Thread: Fallen Soldiers

Fallen Soldiers

I recieved this in email from a dear friend of mine. Her husband is a retired Vietnam Vet and her son is in the Marines currently in Iraq.
    She supports the war, as most of the military families do, but asks for prayers for all the soldiers and their families.

Sent: Wednesday, November 03, 2004 3:58 PM
    Subject: RE: Another soldier

I know that most of you are keeping our troops in your prayers. Please continue to do so.

Our son's unit took another hit. There was one wounded, and another killed. Of the 23 men in the unit, only 16 now remain.

Please, also, remember the families of those fallen heroes. They too deserve our best.

Thanks,

Sleep in peace always, and please... hug or thank a veteran for that privilege.

I really sympathize with the soldiers who died and were injured in this war. I support them and their families for their courage.

Don't hate me though, not sure I support the war anymore.
    My Daughter Rules!

Band of Others: Are you a Gamer looking for a home, look no more bro!

Ofear.com: Confronting fears, phobias, and panic attacks, in a friendly online community.

Movie Talk: Like discussing movies, tv and streaming media, well so do we.

Re: Fallen Soldiers

Quote Originally Posted by Merika
    Sleep in peace always, and please... hug or thank a veteran for that privilege.[/b]
    That made me cry I always forget to do that and I have a faimly full of vets... they will all get hugs tonight now, I will keep your friend's son in my prayers... is it who I think it is?

I have a very dear friend in Iraq right now. I worry about him constantly and the part of me that thinks it will do any good says a prayer for him several times a day. He is married and has 4 kids. He's supposed to come home in March and I pray he does. I don't watch the news anymore and I so do not support the war now. We've done our good deed and it's time to turn it over to the Iraq people, or at least to the UN.

Those people don't want our help, for the most part. I say lets get out of there and let them self destruct. They've been fighting since biblical times, what makes us so pompus to think we're going to stop them now?
    STOP MOUNTAIN TOP REMOVAL

I've flopped back and forth on the thing since the beginning. Bascially, I understand why we are there....but I wish we would've handled it another way.

Stoneheather.....I'm not sure who you are talking about. This is from someone who posts as 'Ladywings' on several military family support threads. Her son is in Iraq. His wife gave birth about 3 weeks ago.

I know other people over there also. Some have come home. Most of them believe in what they are doing. I respect that....and support them. It's all I can do.

Thread Information