Republican Presidentail Candidate Straw Polls (thus far)

Looks like it's going to be a heated race between Giuliani and Allen for the Repulican Presidentail Ticket. I would be happy with either one...probably more prone to go with Giuliani.

Main Ballot: Giuliani 2561 (29.1%)
    Allen 2451 (27.9%)
    Romney 1541 (17.5%)
    Undecided 904 (10.3%)
    McCain 586 (6.7%)
    Brownback 322 (3.7%)
    Frist 233 (2.7%)
    Huckabee 194 (2.2%)

This one actually had a wider gap than I thought it would.
    Iran:
    Military Action When Possible 3675 (41.8%)
    Ask Congress 2061 (23.4%)
    Ask the UN for Sanctions 2007 (22.8%)
    Wait and See 623 (7.1%)
    Undecided 426 (4.8%)

------------------------------

i think a guiliani-romney or mcain ticket would be unstopable...though im not sure guliani will run.

If Romney gets it, then he had better take massachusetts otherwise its a waste.

I just like the sound of a "Huckabee and Brownback" ticket.

Imagine all the cool bumper stickers!

What rhymes with Huck-a-bee?

I voted for Bareback!

Quote Originally Posted by Samson
    I just like the sound of a "Huckabee and Brownback" ticket.

Imagine all the cool bumper stickers!

What rhymes with Huck-a-bee?

I voted for Bareback!
    I don't even know what the h*ll you are talking about!

Quote Originally Posted by darkangelism
    i think a guiliani-romney or mcain ticket would be unstopable...though im not sure guliani will run.

If Romney gets it, then he had better take massachusetts otherwise its a waste.
    I'm not overly fond of McCain....I try to like him but just have a hard time going there. I agree with alot of what he says but he always seems to say it at the wrong time and the wrong place.

samson was refering to two of the people in the poll

I think Mccain is centrist enough to win.

Quote Originally Posted by darkangelism
    samson was refering to two of the people in the poll

I think Mccain is centrist enough to win.
    HA! I'm an idiot sometimes!

I don't know if McCain will get much support from the Republican old timers.....but I do agree with you.

huckabee? sounds like a redneck to me lol

Sounds like the same ol' crap to me ....no one worth anything running for president again.

I wish Ross Perot would run for pres again. Did you know he litterally bought American P.O.W's from Vietnam with his own money back in the 70's, when our government turned their backs on them? If there's anyone that ever ran for pres that i respect, besides JFK, it was him. Too bad people were too stupid to understand all those little charts when he ran last time, i understood em and they made a lot of sence to me, he really was trying to fix the problems in this country, the man is a Patriot. Personally, i think he was our last chance to get power restored to the people of this country, and people here were just too dumb to see it.

I don't really support anyone from either party, they both seem corrupt and dishonest to me. I only vote Republican just because i have no one else who represents me in office. God help us we need some kind of change in this country. I wish i could run for president, i would restore the power to the people or die trying. I'd be like Kennedy, they would have to kill me to stop me.

Re:

Sounds like the same ol' crap to me ....no one worth anything running for president again.
    I agree. It's just voting for the lesser of two evils.

I agree. It's just voting for the lesser of two evils.
    That's exactally how i feel, this is simply the fight between two idealist parties for the control of our nation without our consent. The economy is in shambles, we can't secure our borders, we are in a war most Americans don't support anymore ...i only supported it cause i knew we were going to have to do something about him sooner or later anyways and i always support our troops, no matter what! Once they have been sent over to fight the discussion is over, it's time to back them up! Old people are eating dog food cause they have to make a choice between medicines to save their life or food ...and these are people who have paid social security their entires lives and they will never get back what they have put in. Mainly due to illegals who just steal everything they can from our system and politicians who feel it's important to take care of everyone in the world except the people who live here legally. Houses are more expensive than they have ever been in our history, now not even both providers working full time, in good jobs, can afford to buy a house and raise a family anymore. Hell, they can't even hardly afford to rent a house much less buy one. I think i read something that said more than 75% of households who have bought houses in the last ten years have had to creatively finance their purchase. There's something wrong when a college graduate with a four year degree, like myself, has a hard time getting a good job after school that will pay the bills, but that's exactally what's going on, i am having a hard time finding a decent job in my field. And i am absolutely NOT willing to dig holes or flip burgers, that's not why i have studied my ass off and gotten myself into debt to this degree, besides i couldn't even pay my loans off with a crappy job like that. I'm gonna have to go to a masters degree just to get a fairly good paying job. We need some kind of change, soon!!

