Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Catch Phrase Help

I was wondering how you all would feel about helping me assign "catch phrases" to the banners soon to be implimented at lifesupporters.com?

You'll notice the headers now rotate (all be it, not that well currently) but the goal is to have a new banner in the header area upon each and every page refresh. Here are some of the banners I've created, some on the main page, some not finished yet:

I have all the layered files so I can make whatever changes you folks think would look or sound better. I just want to state though, that I'm looking for simplicity and professionalism which is why the banner images are pretty plain.

Updated with Christmas Headers:

Last edited by Duke; 12-11-2007 at 12:51 AM.
    My Daughter Rules!

Band of Others: Are you a Gamer looking for a home, look no more bro!

Ofear.com: Confronting fears, phobias, and panic attacks, in a friendly online community.

Movie Talk: Like discussing movies, tv and streaming media, well so do we.

Re: Catch Phrase Help

wow i just LOVE everything you've put.. is it allowed to put all these in ONE signature ? if yes, could you put all thse to my signature?? wow.. the wordings are really great...

*Sometimes letting go is wisest*
    *Giving your heart doesn't mean losing your life*
    *Learning to share is learning to live together*

well just some sentences that passed through my mind.. hope i've helped.

Thanks for the input, it's a great help!

I'll be adding more images here without catch phrases within the upcoming weeks so we can all work on adding the phrases together.

The images above are much too large to be used in the forums as signatures but it has crossed my mind to size them down and offer them as sigs. If you're interested, all the above banners are in rotation on our main page at lifesupporters.com.

I'd prefer it if signature sizes could be confined to the size you see in my sig (400 px x 100 px) just because they don't make the forum too large. Is there any image above you'd prefer to use as a sig?

Just let me know and I'll put it together for you. I'll even add it to your profile if you so desire.
    My Daughter Rules!

Ofear.com: Confronting fears, phobias, and panic attacks, in a friendly online community.

completely off topic but duke look at your messages please. sorry

Does anyone else hate this image:

I know my daughter doesn't like it and I really think it's crap too.

Thoughts?
    My Daughter Rules!

It is not the greatest, but that may be because of the text as well. I imagine it is hard to come up with something great with that text.
    The butterfly counts not months but moments, and has time enough. - Rabindranath Tagore

Keep true to the dreams of your youth. - Friedrich Schiller

The only philosophy which can be responsibly practised in face of despair is the attempt to contemplate all things as they would present themselves from the standpoint of redemption. - Theodor Adorno

Maybe you could find a similar picture but with her shirt covering her belly. That was the only thing that kind of bothered me about it. I like the idea and the text that goes with it.
    The brain is a wonderful organ; it starts working the moment you get up in the morning, and does not stop until you get to the office. (Robert Frost)

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who feels this way about this banner so I'll be working to change it soon.

BTW, how do you feel about the other banners in rotation?
    My Daughter Rules!

I am okay with them.
    The brain is a wonderful organ; it starts working the moment you get up in the morning, and does not stop until you get to the office. (Robert Frost)

I like them. Although some would argue the praying for better parents is a bit heavy. That is why I like it though.
    The butterfly counts not months but moments, and has time enough. - Rabindranath Tagore

The only philosophy which can be responsibly practised in face of despair is the attempt to contemplate all things as they would present themselves from the standpoint of redemption. - Theodor Adorno

I think I know a few kids who would do just that!!

Quote Originally Posted by Vautrin View Post
    I like them. Although some would argue the praying for better parents is a bit heavy. That is why I like it though.
    Quote Originally Posted by tkdlady View Post
    I think I know a few kids who would do just that!!
    Actually, the whole idea behind that banner is to get bad parents thinking. I'd much rather have a bad parent consider how they are affecting their child instead of having a child suffer.

Although this place is very much a self help support forum I'm also big on helping kids feel special and not like little inconveniences which is sadly quite common.
    My Daughter Rules!

I too would hope bad parents would recognize themselves as bad and work to fix it. I hate to see innocent children suffer.

Updated:

Better, worse?
    My Daughter Rules!

I just saw the new banner with the pregnant lady. I like it a little more but why does her belly have to hang out? Pregnancy is a beautiful thing but I guess I don't see why it has to be bare. I guess I am a prude in some things.

Quote Originally Posted by tkdlady View Post
    I just saw the new banner with the pregnant lady. I like it a little more but why does her belly have to hang out? Pregnancy is a beautiful thing but I guess I don't see why it has to be bare. I guess I am a prude in some things.
    The number of options available for both mom and dad in the photos are limited to the two examples you've seen already. Anything other than a bare tummy shot just looks like a fat woman and that doesn't help with the overall message.
    My Daughter Rules!

I'd like to add that the banners are there to incite some form of emotion and thought so if they are neutral or simply site advertising then there's no reason to have them.

The one thing that urked me the most about the old site was our banner and how it meant absolutely nothing. I'm really hoping to use our site banners to help relay messages instead of just use for pretty image space.
    My Daughter Rules!

This one is much better than the other one. I understand that you want to reach an emotional level. I think this one does it better than the first one. Didn't mean to imply otherwise.

i didnt like the last one with the red text, but i just saw the new one and i think its 100x better, i really like it!

the red text before made it feel a bit..i dunno whatt he word is for it but i think the blue text is a lot more welcoming

I actually never really liked the old banner to be honest but it was the very first one in use here. Trying to find a legal and royalty free image that goes with that phrase is virtually impossible so options are extremely limited sadly.

It is an important message which is why I need to retain but I do agree, I wish there were more image choices. At least this one has her tummy and part of dads face in the shot so it really helps emphasize that it's important for dad to love child early as well.
    My Daughter Rules!

I liked both of them, but the second one is more loving because it includes the Dad. I have never had a problem with the belly showing because one of my very favourite memories is with Dwoing's Mother showing me her belly when she was pregant with my Granddaughter. It was such a huge moment for me knowing that my first grandchild was growing inside....I LOVE that memory and I will forever be grateful for Dwoing's Mother for sharing it with me!

I guess I don't like the belly showing because of me when I was pregnant. I was so fat and felt like such an elephant. I didn't want anyone to see me. I had no problem with the fact that I was pregnant. That was a wonderful feeling once the morning sickness was gone, just was such a balloon and I never did lose all of it afterward.

But the alternatives would be
    1) clothing that is a bit too big, just to cover everything up
    2) less far along in the pregnancy, thus smaller / nonexistant belly
    3) alternative pic: positive result for a pregnacy test?

The problem isn't in finding images, it's in finding royalty free images that I can publish on the net without getting sued. The images I'm using here conform to terms and conditions set forth by one of my favorite image sources. I've signed up at many of them including Comstock (which I used on the old site) until they changed their terms of use.

Making banners is a time consuming process to say the least but what takes even more time is to find images I can use legally. As far as I know, the source I use currently is the only one I know of that offers high resolution images without having to pay for them.
    My Daughter Rules!

The picture you have now is fine. I like the banner. It does what it is supposed to, to make you understand that that little life inside is important at every stage of development and the people who are responsible for him or her are the most valuable asset to his/her well being in all respects. It touches the heart.

Thread Information