Why does God give rules?

Dad: Don't play out in the street.
    Son: Why?
    Dad: Because it's dangerous.
    Son: But the other kids are doing it.
    Dad: I'm just dealing with you. This is YOUR rule.
    Son: But it's fun.
    Dad: It won't be fun if you get hit by a car.
    Son: I'm not a baby, I'll be careful.
    Dad: You'll get distracted and perhaps forget to be careful.
    Son: I want to chose for myself.
    Dad: I can't stop you, I can only advise you.
    Son: You are just mean with all your stupid rules.
    Dad: I just love you.

This is the same relatinship we have with God. He never gives 'meanie rules' to make your life not fun. He gives 'advice' to help His children avoid the pitfalls and dangers of life.

More often than not, we will 'play in the road' anyway and then wonder why things went terribly wrong.

So true!!

That's beautiful, Merika. Really beautiful.

We're so eager to have fun and so scared not to miss anything that the result cannot be anything but disastrous. Everyone needs God, no matter what.

My family was always religious, but I listen to my dad and mom because of respect, and because I know they love me and care about me. God which is above any human being or creature in this universe, he would have no intrest to give this rules not to obey him. He gives most of his rules to protect us from satan and his bad ways, and evil people that wonder this earth. Like any person I sin, but I try to stick to his rules as much as I can!

Quote Originally Posted by Stephan
    but I listen to my dad and mom because of respect,
    I think the word 'respect' is the key word here. It seems so many of the younger generation has lost that. I don't know if we as parents have caused that to happen....or exactly what did. I do GREATLY notice that the kids raised within more church oriented families do have a tendency to be respectful. Not always the case....but more often than the other way around.

Re: Why does God give rules?

I saw a Guest reading this and brought it back up for those that haven't seen it yet.
    Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.

True love is wanting to give to another person without any thought about
    who’s getting the better of the deal.

Love always creates, it never destroys. In this lie's man's only promise

~All quotes by Leo Buscaglia

God doesn't give us rules at all........mankind makes them up as he goes along.

you see it depends on the interpretation by different religions of God's rules and his alleged views etcetera, because I would hardly say advocating the condemnation of homosexuals as a rule that is looking out for said people.

I tend to agree that God doesn't make the rules, he sets guidelines for us to follow based off our own interpretation of said guidelines.

If God did indeed make rules then would he not have taken away free will?
    My Daughter Rules!

Band of Others: Are you a Gamer looking for a home, look no more bro!

Ofear.com: Confronting fears, phobias, and panic attacks, in a friendly online community.

Movie Talk: Like discussing movies, tv and streaming media, well so do we.

God is our Father whom has tried to let us know what the dangers are out there. Just as children - His children, our guardians warned us not to touch a hot stove, because it will burn us and make us hurt.

God doesn't want us to hurt either, so He set guidelines and has told us wonderful stories to try and get us through our days on Earth without hurting so much.

Just like any good parent, God does not condemn us if we do touch that hot stove out of curiosity or even defiance. He still loves us and takes us in his arms with an open heart.

Since God isn't human or even a physical being, I believe that it is considered incorrect to refer to this energy as "he" "He" does not set guidelines, "He" is not responsible for religion or religious rules, man is. Man needs to have some kind of leverage in order to control others, so God is the creation used to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by LovingSpirit View Post
    Since God isn't human or even a physical being, I believe that it is considered incorrect to refer to this energy as "he"
    I was taught that in written form to always capitalize "He" and refer to God as "He" or "Him." Some others may find it disrespectful if not done in this way. Sometimes I do forget to do this and have offended some people previously. Not trying to offend anyone, really. I'm not all that Religious either, I consider myself 'Spiritual.'

Whether all Deities ever existed really isn't for me to decide. I'm rather non-denominational and enjoy studying all Religions and their origins they transpired from. Even if it's just a "Higher Power," I believe we're not alone in this Universe. I have even indulged in the thought of Alien Beings.

"He" does not set guidelines, "He" is not responsible for religion or religious rules, man is. Man needs to have some kind of leverage in order to control others, so God is the creation used to do that.
    Some believe that God spoke to man and man wrote the rules that God set forth. Of course, if this theory was practiced today, that person would certainly be taken to the Nut Hut by men in white coats.

Science has really taken over as far as what modern people do believe in. Of course, my personal belief is, that with the questions and continual speculations of the Bible itself as well as knowing what my government can do... Well...