Speaking of houses, my uncle bought his house for 700k in arizona when the boom started (so it already went up quite a bit), he just sold it for 1.3 million.

My cousin just bought a house last year, it was originally 185k, he waited a few months, and it jumped to 250k. It's now valued at 450k...

His rental property, that he bought for 80k, is now worth 250k.

My aunt and uncle build their house 18 years ago (its huge) for just over 100k. It's worth 500k now. Their lot they have been sitting on for years is worth 700k (in land locked Tempe). They bought it for 60k way back when.

It's stupid, how the hell are normal people supposed to buy a house in arizona? I wanted to move there all my life, and I'm not even considering it now. I remember when I was younger looking at all the nice houses that were going for 60-75k....they are now worth anywheres from 4-600k. We shoulda moved when we had the chance, oh well.

That's the kind of examples i'm thinking of, i can understand property values going up, but at this rate it is not healthy for the stability of this economy or this country. There has to be a celing somewhere, if this dosen't stop soon i'm afraid this enonomy is going to collapse. Maybe that's exactally what we need to change things, another depression. The way i look at it, a depression is just the redistribution of wealth in this country anyway so maybe it would be a good thing.

I think back to black tuesday, or what ever it was called, and i think if things were that bad back then, what is it like now. If Bush Sr. wouldn't have placed a freeze on the stock market when he did would the market have collapsed? I think it would have. I truly believe he only put a freeze on he the stock market to save his rich friends and his political party from total collapse. It's a natural occurance for the markets to collapse after all the wealth has been accumulated by a minimal number of people, if they don't re-invest that money back into the system, and in America, the system will eventually fail ...either by depression or by civil unrest. That's the reason i believe in a fair tax system based on taxing people based only on a percentage of what they earn, it's a fair tax system that dosen't afford tax loopholes to the ultra wealthy. If you earn less, you pay less. If you earn more, you pay more. Isn't that a fair system?

The wealthy eat up more natural resources etc ...than the average person, yet they do not pay into the tax system like the rest of us do. It's a documented fact that 52% of all material wealth in this country belongs to only 5% of the population. think about it every second building you look at in a day, or every other financed car probably belongs to the same person. Yet the majority of all taxes in this country are paid by average families making between 50 and 150 thousand a year. The others are so poor they can't hardly survive on their own, the old, single moms living on welfare, etc.. they live on what is considered below the poverty level, the illegals living andworking in this country are making more money than they are.

I know no one ever said life was supposed to be fair, and i don't expect it to be fair. However, i do expect to be able to make a living and have some type of a future, or at least hope for that future, especially living in this country!!!! If i don't even have the hope that my future will be better than my past, then i guess there is no reason to fight for this country anymore either, as i am not allowed to participate in or take part in the great American dream why should i fight for it. Why should i, or other Americans, like the guys in Iraq, fight for a system that hinders every attempt to better our lives? It's not that i or other Americans are living beyond our means, it's that year after year we are deliberatly being suppressed by those who are afraid that we empower ourselves and take our country back again. I attribute all of this to these problems to just two parties, we need someone to give Americans hope again. JFK was very good at that. In his time he was emblematic of honesty, patriotism and innocence. I belive this inspired Americans to greater causes than just themselves. When he was murdered we lost all those things and America hasn't been the same since.

I guess i'm just rambling on, sorry. It's just i have a very passionate love affair with my country and i want things to get better, and i see it going the other way and it disheartens me alot.

Re:

That's the kind of examples i'm thinking of, i can understand property values going up, but at this rate it is not healthy for the stability of this economy or this country. There has to be a celing somewhere,
    Property values are ridiculous. My husband and I are saving to buy a house but by the time we get what we consider a large amount saved to pay down it won't be but a fraction of what we'll need.

That's the reason i believe in a fair tax system based on taxing people based only on a percentage of what they earn, it's a fair tax system that dosen't afford tax loopholes to the ultra wealthy. If you earn less, you pay less. If you earn more, you pay more. Isn't that a fair system?
    I think there should be a flat tax. If you make $1000 a year you should pay $100 in taxes...if you make a million a year you should have to pay $100,000.00. Is that kind of what you're talking about?

