Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Who watches "Desperate Housewives"?

I LOVE this show! It is SO well written and it's got EVERYTHING! Four friends who have been through everything together....if you are interested I will tell you everything I can remember up until now so you can start watching...

i don't like desperate house wifes....but i am addicted to lost, i brought series 1+2 last week and i have nearly finished series 2, but i can't wait for series 3 to come out on dvd...yo0u can actually understand it with dvd than on tv series lol

I admit it, I'm addicted to Desperate Housewives.

I watched some of Lost but kept missing bits and then not knowing what was going on, plus it was a bit too heavy for me - when I watch TV I'm usually after something light.

i just have a mixed variety but i tend to watch more heavy stuff than lighter stuff, i like programmes with twists and get me thinking..

Quote Originally Posted by Meanon
    I admit it, I'm addicted to Desperate Housewives.
    ALLRIGHT, MEANON!! We have a blast with a friend of mine talking about Sunday night's episode while waiting for the bus to take us to work Monday morning!

What or who is your favourite story line right now or favourite character. I can't pick, I just LOVE all the twists and turns!

Too bad it's not on tonight because of the Academy Awards!

I can't remember their names (I have a problem remembering names generally). Funniest episode has to be the rather uptight woman (Bea? Beau?) who has remarried and rushes to the Doctor on her wedding night as she thinks she's having a seizure.

I remember that! That was Bree Hodge who used to be married to Rex Van De Camp! LOVE that show! It is SO unpredictable and the Writing is superb! The acting is wonderful, too...GREAT Cast!

So funny how the Anniversary of Lynette and Tom went awry after his careful and extremely wonderful Romantic plans; but he ended up getting what was the ultimate pleasure from his plan! I just LOVE the unexpected twists and turns of that show!

Re: Who watches "Desperate Housewives"?

Meanon, did you see the Show last night when the ladies were sharing about Edie's death? I taped it and watched it this morning and I'm wet with tears. What a beautifully written show!

All the episodes have twists and turns; have so much heart, wit, and just amazing writing!

Anyone else watching it? If not, I do recommend getting the DVD's for each season; I will be shocked if you're not hooked.
    Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.

True love is wanting to give to another person without any thought about
    who’s getting the better of the deal.

Love always creates, it never destroys. In this lie's man's only promise

~All quotes by Leo Buscaglia

Being 40'ish I don't watch the show even though I think many of the women are haut. There's only so much I'll put up with to look at a pretty lady and watching this show is not one of those things.
    My Daughter Rules!

Band of Others: Are you a Gamer looking for a home, look no more bro!

Ofear.com: Confronting fears, phobias, and panic attacks, in a friendly online community.

Movie Talk: Like discussing movies, tv and streaming media, well so do we.

Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    Being 40'ish I don't watch the show even though I think many of the women are haut. There's only so much I'll put up with to look at a pretty lady and watching this show is not one of those things.
    I guess I am still in my 20s, because none of the actors rock my boat in the slightest ...

eh....
    The butterfly counts not months but moments, and has time enough. - Rabindranath Tagore

Keep true to the dreams of your youth. - Friedrich Schiller

The only philosophy which can be responsibly practised in face of despair is the attempt to contemplate all things as they would present themselves from the standpoint of redemption. - Theodor Adorno

Thanks for recommending this show Luba. I loved it ! I have seen every episode until the end of season 5. I can't wait to see season 6
    " Begin with the ending in mind ~ Stephen Covey "

Not my kind of show.
    The brain is a wonderful organ; it starts working the moment you get up in the morning, and does not stop until you get to the office. (Robert Frost)

My wife is obsessed with it. She puts up with my taste in tv shows and watches my baseball games with me. So I, in return, watch housewives with her each week. I'm pretty sure that I have seen every episode thus far.

Don't tell anyone I admitted this, but hopefully we're back together before the new season starts...I'm secretly growing to like the show a little bit.

