Devastating News

The Saturday we were supposed to leave on holidays, our Beloved cat disappeared just like that! I can't see the screen for the sobbing which has been almost continual for the two weeks. We spent most of that Saturday looking for her, and I prayed she would come back as she always has! Since we had to go to work on our land, we asked our neighbour to feed her when she showed up and I kept phoning; everyone in the neighbourhood kept an eye out and I kept praying for a miracle that she would be sitting on the steps when we came home which is about an hour ago now. But she wasn't there! I talked to the neighbours and no one has seen her since that fateful day! This grief is just overwhelming, I have such spasms of crying like my heart is going to break, I've not been eating much and when I do, at times I just feel like vomiting. I have never had a pet that wrapped their paws around my husband's and my heart like this little kitty. She has such a personality! She truly has been such a precious gift to us, especially when my husband was so ill and she just kept him warm as they slept on the couch together. She has done so much for me as well, curling up with me every night and purring her little heart out. I just can't go on with this anymore right now, I'm beyond devastated. She isn't just a pet, she's a special family member.

Re: Devastating News

I'm really sorry mim that the cat never showed up. There's really not much I can say to be honest except that I'm sorry.
    My Daughter Rules!

Band of Others: Are you a Gamer looking for a home, look no more bro!

Ofear.com: Confronting fears, phobias, and panic attacks, in a friendly online community.

Movie Talk: Like discussing movies, tv and streaming media, well so do we.

oh no luba im devestated for you, i know exactly how you feel id die if my cat when missing *big cuddle*

I too had a cat disappear on me when I was a child. It is devastating. I know what you are feeling. You have my heartfelt sympathy. I am glad you are back but sorry you are so sad.
    The brain is a wonderful organ; it starts working the moment you get up in the morning, and does not stop until you get to the office. (Robert Frost)

If she was very sick you would have been able to tell.

Strange question perhaps, but how old is she?
    My uncle had a cat disappear on him, when my family (who live 5 miles from him) had to care for him. He was a house cat who never came outside, so it was a bit of a shock that he somehow managed to get out and get lost. Noone had seen him since.

This was in July a couple of years ago. We had to honestly confess what happened.

4 months later, in the cold of November, a strange kitty sneaked into the house, attempting to feed. He was growling like mad, whenever another kitty cat approached. He was skinny. I suddenly recognized the kitty cat - so it ended well.
    Since then this cat has had to deal with another kittycat (my uncle got a new one during the disappearance), but he is well.

Sometimes kitty cats can lose their bearings, or simply get stuck somewhere. I assume you have checked the immediate surrounding area.

hugs to you Luba.
    The butterfly counts not months but moments, and has time enough. - Rabindranath Tagore

Keep true to the dreams of your youth. - Friedrich Schiller

The only philosophy which can be responsibly practised in face of despair is the attempt to contemplate all things as they would present themselves from the standpoint of redemption. - Theodor Adorno

Thank you my very kind, compassionate family/friends here! Everywhere I look I have a memory and an endless supply of tears for her...I have such an ache in my heart, and I can't control the tears. I seem to be fine for a little while and then I see the 'ghost' of her; honestly, and another spasm comes.

Two people seem to think that maybe an owl got her in the dead of night, and that is a horrible picture to absorb and I won't. Something has definitely happened and my imagination wouldn't let it alone, she doesn't deserve that kind of end.

She was only about five years old, had yet a long, long time to live and give us joy. I swear she made us into better people. I just can't pull myself together for long.

My women friends up where we were kept giving me hope, compassion, support, and love. If I lose hope for her return...cats are known for their return after months of being away just like what you said, Vautrin.

Thank you again, you dear, dear people! It helps somewhat to just 'talk' about it here....

sorry to hear that.

Quote Originally Posted by darkangelism View Post
    sorry to hear that.
    Thank you as well, DA.

is it possible to put up posters? if she wondered a bit away from home someone might have picked up and be looking after her

Quote Originally Posted by GamerGal View Post
    is it possible to put up posters? if she wondered a bit away from home someone might have picked up and be looking after her

Thank you for your kind post, GG! She has a little fish tag on her neck with our phone number on it and I did phone the SPCA and other numbers I can think of around here. Because she has always come home, even if she wandered off when we had to go to work, she was always on the step when we came home....that's why even though I don't want to think the worst....I cry..

Quote Originally Posted by GamerGal View Post
    I hate to say it but in that area if she hasn't come back yet, she likely won't be coming back, sorry mim. The area Lu lives in is not exactly pet friendly if your pet likes to wander off. There are a lot of animals around willing to exploit one little mistake so it's not uncommon to lose a pet around there.

Just out of curiosity Lu, why not pick up a new pet? You and dad have both had your hearts broken many times when a pet dies and never buy another yet you'll embrace one if it happens to walk in the door and purr a little.

I've never understood why you just don't flip pets because your both pet owners through and through. Yes they die which is always very sad and you should allow yourself some remorse but not in the manner of never getting another pet. Knowing how much you and dad love animals, it never made any sense to me that every pet was always the "last one".

Don't get a bird though, it will annoy you to no end.

I have an idea, get an iguana or snake, you're so terrified of them you'll be happy when it dies.

Maybe you and dad should strongly consider a fish tank?
    My Daughter Rules!

Band of Others: Are you a Gamer looking for a home, look no more bro!

Ofear.com: Confronting fears, phobias, and panic attacks, in a friendly online community.

Movie Talk: Like discussing movies, tv and streaming media, well so do we.

get a tortoise they last for years and years and are really cute

I can't possibly think of a new pet. We wouldn't have even had our Beloved Cat if she just didn't 'walk' in and take over and insisted on living here and twisted those soft paws around our hearts!

I thank you all for your kind words and help; I REALLY need all the help I can get. The link I posted under "grief" is helping me and I will be doing a LOT of posting about my grief just to get it out...please, please bear with me; I know I'm suffering with depression right now.....

Thread Information