Government's Responsibility to Citizens

Do you think that we, as citizens, demand too much out of our government in terms of helping us thru life instead of taking care of ourselves?

No...just look what's happened to our Medical System here in Canada...people dying in hallways...just one example...

We have government financed free medical programs for lower incomes and to be quite honest, it's not the best. It's okay for kids and emergencies, but you really don't get the same treatment options or quality service as an adult. I have been in the hospital with and without insurance and I know for sure there is a big difference. This is the main reason people here fuss about having to pay for private health insurance but they really don't want government insurance. What they want is for the government to pay for first class health care and it's not gonna happen. Not as long as we have surgeons who demand a million a year.

I believe some people rely too heavilly on the government. And also, in a way, the government relies too much on teh government.
    Take a look at the people down in louisianna who went through katrina.

Things that are getting done there are being done so slowly because the government is trying to do everything themselves and saving some money instead of hiring out to private places and getting it done quick.
    on that note, I'm thinking about a problem they'e having getting rid of thousands and thousands of junk cars.

Thread Information