Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Super Bowl coming....

However, I lost $5.00 on the Dallas/Seattle game! I have another $5.00 bet on the Chicago/Seattle game this weekend....

THIS time I WILL hopefully watch the whole game and cheer like mad!

Re: Super Bowl coming....

so who did you pick?

Hehe. I was lucky enough to see a couple of games (mostly college) when I was in the US. Including the bizarre Boise State - Oklahoma game. Happy that Boise won it
    The butterfly counts not months but moments, and has time enough. - Rabindranath Tagore

Keep true to the dreams of your youth. - Friedrich Schiller

The only philosophy which can be responsibly practised in face of despair is the attempt to contemplate all things as they would present themselves from the standpoint of redemption. - Theodor Adorno

Quote Originally Posted by darkangelism
    so who did you pick?
    The man I bet with LOVES Seattle and I'm not crazy about them...naturally then, I went for Chicago.
    I have to check to see if the game is on today or tomorrow....

its tomorrow...that boise state game was a crazy game, i live in oklahoma so im not so happy about it.

I can imagine you are not to happy about the result, DA. A dramatic 4th quarter in which Boise seemed to throw the game away ...

In my mind they deserved it, as they were not exactly the favorites.
    The butterfly counts not months but moments, and has time enough. - Rabindranath Tagore

The only philosophy which can be responsibly practised in face of despair is the attempt to contemplate all things as they would present themselves from the standpoint of redemption. - Theodor Adorno

I don't usually watch football except for Super Bowl. We usually have a party and I end up talking to my friends more than watching the game. I do enjoy the commercials however. That is the only reason I watch it at all.
    The brain is a wonderful organ; it starts working the moment you get up in the morning, and does not stop until you get to the office. (Robert Frost)

With the mindset of "Gee, that they wasted a million bucks on this crappy commercial? ", tkdlady?

Sometimes that is the thought that crosses my mind. But some of them are pretty good. They may not be worth the millions they pay but some are fun to watch. It beats the football game.
    The brain is a wonderful organ; it starts working the moment you get up in the morning, and does not stop until you get to the office. (Robert Frost)

But without the football game, only 4% of the total viewers would watch the commercials ...

Still

You have a point. That's okay, I watch the commercials around the game. :wink:

I wonder if the people who are interested in football, tell you to watch the game in a room without TV. Preferably with anyone else who does not like football that much...

We all watch the commercials. Even the football fans. I do watch the game a little, especially if it is a team I like. Haven't been too many of those the last couple of years however. I don't interfere with the game watchers.

My gf is bored to death by the game - although she was quite interested in the game of her university :?

Re:

the commercials are actually cheaper per viewer then most TV shows.

Yes. But is the world record simultaneous flushing a toilet not set during half-time of a Superbowl??

Re:

lol, i never thought about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Vautrin
    Yes. But is the world record simultaneous flushing a toilet not set during half-time of a Superbowl??
    I'm one of those responsible at that point in time, too!

Got another bet for the other game. $5.00 on New England while the other opposition (I have two different bets with two guys I work with) is taking Indianapolis.

I hope the Patriots don't win though. They have been way too dominant in the past years.

I don't care. I just want to watch the commercials.

Will you post a full-update on the commercials?

I hope Dodge is using something better than the annoying robot to assault its truck. Because I must have seen that once every 3.92 minutes during the other ball games.

Re:

that commercial is in every commercial break it seems.

Damn it, even "Married with Children" jokes on the Dodge are better than that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Vautrin
    Will you post a full-update on the commercials?

I hope Dodge is using something better than the annoying robot to assault its truck. Because I must have seen that once every 3.92 minutes during the other ball games.
    I will do what I can!!

Thread Information