Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Scott Peterson Got the death penalty

What do you thin about the deah penalty in general?

Do you think Scott Peterson deserves the death penalty?

I am generally against death penalty. But: there are socipaths who are a danger even to fellow prisoners. Impulsive killers, unable to control themselves. Only exclusively extreme cases.

This type of peple I think do need to receive death penalty.

Scott Peterson's death penalty does no good to anyone. There are worst killers who got 10 years, meaning that his death is useless. We don't have the right to play God like that.

On the other hand, there are are prisons that make life sentence a curse compaired to the death sentence...

I like the death penalty but i think that it is done all wrong, the people still spend years in prison before they are killed, it should happen a lot faster.

Lynch mobs were fast and concise; does that make them right or better than what we have?

If the person was guilty then yeah lynch mobs are fine, so after a fair trial if its determined that they are guilty, they can be lynched.

The harsher it is the more likely it will scare people from commiting murder. People think twice before doing stuff if they are afraid.

People normally do crimes because they aren't thinking of the consequences. The death penalty does not deter crime at all, and it was posted in the other death penalty thread that something like 11/12 states without the death penalty have less than the national average of violent crimes.

Each person is unique. We all have the power to change, to contribute to the humanity. This oportunity shuld not be overlooked. What if in a couple of years we discover something that can determine the truth beyond doubt?

What if Scott isn't guilty?

Are we less murderes then?

We don't have the death penalty in canada but I do think we should for some cases. Like the Paul Benardo and Karal Homolka case. They should've both been put to death for the crimes they commited against those poor innicent young girls. It's hideous!

I believe that Scott Peterson got just what he deserves. He killed his wife and unborn son and tried to hide it all. He's scum and should be put to death for taking the lives of 2 people. Why should tax payers pay for keeping him in prison?
    Life is what you make of it. Make it happen.

Is Scott Peterson a threat to the society? Tax payers don't mind funding 40 million dollars for a super spy sattelite, do they?

Do people lives come with price tags?

actually putting him to death is more expensive due to more appeals. Which is why the current system is inefficent. But yeah Death is a better option for killers.

Yes scott peterson is a threat to society, killing people is a pretty big threat.

Quote Originally Posted by twinkle
    Is Scott Peterson a threat to the society? Tax payers don't mind funding 40 million dollars for a super spy sattelite, do they?

Do people lives come with price tags?
    Scott Peterson is a threat to society since he killed his wife and unborn baby boy. He would do it again if he knew he can get away with it.

People who kill innocent people don't deserve for society to keep them alive in the prison. They don't deserve to live after taking the lives of others as far as I'm concerned. We pay for their food, roof over their heads, education.... why should we pay for that?!? I'm in total agreement with the death penalty for those who commit hideous crimes against others.

Are there more important crimes than others? Are there not people's lives still taken away? Should we kill all murderers?

People decided Scott Peterson is guilty. Yet no evidence showed that. People were moved by the pretty pregnant woman. Are they SURE hevdid it or do they just think he did it?

Us, the human society, are a funny thing. We think about recycling plastic and glass, yet we cannot come up with a way of recycling human lives.

NO ONE is perfect. We all are guilty of greater or smaller sins! We've already interviened genetically and are to change the very essence of life,the ADN structure. That is for a good cause.

Why kill? What do we, as a society gain from killing? Does it serve any purpose but our thirst of blood and revenge? Is that not a bigger sin? To kill because we think we're that good, that perfect, that that person isn't worthy of breathing the same air as us?

Ain't that the bigger sin??? Pride? Contempt? Punishment?

I wonder if you would feel the same if it were one of your loved ones that was murdered. That's how I think about it all...what if it were one of my family members?

I don't know if you know much about the paul banardo and karla homolka case or not but that happened pretty much in my back yard. I live in the same city they lived, hunted and killed those teenage girls. It was a horrifying time for everyone in this city. I'll never forget it. I had teenage nieces and was worried about them every minute of every day because of these two predators.

