Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    oklahoma
    Posts
    6,161

    my friend might move out here

    My friend who just visited me wants to move out here but cant decide if he should finish getting his 2nd degree, he has a history degree and is a year away from a business degree, he might just quit school and become a teacher out here but the pay sucks, or he stays in school and comes out next summer('07) He is miserable right now but the 2nd degree will get a better job, so im not sure what to tell him...is being happy now more important then a better job...i cant even say whether he will be happy long term or his depression will just come back after the life settles down again.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Florida, USA
    Posts
    13,201
    Is it a degree he can continue with an online reputable college or even finish up at Oklahoma State or something with night courses?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    oklahoma
    Posts
    6,161
    He would have to transfer to a school out here, but there are a bunch of schools in the area. Thats a good idea though, nobody else i talked to had that idea.


  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Florida, USA
    Posts
    13,201
    Quote Originally Posted by darkangelism
    He would have to transfer to a school out here, but there are a bunch of schools in the area. Thats a good idea though, nobody else i talked to had that idea.
    If it's true that wisdom comes with age....I'm so old now...I consider myself a walking encyclopedia.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    The center of the Universe; Toronto
    Posts
    3,126
    that's the first thing i thought of actually. see if he can do that. if he can't - tell him to stick it out and get that degree.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    oklahoma
    Posts
    6,161
    Quote Originally Posted by Merika
    Quote Originally Posted by darkangelism
    He would have to transfer to a school out here, but there are a bunch of schools in the area. Thats a good idea though, nobody else i talked to had that idea.
    If it's true that wisdom comes with age....I'm so old now...I consider myself a walking encyclopedia.

    well my dad just got AARP membership, so yor not that old.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Florida, USA
    Posts
    13,201
    Quote Originally Posted by darkangelism
    Quote Originally Posted by Merika
    Quote Originally Posted by darkangelism
    He would have to transfer to a school out here, but there are a bunch of schools in the area. Thats a good idea though, nobody else i talked to had that idea.
    If it's true that wisdom comes with age....I'm so old now...I consider myself a walking encyclopedia.

    well my dad just got AARP membership, so yor not that old.
    HAHA! Actually they sent me a membership package in the mail and the kids teased me about it like crazy! In just a few years I'll qualify for the McDonald's Sr Citizen discount!

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    oklahoma
    Posts
    6,161
    well my friend might move here at the en of this semester as he will prolly fail some classes and his family will stop paying. I think though he is delusional about what its gonna be like, like it will be me and him partying and doing stuff, wheras more realistically we will do some stuff but will have our own lives. i just need to find the right way to tell him that without being too harsh.


  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Florida, USA
    Posts
    13,201
    As you get a serious career job and have responsibilities, your college partying days may suffer a great deal. You have no choice but to let him know your JOB is going to come first. If he moves there without the financial blessing of his parents....he may very well end up as a big weight for you to end up feeling responsible for.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    oklahoma
    Posts
    6,161
    yeah i have no idea how much money he will have, hopefully a few months worth of rent, he is going to try and teach public school, so it shouldnt be that hard to get a job.


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. To move or not to move...
    By ThisGuyIKnow in forum Jobs, Careers
    Replies: 47
    Last Post: 04-08-2008, 07:19 PM
  2. Webhost Move
    By Duke in forum Welcome to Lifesupporters
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-25-2006, 07:42 PM
  3. My friend wants me to move to St. Louis with her
    By darkangelism in forum Friends and Family
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 09-16-2005, 03:07 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •