Where in the world ...?

are you, members of LifeSupporters? Been coming on, only to see noone posted.
    The butterfly counts not months but moments, and has time enough. - Rabindranath Tagore

Keep true to the dreams of your youth. - Friedrich Schiller

The only philosophy which can be responsibly practised in face of despair is the attempt to contemplate all things as they would present themselves from the standpoint of redemption. - Theodor Adorno

Re: Where in the world ...?

yeah i noticed that too, its the first thing i do when i get home.

I have been checking a few times but this has been a bad day. I didn't feel like posting. Maybe tomorrow will be better.
    The brain is a wonderful organ; it starts working the moment you get up in the morning, and does not stop until you get to the office. (Robert Frost)

I am skipping going to bed today.

Where is Luba when you need her to spam away?
    And Duke?

It's times like this that you think of Merika again. Hope she and her kids are doing well.
    The butterfly counts not months but moments, and has time enough. - Rabindranath Tagore

The only philosophy which can be responsibly practised in face of despair is the attempt to contemplate all things as they would present themselves from the standpoint of redemption. - Theodor Adorno

Sorry folks, I'm working strange hours for the next 3 weeks minimum with the maximum being 3 months. My minimum shift is at least 12 hours long so I pretty much get home, check here a bit and then go to bed.
    My Daughter Rules!

Band of Others: Are you a Gamer looking for a home, look no more bro!

Ofear.com: Confronting fears, phobias, and panic attacks, in a friendly online community.

Movie Talk: Like discussing movies, tv and streaming media, well so do we.

im alwys on when everyone else in bed! i work strange hours too
    10pm-8am GMT so im on 7pm-9:30ish and then a hour or 2 at 8am

You're times are not that strange to me GG. Currently based in the Netherlands, so that is only 1 hour of time difference.

I would not mind working at night. It is definitely cooler.

My Mother-in-law passed away last Monday and my husband's and my life has somehow turned upside down for the time being....with what's left of the her side of the family is not close...so we don't know how long it's going to be to settle matters....

It's really helped me in dealing with her passing that I know I was as good a daughter-in-law as I could be even though it was somewhat of a struggle at times to establish my boundaries...but we did love each other through these last years even though there were so many lost years...a tragic story, really, for my husband and my children.

I will post when I can again....

Sorry to hear that Luba.

You're a bigger person than I am luba because I didn't even try to buy into her weak @ssed attempt to finally infiltrate my brothers and my lives. They say not to speak ill of those who have passed on but she did nothing to be remembered for fondly in my life, neither did grampa.

I believe I too was eligible for a day off from work when they both passed on and I took neither because I believe the day off would give them more respect than they deserve.

I'm sorry this sounds so petty everyone but neither gave a crap about their grandchildren and the sheer ignorance they shown us kids is simply overwhelming. I know when someone passes it's not meant to be a vehicle of disrespect but in my books you have to earn my respect, not get it because of who you know or how old you are. Neither of these people did anything to make my brother or I feel like anything other than a nuisance so they deserve nothing but the contempt I feel they shown us via their collective actions (or lack thereof).
    My Daughter Rules!

Ofear.com: Confronting fears, phobias, and panic attacks, in a friendly online community.

I am sorry they weren't better grandparents to you Duke. I only had one grandparent until I was about 16 and then she died. She wasn't the friendliest to me. She had this old school idea that women were subservient to all men and used to get onto me when I didn't jump right up and make my brother a sandwich for lunch. I loved my grandmother because she was my mom's mom but we had problems when I got older. I am sorry to you Luba because I know what it is like to lose a mother-in-law. I wasn't super close but I know my husband hurt when she died. Anyway, my sympathies to both of you.
    The brain is a wonderful organ; it starts working the moment you get up in the morning, and does not stop until you get to the office. (Robert Frost)

Thank you, Vautrin and tkdlady, for your kind words!

I left a week ago loving the woman and coming back not knowing her at all as mentioned in another post of mine.

I feel used and played.....that's all I can say!

Quote Originally Posted by Luba View Post
    Thank you, Vautrin and tkdlady, for your kind words!

I left a week ago loving the woman and coming back not knowing her at all as mentioned in another post of mine.

I feel used and played.....that's all I can say!
    This prolly isn't the right question but are you sure your loved her because I have my doubts on that? I believe you may think you loved her but I don't believe that you truly did.