Yet the majority of all taxes in this country are paid by average families making between 50 and 150 thousand a year. The others are so poor they can't hardly survive on their own, the old, single moms living on welfare, etc.. they live on what is considered below the poverty level, the illegals living andworking in this country are making more money than they are.
    I personally think it's disgracefull that a country that is as big, wealthy, and powerful as the United States of America has parts of the country that are just as poor as 3rd world countries. Take a drive through rural southern West Virgina and eastern Kentucky, or the inner city of nearly every large city and tell me why we send so much money overseas when our own people could benefit from it.

I guess i'm just rambling on, sorry. It's just i have a very passionate love affair with my country and i want things to get better, and i see it going the other way and it disheartens me alot.
    I hate to say this...but it's probably going to take something as drastic as another depression or worse to get the American people to wake up and take their country back from the f'ing rich politicians.

I think there should be a flat tax. If you make $1000 a year you should pay $100 in taxes...if you make a million a year you should have to pay $100,000.00. Is that kind of what you're talking about?
    Yes that's exactally what i was thinking about, a flat tax. It's a fair system, reguardless of what the politicians say or believe, and it needs to be implimented.

I personally think it's disgracefull that a country that is as big, wealthy, and powerful as the United States of America has parts of the country that are just as poor as 3rd world countries. Take a drive through rural southern West Virgina and eastern Kentucky, or the inner city of nearly every large city and tell me why we send so much money overseas when our own people could benefit from it.
    Very true, i agree it's disgusting. And just think most of these people join the military because they have no other choice. In a country like this shouldn't there be a greater disbursment of the wealth, WILLINGLY? Do we really have to have people so poor they are litterally compairable to the third world countries in Mexico. Darn it this country is supposed to be different, we are supposed to love and care for our people. Let the other countries oppress their peoples.

I hate to say this...but it's probably going to take something as drastic as another depression or worse to get the American people to wake up and take their country back from the f'ing rich politicians.
    Unfortunately i agree, i think it's going to take something drastic for Americans to finally stand up and say "ok we've had enough time for a change" but because we are so apathetic and trust these worms we elect to do what we ask them to do they manipulate us and abuse their powers.

You know, we finally got Washington to recognize there is a problem along our border, IT'S NOT SECURE!! My neice, who is 9, understands that problem. So what happens, George Bush decides he wants play great leader to the American people goes to Texas and Arizona does a photo op along the border saying he's going to close down the border once and for all. Then he goes back to Washington and tries to impliment some type of amnesty program with the freaking Democrats for all the illegals that are here now. The rotton ***** that killed 2000+ people on Sept 11 were here ILLEGALLY and because no attempt to kick those scumbags out was made thousands of people paid with their lives. Hello, Bueler, what is it about closing down the border and getting illegal people out of this country that Washington dosen't understand? WE WANT THEM OUT!!!! NOW!!!

It really angers me to see Bush use 911 to advocate the war in Iraq saying "this is the greatest last great threat to our country and the entire free world", then he turns right around fights against the secure border initative. The rat fink is fighting it because he knows American Co's hire those illegal dirtbags for half the price they would pay American citizen's, he dosen't represent the American people he represents his party and the people who finance his party, and the people who finance his party also hire illegals to work for them!!. I've seen Americans turn down jobs before, but i've never seen an American turn down a GOOD job before. I would pick lettuce if it payed enough, and i have a feeling others would as well. But these illegals aren't taking jobs picking lettuce anymore they are taking construction jobs and jobs in restaurants and jobs Americans need to sustain their families and at one time they used to get payed rather well for. Either he dosen't give two shakes about this country and the people init or the threat isn't that great in the first place. Actually, i think it's both myself. GAWD, i'm so disgusted whith this country anymore i just wana scream and throw a hissy fit like a little baby. LOL ok now that that is out of my system :roll:

Re:

I've seen Americans turn down jobs before, but i've never seen an American turn down a GOOD job before. I would pick lettuce if it payed enough, and i have a feeling others would as well. But these illegals aren't taking jobs picking lettuce anymore they are taking construction jobs and jobs in restaurants and jobs Americans need to sustain their families and at one time they used to get payed rather well for. Either he dosen't give two shakes about this country and the people init or the threat isn't that great in the first place.
    If they would kick all the illegals out then companies would have to compete for employees which would raise salaries and the overal economic well being of our country and we can't be having that now can we? :roll:

