Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Site performance

The server is slow again, and I even received an internal 500 error when posting. Not good. It takes a lot of time to even open threads, and the same holds for replying. Both in the generation of the module, as for the sending of the post to the server.

Don't know if it has been happening for longer, but it occured to me around 4.00 AM EST.

Thanks for pointing it out Vautrin! Is this a regular occurrence or is this sporadic in nature?

I stickied the topic so if anyone else experiences poor performance, please give it a date and time so I can look into it.
    My Daughter Rules!

Band of Others: Are you a Gamer looking for a home, look no more bro!

Ofear.com: Confronting fears, phobias, and panic attacks, in a friendly online community.

Movie Talk: Like discussing movies, tv and streaming media, well so do we.

Sometimes it goes a bit slow, but 'internal error 500' I had not seen in months. Now it is fine.[/i]
    The butterfly counts not months but moments, and has time enough. - Rabindranath Tagore

Keep true to the dreams of your youth. - Friedrich Schiller

The only philosophy which can be responsibly practised in face of despair is the attempt to contemplate all things as they would present themselves from the standpoint of redemption. - Theodor Adorno

I have to see how my finances are after this trip to Nelson. As it stands, I have to put close to $2000 into my car to get it back up to where it needs to be. I also may owe the gov't. some money so I may end up being strapped for the next 3 - 6 months.

Quite honestly, it's really the only reason we're not on or at least, testing a new server by now. :?
    My Daughter Rules!

Ofear.com: Confronting fears, phobias, and panic attacks, in a friendly online community.

I noticed it was running a little slow from time to time last week. I thought it was just my computer. I didn't get any error messages, but I wasn't on as much as usual.

I haven't run across any error messages myself but it is possible that the server is being over taxed. I'll re-boot it tonite when I get home and hopefully that will help.

I'll also check that E-Z Theme is configured properly because I'd hate to see site performance suffer due to the mail server being exploited, again :roll:
    My Daughter Rules!

Gotta like this performance :roll:

Page Generation: 141.6 Seconds

Monday March 13, 2006 @ 9:08 PM
    My Daughter Rules!

Received errors again, around 10.20 AM (Dutch time, 4.20 AM EST). links apparently did not exist to the posts.
    The butterfly counts not months but moments, and has time enough. - Rabindranath Tagore

The only philosophy which can be responsibly practised in face of despair is the attempt to contemplate all things as they would present themselves from the standpoint of redemption. - Theodor Adorno

I'm not sure what that time is in EST but I had restarted the server only about an hour ago
    My Daughter Rules!

Site performance extremely laggy again. I was not able to get on any network site for the past hour and a half or so.

Its been getting progressively worse over the past month or so it seems. I'll be moving lifesupporters.com and the other sites to the new servers this weekend.

Look for the official announcements coming to a forum near you.
    My Daughter Rules!

I know it's a lot of work moving all the sites over. Wish I could be of some help to you!

CP is down this morning. I emailed you a copy of the error report.

Its because I've moved .com to the new host not thinking that it would be a good idea to have the core install done for cp and ig. :?

In other words, it's my fault.
    My Daughter Rules!

Site speed shouldn't be an issue any longer so I'll unsticky this.

Quote Originally Posted by Duke
    speed shouldn't be an issue any longer so I'll unsticky this.
    Taking off the work 'site' made it a really funny statement!

Quite slow this morning and timed out twice so far....

Re:

It's because we're still not on the dedicated box. It looks like it could be mid-December or later by the time I've migrated the sites to the new server.
    My Daughter Rules!

Couldn't get on from 5:30 - 5:50 a.m. this morning, kept getting timed out

Similar issue existed for me, from 45 minutes ago till now.

Re:

Ya, I noticed it being spotty last night as well. The site was actually unresponsive for me a few times and appeared to be offline for as long as 5 - 10 minutes.
    My Daughter Rules!

I'd be happy to move the site to the new server for you buddy. We can hammer away on the new one then, and you won't have to worry about anymore downtime.

Quote Originally Posted by cb
    I'd be happy to move the site to the new server for you buddy. We can hammer away on the new one then, and you won't have to worry about anymore downtime.
    I've taken tomorrow off cb so when I finally get my lazy @rs3 out of bed, I'll hop on MSN and we'll hook up.

I can't afford the vB move right now because I'm financially challenged atm so it'll have to phpnuke until April or so.

The other problem is that I also need to move international-gathering and cashpirates as they are both subdomains which will need to point to the new nameservers.

BTW, do I have 3 IP's to play with, I can't remember?
    My Daughter Rules!

hehe, sounds good. I'm going to get a vB license for the site, we can worry about the money later.

The nameservers are ready to be switched over, there are more IPs as well. It looks like you have the sites ready on the new box, we just need to move them. We could split them up and do them, I have a good connection here so uploading is painless.

Re:

Well, if you can take installments over the next two monthly dedi payments, then I guess vB is the answer. The only thing I'd like to point out is that I'm still not sold on the main page and vB Advanced CMS as a whole. To be perfectly honest, I think it sux in it's current state so this is something we'll need to discuss at great length on the new site.

Also, it's imperative that lifesupporters.com be the top level domain because I don't want my PR to go to index.php, index.html, or any other google tap induced static address. I don't mind if the site also shows up on index.php or what have you, I just need the main domain .com and .net without the index crap.

The db on I-G is small and painless so it's an easy do. CP is a bit bigger but pales in comparison to the db for lifesupporters.com. Believe it or not, just querying a server for forum content on this one site took close to 3 GB last month alone 8O

Good thing we don't have an upload plugin.
    My Daughter Rules!

It took me a great deal to get on (site appeared to be off-line 2 hours ago), and the moment I do, I get all kinds of weird errors (debug mode).

Thread Information