

I think there are more people than DA on here who know that statement is true.
    Could be right, but I'm only confident enough to speculate about DA's "condition." BTW, DA, I may be passing through OKC soon. If so, you may wanna take me up on my longstanding offer.

what longstanding offer?

what longstanding offer?
    You actually FORGOT it???? I remember it and he didn't even say it to me!

Does it involve strippers?

what longstanding offer?
    You actually FORGOT it???? I remember it and he didn't even say it to me!
    SHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.............

UM, DA..............nevermind........

Thread Information