Thread: Powell resigned

Powell resigned

Colin Powell to quit Bush cabinet
    Colin Powell Colin Powell submitted his resignation on Friday
    US Secretary of State Colin Powell is resigning but is expected to stay in his post until a successor is found.
    He submitted his resignation to the president on Friday and told staff on Monday, his department officials said.
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/4013621.stm

Good bye, last moderate voice of the US.

Powell never wanted to serve more than one term. He stated this early on when taking the position.

I would suspect due to the death of Arafat....that Powell didn't want to get into the very demanding position of dealing with the complicated and time consuming peace negotiations at the age of 67.

The media will try to make it one....but it's not a political statement....it was an expected choice.

What a wuss, suck it up big guy.
    My Daughter Rules!

Band of Others: Are you a Gamer looking for a home, look no more bro!

Ofear.com: Confronting fears, phobias, and panic attacks, in a friendly online community.

Movie Talk: Like discussing movies, tv and streaming media, well so do we.

The word within the GOP (Republican Party) is that he may run against Hillary in the Senator position in New York in 2006.

If Powell were to beat Hillary in New York, and there's a good chance he will, much of the momentum behind the "Hillary for President" bandwagon would be dissipated.

Powell has announced he thought the idea of Hillary had "great potential," and said he planned to speak to the Secretary of State directly about making the run.

That would be good news for me since I dislike her more than that BUFFOON she is married to.

Thread Information