Karla will be released very soon and will be able to live free as a bird for the rest of her life because of a "deal" that she made for the trial. Paul will never get out but here we are paying to support him in prison. He has a private cell and is protected from the other inmates which i'm sure costs us more to have him protected. These two desearved nothing less then death for what they've done.

The same goes for scott. He took it upon himself to end 2 lives to benefit his own. There is plenty of evidence against him, which is why he was sentenced to death. He is a threat to society. Anyone who kills or harms another human being is a threat to society.

I only believe in death penalty for those who take another human life. not by accident but intentionally. We don't have the death penalty in canada as i mentioned before but I do think we should for people like mentioned above.

The brother of one of my classmates (we weren't good friends, but we'd hang out at times) got beaten to death when he was on a winter holiday. 21.

I've seen the mourning, the pain, the mother going mad...

We have that in us. The beastiality. It's just that some people are able to control it better than others.

There are so many things we don't knw, star. Genetical predisposition to violence, bad anger management... Just like they've discovered that there's a genetic predisposition to alcohol and overeating.

Some people break the law every week. I feel guilty if I cross a street on red. It's the perception of the law, of the authority. Different.

Nothing makes murder forgivable. Nothing. Nothing will bring those people back. They have to live with themselves each and every day, between 4 walls.

You're talking about people that are gone. They are GONE. Killing more people, no matter how guilty or attrocious, won't bring them back. Won't make things even.

IF somene ever decides to kill anyone, they don't think: "Hey, I'll only get 10 years for it. Or maybe 20". They think of spending the next 20 years in jail just as much as they think about getting the death sentence... ZERO. NADA. NIENTE. NEVER. All murderers think they can get away (unless those who want to get caught).

The moment they've decided to kill... they will.

Us, the educated public, respecting the law... we're different, aren't we? Because we don't KILL.

I think that we are too lax on other areas. All rapists should get life sentence. All pedophiles should get life sentence. These are the real threats.

Taking one's life... or permanently damaging someone... Who knows which one is worst?

having a messed up life is better then none at all, if it wasnt somebody should kill me.

There was an article in our local newspaper about a child sex offender that was being released back into our society and he was highly to re-offend! He was going to be living in a motel in a neighbourhood that's filled with kids, was going to be receiving meals on wheels and taking medication to "stop the urge" of molesting children. I was infuriated by this article so much that I called meals on wheels and asked them if this is what this service was going to do; give free meals to a sex offender. They denied it even though it was in the newspaper article. Then I decided to write a letter to the editor of the paper and it got printed. Needless to say, the sex offender didn't even end up living in our city after that was printed.

I don't think that child molesters or any sex offender should be allowed to walk among society. They should be locked up and throw away the key. But, they keep letting them back out into society to re-offend. Unless they take a life (even though a person is severely ripped apart after they've been molested or raped), then they should just spend the rest of their pathetic life in prison never to be let out again. Killers should be put to death since they showed little respect for human life by taking the life of someone else. I know that it doesn't bring the person (s) back but it does give closure. I'd feel better knowing that the person who took my loved one's life got the death penalty then knowing he still has the luxury of breathing our air. JMHO.

I will agree to disagree on this topic. People have different opinions on this subject which is probably why we don't have the death penalty in our country.

I hear you. I feel the same about rapists.

I think I feel more strongly about rapists than about killers. Torturing for pleasure... that's unimaginable for me. Those people... desirve to be sterilized.

That's about as far as I'd go, LOOL.

I am a firm believer in "an eye for an eye" with exceptions to some cases like drunk driving, insanity, ect. Scott Peterson never claimed insanity nor did he ever admit to commiting the crime when it is obvious that he killed his own child and wife. At the same note I do believe that Rape and crimes commited against children and elders should come with the maximum penalty and I think that lethel injection is a pretty nice humaine way to go.

