Australia rejects role for Britain's Prince Willia

SYDNEY (AFP) - Australian leaders on Friday ruled out Britain's Prince William becoming the country's governor-general, with one commenting that the best place for British royals was half-a-world away in the United Kingdom.

More ...
    The brain is a wonderful organ; it starts working the moment you get up in the morning, and does not stop until you get to the office. (Robert Frost)

Re: Australia rejects role for Britain's Prince Wi

Interestingly enough, that is the same argument the English used to send the Australians half a world away.
    The butterfly counts not months but moments, and has time enough. - Rabindranath Tagore

Keep true to the dreams of your youth. - Friedrich Schiller

The only philosophy which can be responsibly practised in face of despair is the attempt to contemplate all things as they would present themselves from the standpoint of redemption. - Theodor Adorno

i dont beliebe it. im afraid its people reading the new book on Princess Diana, and it was suggested in there and now everyones taken the book upon what was writen when it doesnt necessarly represent the truth. the best person to ask is the prince himself.

i really do wish people would leave the poor princes alone, surely they have had enough to deal with already!

plus we all want him to take the throne! he cant do that if he takes another title like that.

But then the Queen still has to do something about Charles.
    The butterfly counts not months but moments, and has time enough. - Rabindranath Tagore

The only philosophy which can be responsibly practised in face of despair is the attempt to contemplate all things as they would present themselves from the standpoint of redemption. - Theodor Adorno

posion? lol

the prince of Wales is next in line as is tradtition but a lot of people dont think he'll become king im not sure why. But i would love for William to take the throne. hes much more realistic.

ive been sat watching a program on tv actually. its called "the interview with william and harry. and its their first proper interview since their mum died 10 years ago. they are such lovely guys! just like their mum

I think many people hope the Queen outlives Charles. Or by the time she has to abdicate, it is not hard to prove Charles would be unfit.

Poor prince? You know where part of your tax money goes, don't you?

hey i love those princes they are a credit to us all as was their mum. if my tax money is spent on them, id say its being well spent!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Vautrin View Post
    I think many people hope the Queen outlives Charles. Or by the time she has to abdicate, it is not hard to prove Charles would be unfit.

Poor prince? You know where part of your tax money goes, don't you?
    You'd be surprised just how much money they make the UK from all the tourists that come over here and visit their residences and buy all the souveniers.

Thread Information