Let's just say that I believe that there are certain rules that have been toyed with a great deal in order to try and manipulate the people of the nations.

*Puts on tin foil hat*

Quote Originally Posted by IvyRose View Post
    *Puts on tin foil hat*
    *Puts on tin foil hat and sits next to IvyRose on the sofa*

Regarding the alien bend you were speaking of in your last post. The bible is rife with alien encounters and ancient biblical art is rife with spacecraft......seriously. I can post links for anyone interested.

I absolutely love that picture! Hahahahaha!

Oh and please do post links, even if it's private to me. Don't care if it's a conspiracy theory website or not, I hang out in most of them anyway.

These websites are my favorites on this topic
    NIBIRU, PLANET X, ANCIENT ASTRONAUTS, NASA, MARS, EARTH

Christian art, UFO pictures, aliens, Jesus Christ, and ascension

These are excellent also
    Nephilim - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Who Were the Nephilim?

And.....some lower grade websites just for giggles. Not my first choice for information, but fun and interesting nonetheless.
    EZEKIEL'S WHEEL: SPACESHIP OR STARGATE?"

UFO links from Alien Resistance, Roswell NM

UFORC.com: UFO PROPHECY Part-I

This is why I have a difficult time believing in the God of my childhood. And as a child, I had many "dreams" of aliens and space craft and have vivid memories of seeing a UFO when I was in the fifth grade. Were they dreams or visitations? I'll probably never know, but since childhood I've had a preoccupation with aliens and UFO's, crop circles etc.

In the early days of creation, terminology was much different than it is today. We have words now that didn't exist then. Take the words Angel and Alien. In the begining of time, there was no such word as alien so it would be natural to call the beings that came from the sky Angels, and not so unusual for us to use the term Alien in this day and age. I think both are the one in the same.

That's enough out of me for the moment. I could go on and on. Maybe it will spark some great conversation.

Hello my name is LovingSpirit and I am from the Orion constellation.
    Last edited by LovingSpirit; 07-13-2010 at 06:05 PM.

I enjoyed your websites, LovingSpirit. Whether credible or not, I just don't discount much of anything. I've seen a lot of things and have had the company of Science Fiction authors, Paranormal Investigators and Clergymen that were all in the same situation I was in a few years ago. Of course, we were deemed insane, but it's very hard to believe that everyone who has witnessed similar things are all insane. I guess that's where the Men In Black come in. You didn't really see this, you are all insane!!!

I did read a theory on Alien Beings not only helping or even creating the evolution of mankind's existence, but also bringing religions to mankind in order to develop our civilization. It's our ongoing process of evolution. It teaches us how to act civilized and an abundant of other things. Even questioning it is the evolutionary process.

Once we gain control of our emotions, we can all become Gods and we can live here on Earth with Peace. It even says in so many words of this in the Bible(s) of most major religions. It also theorized that the angels people were witnessing, may have been aliens as well. Even speculated that Jesus was an alien. He also did mention that he believed the aliens believed in God as well and that the aliens are our protectors and keep meteors from destroying our planet while we evolve.

It's interesting, none-the-less. It's not much less believable than any other religion.

Quote Originally Posted by Merika View Post
    Dad: Don't play out in the street.
    Son: Why?
    Dad: Because it's dangerous.
    Son: But the other kids are doing it.
    Dad: I'm just dealing with you. This is YOUR rule.
    Son: But it's fun.
    Dad: It won't be fun if you get hit by a car.
    Son: I'm not a baby, I'll be careful.
    Dad: You'll get distracted and perhaps forget to be careful.
    Son: I want to chose for myself.
    Dad: I can't stop you, I can only advise you.
    Son: You are just mean with all your stupid rules.
    Dad: I just love you.

This is the same relatinship we have with God. He never gives 'meanie rules' to make your life not fun. He gives 'advice' to help His children avoid the pitfalls and dangers of life.

More often than not, we will 'play in the road' anyway and then wonder why things went terribly wrong.
    Kinda misses the core of Christian theology though doesn't it? For example, if you read Galatians it teaches that the Law (the rules) were not given for righteousness sake. In other words, God didn't give his rules in order to make us better people or righteous people.

He gave us the rules in order for us to see what true goodness/righteousness is, realize how far we actually fall short of God's righteousness, and see our need for Christ who imputes HIS righteousness to us as a free gift through faith alone.

You forgot to mention that He also gives us a choice.

We all have choices.

Thread Information