You're too soft for this world, Heather... you should toughen up, you know?

(I know I shouldnt joke abut this, especially since I don't believe in capital punishment, but was it in a cartoon or in a film the phrase: "the chair, the chair, give him the chair" ??? LOOL!!!)

I say anyone who commits a crime has no rights and therefor does not deserve to live off of my hard earned tax paying dollars.

If you rape, murder, kidnap, etc., you have the same punishment inflicted upon you to a more severe degree. Lethal injection is a complete joke, we give it to pets as a merciful way of putting them to sleep and it's crap. I say hang 'em in public or tie them up and throw lawn darts at them.

Crimes against children means death through the most severe torture methods available to mankind.
    My Daughter Rules!

Band of Others: Are you a Gamer looking for a home, look no more bro!

Ofear.com: Confronting fears, phobias, and panic attacks, in a friendly online community.

Movie Talk: Like discussing movies, tv and streaming media, well so do we.

Agreeed in ancient times if you did something illeagle the towns people stoned your ass to death bet cha people thought twice before they commited a crime...

America has this odd thing called a constitution, which attached to it is a string of amendments. It guarantees a certain set of rights for everyone, including those accused of crimes. To violate these would be an attack on the entire basis of our government. I have to problem with seperating someone who violates a just law from the general public, and in 38 states it is legal to put a person to death for violation of certain laws. But it is stated in the 8th amendment "...nor cruel and unusual punishments inflicted." I'm pretty sure that finding inhumane practices to kill or torture on behalf of the state is a direct violation of the quoted amendment to the US constitution, which I remind you is part of the basis of our federal government.

And as I have argued before, when someone is punished for committing a crime, they are punished for committing a crime against society, and how can we as a society justify punishing people for what we do. Punitive or not, we are punishing people for what the society seems to have deemed acceptable in some cases but not others.

And yes, I do think that rapists are pretty sick, and I rather not have them on the streets with me, but the constitution does guarantee due process for everyone (V, ~VI) as I do think find the idea of a city getting up in arms and killing/punishing the wrong person to be most disgusting.

And DA, lynch mobs are patently against the bill of rights, and the executed often was killed on shaky evidence, and hearsay. That kind of BS should never be passed off as being law.

Quote Originally Posted by Stoneheather
    Agreeed in ancient times if you did something illeagle the towns people stoned your ass to death bet cha people thought twice before they commited a crime...
    They still stone people in Saudi Arabia. And judging by the fact that you are not married and are pregnant you could be stoned in that country. Does that make the punishment right? That was the sort of thing women got stoned for in ancient time too. Does that make it right? No.

I was actually surprised he got the death penalty. I think lots of people were....especiallysince it was in California.

I still have a difficult time believing someone could do that to another person. That's just CREEPY....your OWN wife and child? I would think his nightmares are so bad until he would RATHER be dead! I know I would if I had pictures in my mind of killing someone and stuffing their body in a garbage bag. What could possibly be going thru a person's mind who could do such a thing?

I know we've had this discussion before but I'll tell you something, I may have agreed with you a long time ago but having a child and the thought of having anything bad happen to that child is enough to drive any parent over the edge. I have no problem telling you that if anything happens to my daughter, my life pretty much becomes meaningless anyway. Hunting down the offender WILL become my lifes passion and if I find him/her, they WILL suffer in the sickest means possible.

You simply cannot comprehend worry until it's the worry for a child IMHO. I know for a fact that I'm a different Ken than I was 10 years ago.
    My Daughter Rules!

Band of Others: Are you a Gamer looking for a home, look no more bro!

Ofear.com: Confronting fears, phobias, and panic attacks, in a friendly online community.

Movie Talk: Like discussing movies, tv and streaming media, well so do we.

cruel and unusual is up to interpertation. punishement by death has been around for a very long time. Also lethal injections are pretty humane.

Thread Information