Your one of the most intelligent people I've known when it comes to reading people and for years you knew her only as a cave troll so I'm finding it hard to believe that you've done a complete about face.

I think maybe you wanted to love her but I really find it hard to believe you truly loved her. Now I think your in turmoil more because you had read her right the first time, gave her the benefit of the doubt, tried to embrace her as family and got burned in the end.

I'm sorry I'm being such a hard @ss on this subject but mim, she didn't deserve your loyalty and she certainly didn't deserve dad's either. There are rotten people in the world whether you want to admit to it or not so the odds are good that everyone is related to someone who's truly no good.

I'm sure that the way I'm dealing with her passing and the relief I felt over grampa's passing has d00med me to h3ll but so be it. They were two of the worst people I've ever known and as such, deserve nothing but contempt in my books. The only regret I have in their passing is that I never got the chance to truly communicate to them how I truly felt about them.

Again folks, I'm truly sorry for the way I'm being on this topic but I can't lie about the way I feel in regards to these two. Grampa did nothing but get me and my brother in trouble constantly and gramma did nothing to make us feel like anything other than an inconvenience. For this, I hope they both rot and burn in hell.
    My Daughter Rules!

After reading your post a few times, I believe I really wanted to love her so I pushed aside what your Dad had told me about her...I didn't want to believe that someone I loved as much as your Dad could have such a verbal abusive Mother...and sometimes even physical abuse. Your "uncle" whom you don't know because they were kept apart clued me in SO much that my head is swimming...he feels totally cheated not knowing us all...he asked me if he could keep the framed picture of you and your brother that I gave to her. Would you believe he was told he had no family and by the time he was, too many years had passed to become a real family! He was just a small boy when your Dad ran away from home, couldn't take the life anymore...then your 'uncle' left there, too after he graduated...couldn't take anymore, either.

I'm experiencing such feelings of bitterness about her two lives; one that she kept to the world and one with her husband and two sons. I feel used because she told me what I wanted to hear, and because I wanted to be there for her, I swallowed everything she said to me. I hate feeling this way because I'm normally not a bitter person. I'm finding it difficult to be compassionate, and anger and bitterness only hurts me...

Some people don't deserve your compassion. Let it go Luba. You are only hurting yourself. She doesn't care now and she didn't care when she was alive apparently. If there is anything I can do to help you through this let me know. I am a good listener! {{{HUGS}}}

Quote Originally Posted by tkdlady View Post
    Some people don't deserve your compassion. Let it go Luba. You are only hurting yourself. She doesn't care now and she didn't care when she was alive apparently. If there is anything I can do to help you through this let me know. I am a good listener! {{{HUGS}}}
    If you only knew how much that means to me, tkdlady! I am so grateful for your friendship!

I really wish I could let it go, but it keeps swimming around in my mind what I've heard last week! I can't believe why I was so gullible with her! Even with this post...it all astounds me! I don't want to hate her...I don't want this bitterness, it leaves an awful taste in my mouth.

She told me what a horrible life she had and I wanted to be there for her! I was a good daughter-in-law to her in spite of her not being there for my family! I don't understand why I can't let it go...I know I have to...but it all feels so raw and painful to grasp all the bad stuff I heard from especially my husband's brother, and even my husband opened up to talk after all these years when they were comparing notes...

Yet I did have good moments when we'd talk on the phone...people at the Service said such wonderful things about her...one even likened her to a Saint...my husband and his brother said they had to look around because they felt they were at the wrong funeral...

It's all so bizarre!

I know how hard it is to just let it go. I am having the same problem with my issues that I PM'd you about. It is definitely easier said than done. I am here if you need to talk.

Quote Originally Posted by tkdlady View Post
    I know how hard it is to just let it go. I am having the same problem with my issues that I PM'd you about. It is definitely easier said than done. I am here if you need to talk.

Thanks again, tkdlady! I have to pull myself together and just let it all go...if only I wasn't so upset about it all....

Maybe I should just get drunk! Like THAT would solve anything....no alcohol in my 'champagne'.

It would work if you could stay drunk 24/7. Unfortunately you have to get sober sometime.

If uncle has the internet, you should get him to sign up. Perhaps this can be a vehicle for a family re-union.
    My Daughter Rules!

Thread Information