What is Happening to Britney?

Spears 'was in a total meltdown' :: CHICAGO SUN-TIMES :: Entertainment

How could this young woman go so far astray when most young girls looked up to her? I feel sorry for her.

Re: What is Happening to Britney?

I can't feel sorry for her. She isn't being forced to do what she does.
    The brain is a wonderful organ; it starts working the moment you get up in the morning, and does not stop until you get to the office. (Robert Frost)

Neither is the person who steps out in front of a bus, but you have to wonder what choices they made to get them into such a state that they would think that was a solution. It's sad to see any person in such distress that they harm themselves and those they love the most. I hope her and her kids get the help they need. I was very surprised that the courts allowed that level of access given that they clearly knew there was risk. Witnessing that kind of scene is so damaging for a child.

Still don't feel sorry for her. That is probably part of the problem, too many people feel sorry for her instead of kicking her in the butt and helping her get her act together or helping her get some useful help.
    The brain is a wonderful organ; it starts working the moment you get up in the morning, and does not stop until you get to the office. (Robert Frost)

I don't feel sorry for her because she has a lot of money and resources to get help if she wanted it. I also perceive that she does not want help due to her pushing everyone away that loved her and not listening to her management team. She wouldn't even listen to the Judge, she didn't do everything she was suppose to do and no, I just can't feel sorry for her.

I've seen the regular "Jane Doe," get their children taken away for far less reasons with very few resources to rectify their own situations. So, I just can't bring myself to feel too sorry for a Pop Princess that makes more money in one month than "Jane Doe" will probably see in at least 5 years time or longer.

I do feel sorry for her children and her career that she has ruined. Most of the "meltdown" and "distress" she faces now, she has brought on a lot of it herself. It's time for tough love and her owning up to some personal responsibility this late in the game. That's just my opinion.
    Last edited by IvyRose; 01-06-2008 at 12:28 AM. Reason: Edited for clairty

Yes, the children are whats important, amen.

Many of us have had screwy times in our lives where up was down and down was sideways but having children coupled with integrity and decent moral fabric helps many of us pull our heads from our collective @sses.

Britney has no bl00dy excuse if you ask me; she has the resources that most of us never had to seek help yet she just sinks deeper and deeper. I say the general public deserves the sympathy for having to continually follow the Britney Saga.
    My Daughter Rules!

Band of Others: Are you a Gamer looking for a home, look no more bro!

Ofear.com: Confronting fears, phobias, and panic attacks, in a friendly online community.

Movie Talk: Like discussing movies, tv and streaming media, well so do we.

if she was an animal she would of been put down by now. a danger to others etc

i feel sorry for the kids. what the are going through now, and what the will continue to endure as they grow up.

Now Britney's sixteen-year-old sister is pregnant. So young to have a child; she is still one herself.

YouTube - Britney's sister pregnant at 16 - Jamie Lynn Spears

next thing we'll know is that story is a hoax to try and draw attention away from britney.

Quote Originally Posted by GamerGal View Post
    next thing we'll know is that story is a hoax to try and draw attention away from britney.
    Never thought about that...could be!

Wouldn't surprise me.

Quote Originally Posted by Luba View Post
    How could this young woman go so far astray when most young girls looked up to her? I feel sorry for her.
    That was the image that was created around her. I remember talking to my friend when Britney just made her breakthrough (must have been roughly 17 or so). I somehow already had an idea that it would turn out something like this.

Funnily enough she was often contrasted with Christina Aguilera. It seems that the latter has her life in better shape, despite the Impression created otherwise. Again, most of the impression is marketing. What people do on the stage does not tell much of their private lives.
    The butterfly counts not months but moments, and has time enough. - Rabindranath Tagore

Keep true to the dreams of your youth. - Friedrich Schiller

The only philosophy which can be responsibly practised in face of despair is the attempt to contemplate all things as they would present themselves from the standpoint of redemption. - Theodor Adorno

I don't know. I don't like to judge people based on gossip and tabloids.
    I do know that if one thing isn't helping those kids it's this crazy media circus around it.
    Perhaps we should stop eating this media crap just as eagerly as grandma's applepie.
    It doesn't help anyone in their darkest times to get 20 camera's stuffed up their nose.
    My 2 cents
    NoTargeT (a.k.a. Shilka)

Quote Originally Posted by tkdlady View Post
    Still don't feel sorry for her. That is probably part of the problem, too many people feel sorry for her instead of kicking her in the butt and helping her get her act together or helping her get some useful help.
    I'm not trying to make you feel sorry for her, tkdlady. I'm interested in understanding views other than my own, especially when they are held by many people. The way to do that is through an exchange of views in which differing opinions are accepted, not an attempt to persuade. I have a particular interest in this sort of topic as I sometimes work with people who have pressed the self destruct button and they are often the harshest ctitics out there as self hatred is at the root of their problems and their own and other people's understandable reactions to their excesses compound and maintain their problems.

For instance, I see that you equate the giving of sympathy with not giving useful help and the witholding of sympathy as being helpful. This suggests that you may think she deserves help. That puts a far more constructive perspective on what might at first sight may look like total condemnation. Of course, total condembnation may be on the cards too and people who behave like this (agreed, much may be media hype) have to learn to live with that, it's part of taking responsibility for themselves. But the condemnation is usually not as severe, long lasting and total as they imagine. If there is no hope of redemption, there's no incentive to change.

Perhaps Britney should start posting here
    I wonder what our responses would be then...
    NoTargeT (a.k.a. Shilka)

We see way too much of Britney as it is

Though I am curious about Justin

Quote Originally Posted by NoTargeT View Post
    Perhaps Britney should start posting here
    I wonder what our responses would be then...
    We'd just be as honest as we are now, I believe!

Thread Information