Barack Obama for President?

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2006/...n2170723.shtml

http://obama.senate.gov/about/

About Barack Obama

"Barack Obama has dedicated his life to public service as a community organizer, civil rights attorney, and leader in the Illinois state Senate. Obama now continues his fight for working families following his recent election to the United States Senate"

Oh Good Lord! Nothing like a converted Muslim in the White House.

I don't totally dislike him as I have other Democratic presidential candidates in the past, but I wouldn't vote Democrat if Jesus was running. It's like my voting finger would surely fall off or something.

[quote="Merika"]
    but I wouldn't vote Democrat if Jesus was running.
    Well, if Jesus were running that should ensure the religious vote for the party he is running for .
    The butterfly counts not months but moments, and has time enough. - Rabindranath Tagore

Keep true to the dreams of your youth. - Friedrich Schiller

The only philosophy which can be responsibly practised in face of despair is the attempt to contemplate all things as they would present themselves from the standpoint of redemption. - Theodor Adorno

Re:

he will be pesident just nor in 08.

It's important to get this straight: Obama is not a Muslim. His father was from Africa, and he was born in Kansas and raised in both Kansas and Hawaii. If you had bothered to read the links before posting, you would have seen this: "Obama and his wife, Michelle, married in 1992 and live on Chicago ’s South Side where they attend Trinity United Church of Christ."

Re:

he joined trinity united as an adult...here is a quote from him "I was drawn to the power of the African American religious tradition to spur social change. [...] In the history of these struggles, I was able to see faith as more than just a comfort to the weary or a hedge against death; rather, it was an active, palpable agent in the world. [...] It was because of these newfound understandings–that religious commitment did not require me to suspend critical thinking, disengage from the battle for economic and social justice, or otherwise retreat from the world that I knew and loved–that I was finally able to walk down the aisle of Trinity United Church of Christ one day and be baptized. It came about as a choice and not an epiphany; the questions I had did not magically disappear. But kneeling beneath that cross on the South Side of Chicago, I felt God's spirit beckoning me. I submitted myself to His will, and dedicated myself to discovering His truth"

Thread Information