Vautrin is leaving for a while....

Let's tell him how much he will be missed while we wish him the best time ever!!!

Have a great trip, Vautrin! Keep in touch if you have time!

Your friend, Luba

Still 48 hours before I am on the plane - still 41 hours before I leave ;-).
    The butterfly counts not months but moments, and has time enough. - Rabindranath Tagore

Keep true to the dreams of your youth. - Friedrich Schiller

The only philosophy which can be responsibly practised in face of despair is the attempt to contemplate all things as they would present themselves from the standpoint of redemption. - Theodor Adorno

Did you say you would be gone for 4 months? I can't remember. Have a great trip and a wonderful time with your girlfriend. We will certainly miss you.
    The brain is a wonderful organ; it starts working the moment you get up in the morning, and does not stop until you get to the office. (Robert Frost)

Re:

You better get your @ss to a computer now and again my friend, we're all gonna miss ya.
    My Daughter Rules!

Band of Others: Are you a Gamer looking for a home, look no more bro!

Ofear.com: Confronting fears, phobias, and panic attacks, in a friendly online community.

Movie Talk: Like discussing movies, tv and streaming media, well so do we.

The computer is not the hard part. It is just the problem that Telkom (aka Hellkom) has a monopoly on ADSL. For a GB/ month, you wold be paying roughly US $110 - and with earning power what it is in SA, that qualifies as state-approved extortion. Even Internet via satellite (which is offered by another company) is cheaper!
    The butterfly counts not months but moments, and has time enough. - Rabindranath Tagore

The only philosophy which can be responsibly practised in face of despair is the attempt to contemplate all things as they would present themselves from the standpoint of redemption. - Theodor Adorno

Have fun V . Did you say you were coming via the UK?

Re:

have a great time vautrin and you KNOW that we're all going to miss you terribly! check in once in awhile okay?
    Life is what you make of it. Make it happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Meanon
    Yes, I went via the UK. Those idiotic rules for terrorism promotion (as a result of the sheer stupidity displayed) are highly frustrating.

1. Come with hand luggage and laptop in laptop bag
    2. Remove laptop from laptop bag.
    3. Stuff laptop bag in hand luggage. Does not fit. Take out extremely expensive coat and stuff laptop bag in.
    4. Carry laptop, expensive coat, and this uncarriable hand luggage (I could not even close it, but that was fine.
    5. Be in pain for as long as you are in the que.
    6. More pain:even the US is not that drastic in security.
    7. Be done with it.

VAUTRIN! You won't believe this maybe, but I was thinking about you and how much I missed your posts when I sat down by the Computer and THEN I see a post from YOU! Wow!

I'm sorry to hear about the travelling problem, however! I hope we hear more from you soon!

Quote Originally Posted by Vautrin
    Yes, I went via the UK. Those idiotic rules for terrorism promotion (as a result of the sheer stupidity displayed) are highly frustrating.

1. Come with hand luggage and laptop in laptop bag
    2. Remove laptop from laptop bag.
    3. Stuff laptop bag in hand luggage. Does not fit. Take out extremely expensive coat and stuff laptop bag in.
    4. Carry laptop, expensive coat, and this uncarriable hand luggage (I could not even close it, but that was fine.
    5. Be in pain for as long as you are in the que.
    6. More pain:even the US is not that drastic in security.
    7. Be done with it.
    I was going to tell you all about the new rules but thought i'd check if you'd left 1st! We got caught out on the way to Amsterdam this Jan and had to drink all the Champers before we were allowed to board. hic

I was going to tell you all about the new rules but thought i'd check if you'd left 1st! We got caught out on the way to Amsterdam this Jan and had to drink all the Champers before we were allowed to board. hic
    Perhaps that is why the English have a reputation of being drunken louts (in the perception of the Dutch)

Yeah, it's all the Airline's fault!

I'm not sure we five are entirely responsible for British Loutishness, but it's an unpleasant slice of British culture you see often abroad. It's a minority, but what they lack in numbers they make up for in volume, arrogance and ignorance. Still, at least they stick together in Little Englander places so are easily avoided. Some Americans can give them a run for their money, though to be fair those I have encountered that are as bad had just got off a naval ship. I guess they felt they had to do 4 months of drinking, fun and womanising in only three nights before heading off to sea again

Thread Information