Eighty-nine percent of American households were food secure throughout the entire year 2002, meaning that they had access, at all times, to enough food for an active, healthy life for all household members. The remaining households were food insecure at least some time during that year. The prevalence of food insecurity rose from 10.7 % in 2001 to 11.1 % in 2002, and the prevalence of food insecurity with hunger rose from 3.3 % to 3.5 %. This report, based on data from the December 2002 food security survey, provides statistics on the food security of U.S. households, as well as on how much they spent for food and the extent to which food-insecure households participated in Federal and community food assistance programs.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poverty...ure_of_poverty

Um....89%.....EIGHTY FREAKING NINE PERCENT?!? That means there are people in the USA that need some of that money and food that we send over seas and spend on illegals! *Shakes head* 89%....

One person in the 48 contiguous U.S. states and Washington, D.C. -- $8,590
    One person in Alaska -- $9,890
    One person in Hawaii -- $10,730
    Two people in the 48 contiguous U.S. states and Washington, D.C. -- $11,610
    Four people in the 48 contiguous U.S. states and Washington, D.C. -- $17,650
    http://ask.yahoo.com/20010903.html

Who are they kidding? How are you supposed to raise 2 kids on $17,650 a year? I think anything below $28,000 a year for a family of 4 should be considered povertly level. Considering that it cost an estimated $13,037 per year to raise a child, a family with two children that make $30,000.00 a year should be considered at povertly level.

http://www.babycenter.com/costofchil...questid=379776

That's all just MHO.....

OMG 37 million people are below the offical poverty level in 06? This is freaking disgusting, in a country like this why should there be so many people in such desperation? These numbers are totally preventable, it's apathy by the public and crooked legistators which has made the situation the way it is.

You know, I used to be an employer myself when i had my general contracting business in Denver, i admit i used to hire illegals to work for me but i hated doing it, none of them spoke freaking englisha nd they always stole things from me, however, it was the only way my business could possibly survive. I couldn't afford to pay 14 bucks an hour to a qualified legal carpenter. Every once in a great while i would have a legal resident apply for a job, and i was always happy to get them, but only when they were in need of an infusion of money or trying to learn a new trade. I know of a lot of carpenters that if i could have paid 14 bucks an hour they would have worked for me in an instant, but i just couldn't afford to pay them. The price of materials, taxes, insurance etc.. etc.. etc.. just ate me alive. Too much govt interference, always having to hire lawyers to sue someone for money for completed jobs i got stiffed on, never being able to find qualified help, thefts, etc etc etc just did not make owning a business worth it. When small businesses fail because of too much govt interference and thetfs etc this country is in big trouble, and i think we are seeing that today with the great disparagement between the classes. this reminds me of the time just before the great depression. The middle-class people are disappearing like the dodo bird, in a few years i truly believe the middle-class will be a concept of the past. It will be the super rich and the ultra poor.

Who are they kidding? How are you supposed to raise 2 kids on $17,650 a year? I think anything below $28,000 a year for a family of 4 should be considered povertly level. Considering that it cost an estimated $13,037 per year to raise a child, a family with two children that make $30,000.00 a year should be considered at povertly level.
    I know, don't you just love the way they distort the numbers? I think they purposely distort those numbers so it dosen't look the way it really is. Just think, if you had the real numbers the 89% would prolly be actually about 93-94% leaving what, 6 or 7% of the population that could be ultra wealthy or middle-class, and i already know for a fact that 5% of this country are classiflied ultra wealthy, so that leaves about 1 maybe 2% of Americans in the middle class? Looks like middle-class Americans are already extinct. I wonder how long this will go on before there is a revolution in this country, people have got to be getting sick of this crap ...i know i am. Maybe the L.A. riots and Timmothy McVeigh are only the begining of what is to come? I remember the popularity of militias just before Mc Veigh blew up that building, if a person didn't know better i would think it could have been a ploy to disuade people from joing those groups. If i was a rich person who had alot to lose by Americans trying to restore power to themselves it might be worth it to hire someone like McVeigh to blow up a building. First, it would get these people on the "newly formed" terrorist list, and second it would prevent more groups from forming. I mean McVeigh could have been a disinformation/propaganda machine patsy, right? Governments use this kind of tactic all the time to keep their people quiesent, i don't believe this Govt would be any different. LOL, ok i could be streching a little bit, but what if it was true?

Thread Information