Quote Originally Posted by xxALONExx View Post
    Don't tell anyone I admitted this, but hopefully we're back together before the new season starts...I'm secretly growing to like the show a little bit.
    lmao, your secret is safe with us
    My Daughter Rules!

Band of Others: Are you a Gamer looking for a home, look no more bro!

Ofear.com: Confronting fears, phobias, and panic attacks, in a friendly online community.

Movie Talk: Like discussing movies, tv and streaming media, well so do we.

Quote Originally Posted by sam View Post
    Thanks for recommending this show Luba. I loved it ! I have seen every episode until the end of season 5. I can't wait to see season 6
    Quote Originally Posted by xxALONExx View Post
    My wife is obsessed with it. She puts up with my taste in tv shows and watches my baseball games with me. So I, in return, watch housewives with her each week. I'm pretty sure that I have seen every episode thus far.

Fi-na-lly!! Two people to discuss this show with!! LOVE you both!!

Can't wait for the new season myself!!!

Let the discussion start:
    (1) What parts stand out for you in any season?
    (2) Who is your favourite character/s?
    (3) Do you have a favourite season of the show?
    (4) Do you think that Edie leaving will harm the show? Did you love/hate her?
    (5) Any happenings you want to discuss first?
    Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.

I enjoyed every episode The scene where all the characters were inside the car reminiscing about all the good things Edie has done for them was really touching. That reminded me to never judge a book by it 's cover.
    My favorite is Eva Longoria 's character. Sometimes I dislike Teri Hatcher 's character especially when she showed her painting in the basement to Mike Delfino just to prove that Kathy lied to him. I also loved the scene when Edie and Susan got stuck in the basement. They engaged in an argument and to prove her point Edie made a list of Susan's ex boyfriends .

I wonder why they had to axe Nicollete's character?? It's not going to be the same in Wisteria Lane without Edie

I believe that Nicolette Sheridan wanted out of the show, but don't know the reason why. She was GREAT in the Edie character. I'm going to miss her!

I LOVE Mrs. McClusky (not sure if that's how her name is spelled, I really shouldn't be lazy and look all these things up.)

Edie and Susan stuck in the basement, LOVE that! Eva Longoria is fantastic as Gabby, she's all about herself, she cracks me up!

I'm glad, also, that Mike's character came back. I believe that a year or so ago they were going to write him out and he was okay with that. I think he's hot, I like his laid-back attitude!

There are SO many things to talk about that occur on this show, it's hard to just pinpoint one thing or another. LOVE this Show!!

i agreeeeeeeeeeee....imagine having mike delfino as a neighbor? oh wow!
    I am going to wake up early and shower early everyday and stay on the porch the whole day just so I can wave at him when he passes by

I am going to wake up early and shower early everyday and stay on the porch the whole day just so I can wave at him when he passes by
    LOVE that! Can I bring my coffee over and we'll spy on him together? Maybe take shifts so we don't miss him!

Quote Originally Posted by Luba View Post
    LOVE that! Can I bring my coffee over and we'll spy on him together? Maybe take shifts so we don't miss him!
    Great Idea Luba I would certainly love the coffee and the company

Quote Originally Posted by Luba View Post
    Great Idea Luba I would certainly love the coffee and the company
    Imagine living on Wisteria Lane...never a dull moment.

I sure like the little boy that plays MJ! I was SO worried crazy Dave was going to kill him! I'm SO glad they didn't make us wait until the next season to find out!

SO...sam...what kind of coffee do you like?

i love the show.. its so much fun.. i bunked work to watch dvds of it

The show is hilarious. It really makes fun of the whole love affair between bored housewives and oversexed men. It does have some serious parts in it, especially the murder mysteries that surround it. I keep missing this show, but it is one of my favorites!

I guess I'll have to break down and buy the dvd sets!

yes ivy do buy the dvds. time files with them!

Thread Information