I haven't been checking in because...

I've been unbelievably ill and it's taken the wind right out of me, literally!

I now feel I've been coming down with something since before Christmas and it hit me like a ton of bricks on the 28th of December when I was visiting my Coast family! I was heartbroken because I couldn't see my other little granddaughter for the extra day because I was so ill and so was Duke, though he put up with a LOT!!! I do thank Duke from the bottom of my heart for allowing me to visit, since he wasn't well himself!

Because my job isn't very demanding, I did make it to work for all of last week, but that's all I did! Coming home, trying to force some food down, doing dishes, and going right to curl up on the couch until bedtime! I laid around all day yesterday, but am trying to do some bits today.

I still can't taste anything, I have no energy, and my breathing isn't up to snuff though it's somewhat better. Even the doctor at the Coast at the walk-in clinic wasn't sure what was wrong. Seems a lot of people are sick, have been sick, or are getting sick at work.

I am so sorry to hear you and Duke were/are sick. I was sick right before Christmas but I don't think it was as bad as you are. Being sick on vacation sucks. I hope you feel better soon. Take it easy and we will see you in cyberspace when you are better.
    The brain is a wonderful organ; it starts working the moment you get up in the morning, and does not stop until you get to the office. (Robert Frost)

Re:

luba, i'm sorry that you've been so sick. i hope you feel better real soon.
    Life is what you make of it. Make it happen.

Re:

Ya, this cold/flu/whatever is a real bugger. I still feel a bit lazy but I'm definitely better than I was. The one thing that remains though is the cough, good luck getting rid of it because it refuses to go away.
    My Daughter Rules!

Band of Others: Are you a Gamer looking for a home, look no more bro!

Ofear.com: Confronting fears, phobias, and panic attacks, in a friendly online community.

Movie Talk: Like discussing movies, tv and streaming media, well so do we.

Re:

Quote Originally Posted by Duke
    I'm definitely better than I was.
    So glad to hear that!

I was talking to some people at work who have been kindly checking up on me to see how I was feeling and they've been/are sick also. What seems to remain is the awful tiredness...we're just zapped off our energy; so lethargic!

Re: I haven't been checking in because...

haven't been here in quite a while but --yes I do still check in once in a while. I've had 3 angioplasties so far and am now doing as well as could be expected. I'm not as fast as before but still on the right side of the daises.

Thread Information